What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Simple Harvest and Cure (Step By Step)

I can't tell you if plastic would work as well, but something in me says it would not be as clean as glass. A case of jars is only a few bucks.

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
Rumple,Thank You for the very usefull and good info.
The dutch coffee shop buds are always done 100%.
They have such a nice full bodied aroma and smell..Im interested to try several diffrent methods to try work out what works best for me..
so far i like leaving my dried bud to sit with some loose tobacco in the bottom of a small wooden box for a cpl weeks...Always remain in Harmony!!

Rumple,Thank You for the very usefull and good info.
The dutch coffee shop buds are always done 100%.
They have such a nice full bodied aroma and smell..Im interested to try several diffrent methods to try work out what works best for me..
so far i like leaving my dried bud to sit with some loose tobacco in the bottom of a small wooden box for a cpl weeks...Always remain in Harmony!!

I hope your weed does not come out tasting like Marlboro

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
I am sure both work just fine. You can find thousands of great working methods for drying/curing. My method is more for the guy who wants to dry and cure his weed with household items. No special equipment is needed.

That's not really true. There's only one way for the product to cure, but there are several ways to get there (relative to the process, itself). Using the air (ie. dry/store) methodology vs something like a water cure, as an example, we have two choices: guess or not guess. That's all it comes down to. Some prefer not to guess and to streamline their process into a predictable, consistent entity.

Procedurally, I only see one issue. Some, if not a good deal of the trichs on the outside of the flowers will likely be stripped by the shredded paper; same effect as an industrial tumbler. Otherwise, same as always.

Good to see you on a forum where folks actually grow and harvest MJ, Rumple.

Simon

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Even though I've been growing for twelve years, something helpful keeps popping up if I keep reading enough threads.

This one is bag ties. Dang, but that never occurred to me, cup hooks and alligator clips, clothespins, hooking the last branch over a rope, a whole lot of silly ways to hang.
Bag ties, I actually throw them away as they are useless on garbage bags. I am in the first stages of harvest and running out of alligator clips. I do a modified SOG and have close to 40 buds to hang, 10 to 15 grams each.
I treat threads as a martial arts seminar, take away one good thing from each and soon an arsenal is built.
Bag ties, this will save time and money, not a lot but in the last five months I have cut my workload by 30% with the same yields, all these little shortcuts add up to "hey, I'm starting to do this better" and that helps morale when the trim day goes over six hours of straight scissor work. :kitty:

Not to complain but my main trimmer went junkie on me. He may feel better but isn't motivated to trim anymore. Darn it all anyway.

mad librettist

Veteran
you can get rolls of twist-tie at home depot and such. less mess and you can cut to size.

for training I have moved on to velcro strips, as I have strangled too stems plants with forgotten about twist-ties.

Roortokeage

Great Post Rumple. Wish there was more to read hahah. Awesome Job

Now I wish I could grow a plant like you
!!
Love that srog setup you got going

nappybutbald

Nice I always used a paper bag never liked hanging my harvest up i would always split open a paper bag and use it as a drying surface

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Simon has a thread about using a hygrometer in your glass jars that's worth a read for anyone interested in this subject.

Also, a quick (and cheap) fix for light-proofing your clear mason jars:

• Buy some black construction paper at walgreens, walmart, target, local grocery store, etc.
  • Cut strips that are big enough to wrap around your jars to cover the whole jar
  • Wrap them around the jar, affixing with tape.

Make them just loose enough that you can slide them off if you want to look in the jar and put them back when you're done. That way all jars are basically in the dark no matter where you are.

Nice avatar choice, btw. Venture Bros is awesome!
the-venture-bros-season-two-20070425031656832.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts