What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Too many lights, too little room (opinions needed)

MrRobbyRob

So I moved into a new house, which I have space to construct about an 8x8 grow room (veg and flower). I have accumulated a variety of lights through the years, and I will have a limit on power draw of about 20 amps (120 line). Looking for recommendations on sizes of veg and flower room, as well as which lights to use where.
Currently I have 2x315w LEC, 1- 6 bulb quantum badboy T5, I have a Lumigrow 650, and an Area 51 unit, (150 watts, white and red, can't remember the model) I also have a few others I don't use much, I have an old CMH with a mag ballast, as well as a 400 HPS unit and a 8-bulb Sunblaze VHO T5. The latter units probably will not see action.
Anyone have opinions on what should be veg light/flower light? What would you do for veg space/flower space? I do like to veg my plants a bit, no SOG for me... Opinions appreciated!

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
I have good luck with HO T5 light for the first 3 weeks and then switch to 400watt retro CMH.

The 400 really boosts any runt seedlings.

Latest posts

Latest posts