What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High CBD strain Lists and Descriptions

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
what were the characteristics of the high when you smoked the thc-v variety sam?

THCV is like CBD it does not get you high. I did not like it at all, neither did RCC whom smoked it with me. I found it maybe was most like CBD in that THCV like CBD can block the effects of THC or at the least delay onset, reduce peak experiences, and make the effects last longer but greatly reduced. We also tried pure THCV alone and with pure THC, I do not like THCV, alone it has zero effect to get you high, and I do not like what it does to THC.
-SamS

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
my thunderstruck (acdc s1) is a delicious smoke and makes a sublime rosin.

full flavored tastes like anise and rosewater plus it lingers on the palate.

What is the Cannabinoid ratios and %'s? Does it get you high or just taste sublime? Cannabis with no THC can taste sublime...
-SamS

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
we got our first run with her tested for cannabinoid profile but we may go back to do a terpene profile if the interest is there.

i definitely feel effected when i smoke it. it is different. reminds me of certain nld varities i've smoked, in that it is bright and uplifting, but at the same time it is very warm and friendly with none of the sharp hard cold racy edge that can exist in some sativas.

also from an external perspective i look "normal" vs a lot of the long flowering high thc varieties i enjoy smoking all day that give me red eyes or a dopey grin or cotton mouth.

i do find that i personally need more thc than this provides my ECS alone. i like it best if i mix it with a high thc variety like chem or sssdh.

i'm still trying to fully grasp the science behind how cannabinoids interact with the receptors in our bodies. i've read that CBD is an antagonist to THC in that situation. however when i ingest it it doesn't feel as tho one is simply canceling out the other. i believe a more complex interaction must be occurring.

we finished up birm's cut of thunderstruck and had her tested.

wonderful medicine.

hats off to sin city seeds for the beans and @birmusmaximus for the selection.

11357736_1454662454859839_1643057750_n.jpg

View Image

View Image

View Image

A good start would be a list of varieties (with known terpene profiles) that help with specific indications better then other varieties with different terpenes.
-SamS

FYP.

From 40 years of experience we already know which strains work better.
We just never knew their profiles before, but obviously we do now.
Why wait another 40 years to find out what we already know.

Cannabinoïd profiles don't tell us the medicinal value and terpene profiles do.

Which doesn't mean cannabinoïd profiles aren't important as well, it's all about the right balance between everything.
That is the problem with many high THC and CBD strains, that balance is completely gone and with it most of the medicinal value.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
FYP.

From 40 years of experience we already know which strains work better.
We just never knew their profiles before, but obviously we do now.
Why wait another 40 years to find out what we already know.

Cannabinoïd profiles don't tell us the medicinal value and terpene profiles do.

Which doesn't mean cannabinoïd profiles aren't important as well, it's all about the right balance between everything.
That is the problem with many high THC and CBD strains, that balance is completely gone and with it most of the medicinal value.

Well I will disagree that high THC always means low terpenes, it is not true. The best are varieties that have lots of THC or whatever Cannabinoids you are after and lots of the right terpenes to achieve the effects you want. Without THC you do not get high which is my focus, I understand medical users have different priorities but I also have mine, and many more people just use Cannabis recreationally.
-SamS

Well I will disagree that high THC always means low terpenes, it is not true.

Indeed that is not true at all.
Because you quote my post people will now think I said that.

What I did say before is cannabinoïds and terpenes have the same precursor, so relatively more cannabinoïds mean less terpenes.
If breeders use THCAS or CBDAS that goes at the expense of terpenes, because there are only so many precursors available.

I have been using terpene synthases with huge success also according to the most experienced users there are.
It would be great if I could share these experiences and conduct many more experiments.
My health hasn't entirely failed yet so why don't you get me in touch with a breeder who can make that happen and I'll continue the work in your honor :tiphat:

pinkus

Veteran
my thunderstruck (acdc s1) is a delicious smoke and makes a sublime rosin.

full flavored tastes like anise and rosewater plus it lingers on the palate.

What are the effects? The verified CBD strain I had in quantity (CBD Shark) made me feel....blehhhhh! Just, not good :/

Dognponyshow

Do you agree or disagree that in order to achieve the MAXIMUM effect and benefit/wellness from cannabis the human should eat the decarbed meds?

Well I will disagree that high THC always means low terpenes, it is not true. The best are varieties that have lots of THC or whatever Cannabinoids you are after and lots of the right terpenes to achieve the effects you want. Without THC you do not get high which is my focus, I understand medical users have different priorities but I also have mine, and many more people just use Cannabis recreationally.
-SamS

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I prefer smoking so I do not need it decarbed, I also only like THC/terpenes so if decarbing reduces the terpene content, I would not prefer it. If you are going to eat it I suspect the effects you want are improved by decarbing, but I can't say as I have zero idea what you use what for. Some people say they get benefit from eating raw juiced Cannabis that is not decarbed, maybe you do?
-SamS

Do you agree or disagree that in order to achieve the MAXIMUM effect and benefit/wellness from cannabis the human should eat the decarbed meds?

jefe noche

I prefer smoking so I do not need it decarbed, I also only like THC/terpenes so if decarbing reduces the terpene content, I would not prefer it. If you are going to eat it I suspect the effects you want are improved by decarbing, but I can't say as I have zero idea what you use what for. Some people say they get benefit from eating raw juiced Cannabis that is not decarbed, maybe you do?
-SamS

Hello fellow Cannabis family...

I have been making massively anti-inflamitory edibles from my 20:1 AC/DC for a few years now. By decarbing the AC/DC it allows me to infuse my solvent in a much less time. Solvent of choice here is Tillamook Organic Salted Butter. This allows thirty minutes to strip the canabinoids into the butter without all the waxes and other plant fats. Makes for awesome clairified butter over a thick green heavy butter. I will agree that decarbing loses a ton of terpenes..... but I can go from small flowers to caramel ready to eat in 2 1/2 hours.!

mandyb

Hi I'm Mandy I live n Ireland my ten year old pittbull got cancer last year I had lump removed few months bk I found another she had biopsy n it's same cancer as last lump.she 24 kilos still hyper n eating her food I got cbd oil from Charlotte web is there anything u can recommend she such a healthy dog n very strong I just need to find the best oil out there to help her.. she don't seem to b n pain just a lump there . Please can u help me . Mandy

mandyb

help with cbd oil for my dog

help with cbd oil for my dog

Hi I'm Mandy I live n Ireland my ten year old pittbull got cancer last year I had lump removed few months bk I found another she had biopsy n it's same cancer as last lump.she 24 kilos still hyper n eating her food I got cbd oil from Charlotte web is there anything u can recommend she such a healthy dog n very strong I just need to find the best oil out there to help her.. she don't seem to b n pain just a lump there . Please can u help me . Mandy

Looks like Chimera is working with a super High CBD-Low THC seed strain...
maybe he will make seeds available???$$???

You should suck on this 25 lb batch of sun-grown (not basement grown) myrcene dominant 25% CBD line, 37:1 ratio CBD:THC, truebreeding and no more than 1% variation in CBD content, 3-3.5% terps by weight - it might help your delusional psychosis. What you got homie? Nothing...... lets be honest here.

picture.php

Mednugs

For those that are looking for high CBD low THC seeds check out Tesla from Alphakronic 18:3 to1 reported. The dank team has it in stock.

Hi Mednugs,

I updated the list with AG's Tesla.

The marketing does say that the seeds are 11-18% cbd and <3% thc. But remember that this is a hybrid and the one of the parents (gobstopper) is not a cbd strain, so it is unrealistic to expect these numbers without pheno hunting/testing.

-pH