What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Simple Harvest and Cure (Step By Step)

Bubba2

This method works great ...edited by DoobieDuck..... Question: How the heck do I get rid of my root ball and stems? I live in a condo, so making compost is not an option.

Go Team Venture!

Last edited:

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Take them to an apartment dumpster your sure doesn't have a camera on it....or bury it or throw it out in the woods some where. Just be carefull!

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
This method works great and I did not have to buy a bunch of gizmos to cram into my jars. Question: How the hell do I get rid of my root ball and stems? I live in a condo, so making compost is not an option.

Go Team Venture!

What I used to do was to throw them into a large garbage bag. If you have a cat, dump a bunch of (used) cat litter in there just to discourage people from wanting to open it up.

Then I would put that garbage bag in my trunk and drive very carefully to an apartment complex that was several miles from my home and dump it in one of their dumpsters.

This method works great and I did not have to buy a bunch of gizmos to cram into my jars. Question: How the hell do I get rid of my root ball and stems? I live in a condo, so making compost is not an option.

Go Team Venture!

I don't like to toss stuff out in the trash, so I dry it out and burn it (late night) in my fireplace.

D

DKMillo

You heard it before but great guide you made here, im going to use this exact method after harvesting the next crop. Thx alot Rumpleforeskin

#DKMillo

Thats sounds perfect. I use that for my storage as well. No need for a humidor or a fancy contraption for weed storage, just as long as it is cool, dry and dark (and safe).

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Thats sounds perfect. I use that for my storage as well. No need for a humidor or a fancy contraption for weed storage, just as long as it is cool, dry and dark (and safe).

A humidor would be for keeping the herb at the proper humidity level WITHOUT being in jars. The purpose of the jar is to isolate the stuff IN the jar from the environment OUTSIDE the jar. To create a "controlled" mini-environment.

Cigar aficionados don't have humidors full of mason jars.

humidor10.jpg

Front%20Page%20Humidor.jpg

Type in "DIY Humidor" in google and you'll find pics, videos and links to building your own.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Very nice craftsmanship. It makes me want to start smoking cigars.

Anti, is that first one yours?

Nah. I don't get down with tobacco. Those are both random pics off of google to illustrate my point.

There are room sized humidors and pocket-travel humidors that will do the job.

Jars work fine, but I think using a hygrometer such as Simon suggests in his threads will get you a lot closer to "perfect" cure than simply randomly burping mason jars.

If you have enough bud that you'd be filling a closet with 30 mason jars... it might be time to start thinking about building a humidor with a digital read-out so that you can dial it in perfectly. Why spend all the time and money to grow the best herb you can and then "guess" about your curing?

I have had some phenomenal success with just jars and I have also had some spectacular failures with just jars. I can see people using a simplified method for their first harvest or two, but after that, you're either earning or saving substantial money so why not invest a little? Those hygrometers that Simon recommends are about $20 each, and you can leave them in your jar so you can tell at a glance what the RH is in that jar. Science rather than trial and error. Or you could build a humidor, keep all of your stuff out of jars (less abusive to the trichs) and know at a glance that everything is going well.

These are just my opinions. Jars have worked well for many people. (I still use them myself.) Take what you like and leave the rest.

hey i was going to ask you, i have a small plant little under 4 foot and it doesnt have a crazy amount of buds on it quite a few small ones, do you think i should have my whole plant or should i still cut it up?

So I don't want to really buy a bunch of jars and hygrometer. Can I put the bud in a rubbermaid tote and just use one hygrometer? If the rubbermaid tote is not good what is? This is my first grow and I want a nice cure.

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
So I don't want to really buy a bunch of jars and hygrometer. Can I put the bud in a rubbermaid tote and just use one hygrometer? If the rubbermaid tote is not good what is? This is my first grow and I want a nice cure.

Sure you can. Some folks prefer to use 5gal buckets, as they can be had at most DIY stores with airtight lids and are easily lined with turkey bags. Good luck.

Simon

Latest posts

Latest posts