What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Want 30% more WEIGHT on your harvest?

Disbuds4Me

Hmmm, thought that might get your attention :D

For all you growers concerned with final WEIGHT of your crop, and all you guys missing SuperBud like crazy, check out this new produce from Oz, called Brix Plus. It's all the rage with all the commercial growers, and some VERY reliable sources tell me that it's adding as much as 30% to their final weight when used properly :D

Still to test myself, but will keep ya posted ... DB

http://www.accenthydroponics.com/brix_plus_info.htm

dam right its interesting , The feeding instructions are quite different to say the least.

"Foliar Spray
Pre harvest, just prior to lights switching off. Spray the complete plant until runoff within 7 to 10 days prior to harvest date."

"Wet Cure Application
Removes chlorophyll, increases net weight, density, structure and natural aromas.
Gently agitate approx. 2000g of freshly prepared organic matter with 1 litre of BRIX-Plus formula. Saturate for between 10 - 15 min. Separate and dry cure as normal."

i dont think that using only 7-10 days prior to harvest would do much, but also saturating your buds with this stuff before you dry and cure,.........i dunno

the thought of saturating my buds in a addative doesnt go down to well,

but thats only what i think, i havent used the product so i could be wrong.

Last edited:

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
Post cut down wet cure for 15 minutes??? Sounds like this stuff has some heavy metals in it that won't be leached out in an air cure.

I would submit that water curing, in and of itself by design, adds weight because you end up with less of the things you don't want (chlorophyll, etc.) and more of the things you do want - the resin because the resin is not water soluable - thus it breaks down at a much slower rate (compared to air curing) allowing for a better overall product, though it is one with less bag appeal than an air cured product - that much is certain.

ken

soaking buds in an additive doesnt sound good at all :mad:

you sure this stuff doesnt just add shit to add weight to the buds when it dries?

sounds very bad to me :mad:

doesn't anyone use PK 13-14?

doesn't anyone use PK 13-14?

My last crop got 2 half strength dose's of Canna PK 13-14 anbout 21 days before harvest and my bud's blew up like crazy.......at least a 15-20 percent increase...........it was my first grow with both the strain and the product so i can't swear to the PK 13-14 being responsible for the sudden increase but I can say it did make my plants much healthier for the final weeks of flowering.

One eyed Jack Reckem

G

using a 0-50-30 at partial strength the last few weeks will blow your plants up just the same

G

A 30% increase in yield by spraying something on my buds, eh?

I'm sure I'll be rushing right out to buy some. I'm sure it will be very affordable.

:biglaugh: :rolleyes: :biglaugh:

Such marketing BS they throw at us pot growers. It boggles the mind.

G

Please make sure any experiments you attempt follow the scientific method.

Joemutt1978

My plants pack on weight the last couple of weeks too, they all do, and I just give them water.

Looks like a scam to me, but thanks for posting it, someone will try it, and in the end we will all know if it works or not,

Yeah, after you harvested, add this stuff, 2,000 grams of Bud? I don't think I have seen 200 grams much less 2,000 it must be for commercial.

G

I wonder if this could be the reason some commercial grower's were dipping the bud in fermaldihied, spelling, in the city. To add weight to the product as I do not see it doing any thing else other than killing the smoker of it, maybe it make's them walking zombie's or something.

All one has to do is read the make up of the additive, use a little grow knowledge, check the fact's about the plant, and you can draw the proper conclusion on any additive as to weather it is a plus or a minus to use it.

Some do not care about what the product's quality is, just what it can bring them.
There are many product's out there for these type of grower's just the same there are many more product's out there for those that want to grow for quality.

A personal choice is how I see it, my choice it to give careing love and a healthy enviroment to get higher yield's, of course good true genetic's is a needed item.

Happy Holiday's

Be safe, think safe, and do the right thing.

realhigh.

G

brix isn't the same as superbud

superbud is used in the first 2 weeks of flower and brix is used the last ten days
superbud increases phospoloids and brix increases brix levels (the level of sugars ), theyre completely different

G

If you walk into your growroom backwards and on one foot on the 37th day of flowering you will increase your yield as well..... :biglaugh:

G

only if your wearing blue though hillie and reciting the alphabet backwards