What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

cbd crew for panic, anxiety, psychosis

I think I've had something similar, in the form of sugar-cookies sold by Marc Boyer, one of the cannabis activists in BC.

He has an extraction method for the leaves that removes everything. Maybe it's the solvent.

Anyway, the net effect is super physically relaxing. I was smoking cigs at the time but for the 12 hours after I ate a part of the cookie, I had zero craving for the cigs. Totally relaxed.

I always wondered if the physical relaxing high I was experiencing was related to CBD.

I really need to experiment with edibles. It's just the possibility of wasting precious material that has preventing me from going into it. From what I've read, edibles/tinctures/oils tend to be better, on the whole, for both medicinal benefits and for relaxation and sleep. I'm given to understand it is because of a combination of factors, including processing, concentration, route of administration, etc. I'm sure CBD plays a role as well, but I'm unfortunately not fully cognizant of how the process affects the cannabinoids.

Sunden

cbd bulletproof by Bluebird botanicals looks like a good one, they use a supercritical co2 extraction they use a sativa from an industrial hemp it's about $300 a bottle but contains about a gram of cbd in a hemp seed carrier oil. What is it in the Cannabinoid or terpene profile of a sativa that gives it the different effect?

Sunden

cbd bulletproof by Bluebird botanicals looks like a good one, they use a supercritical co2 extraction and a sativa from an industrial hemp it's about $300 a bottle but contains about a gram of cbd in a hemp seed carrier oil. What is it in the Cannabinoid or terpene profile of a sativa that gives it the different effect?
:ying:

draconis

Where do you find info on Cbd crew? They sound like they have somethings I might be interested in but cant seem to find them anywhere.

draconis

Thanks ru5ty. Tried that but didn't show up. Might be something with my phone so I'll try it again when I can get to the ol puter

Runt

I make a concentrated tincture that is helping me with both anxiety and pain, it´s made from a heavy indica hybrid and concentrated through boiling off excess ethanol. Works well enough, not a miracle cure. I´ll be growing some cbd strains soon (first time) and am curious how the tincture will turn out then.

nabzter

so it is actually very mild, functional high? so I can still learn my study and drive?

Different strains have different effects if you don't already smoke there is a risk smoking anything will cause you an attack as the high will be a shock to your system, an unfamiliar feeling triggering panic. it is true all strains affect people differently I generally find sativas trigger anxiety in me were as inicas provide me with that relaxed feeling.

The best solution for anxiety is to keep yourself busy. Play sports and go to the gym or something that builds up confidence.

Face your fears and you will realise they aren't so bad !!!

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

I suffer GAD and PTSD and have panic attacks. Gave up alcohol 20 years ago coz that would help temporary but then I would feel worse. I noticed cannabis of high THC could settle my emotions and thoughts and in turn help my symptoms like nothing else can. Tried many things in the name of self medication but now it's mainly strong sati as for me with a good indica for sleep and no nightmares etc. tried CBD but with only a little relief. It still has its place and may work for you so don't discount it. Good luck panic disorder is debilitating.

mtntrogger

Veteran
*My name is Bervely, I’m 42 years old, and I would like to share my amazing story with you.

On January 18, 2014, after a severe headache prompted a CAT scan, a 3cm tumor was discovered in the left frontal lobe of my brain. I was 38 years old. My two daughters were ages 15 and 12. Immediate brain surgery was recommended by my surgeon. However, after further discussion, due to slow growth and no adjacent edema, he felt it would not be negligent to postpone surgery and monitor the tumor every 3 months with an MRI. The tumor remained stable for a little over three years then suddenly grew 25%. My husband did some research and later got me a MMJ card.

The card was for cancer treatment but, amazingly, the High CBD Cannabis Oil we ordered from (Contact: info.cannabismedsdelivery at gmail dot com) OR Skype: (medical.cannabis) has helped me with my fibromyalgia pain, joint pain, and chronic headaches. I had this pain for many years and it was getting worse. I literally have no pain now. My blood pressure had been creeping up over the years and was consistently pre-hypertensive, now it’s consistently on the low side of normal. I have not taken any other medication except the cannabis oil, supplements, and good clean healthy food over the last 8 months. I have done more research and Cannabis Oil treats many medical conditions including Severe Pains, Seizures, Depression, Insomnia, Epilepsy, Heart Diseases and many more.. So don't hesitate to seek help if you're suffering with any of this conditions. GOD BLESS

Hello, Beverly and thanks for sharing your experience with us. I hope to see more posts from you . all the best !

Results of CBD Patient Survey

Results of CBD Patient Survey

i posted this in the other thread, but thought it was appropriate here too...

this is from project CBD:

Key Findings

1. Medical marijuana patients are using CBD-rich cannabis for a wide variety of conditions, including serious and incurable diseases, and conditions that may respond poorly to FDA-approved pharmaceuticals. Over 12% are using it to address the side effects of cancer treatment.

2. Patients with psychiatric illnesses, mood disorders, neurological diseases and CNS injuries favor CBD-dominant cannabis medicines. Patients with pain and inflammation favor CBD-rich cannabis medicines with more equal levels of CBD and THC.

3. THC matters. Patients using the 4:1 CBD-to-THC were the most likely to report a reduction in pain or discomfort, and improvements in mood and energy. Patients using the 2:1 CBD-to-THC ratio reported the greatest improvement in overall wellbeing. This finding is consistent with scientific research indicating that CBD and THC interact synergistically to enhance one another’s therapeutic effect.

4. CBD-rich cannabis appears to be remarkably good at ameliorating pain (particularly in patients with fibromyalgia, headaches and migraines), and at improving patients’ sense of wellbeing, particularly for patients with PTSD.

5. Given that people using CBD-rich cannabis for “general wellbeing” are the only group who reported a decreased feeling of wellbeing and the most likely to report a worsening mood, it's possible that CBD products may not be appropriate as a supplement for people who are otherwise healthy.

https://www.projectcbd.org/article/...sfeed+(9-24-2015)_2015-09-26&utm_medium=email

https://www.cbd.org/sites/cbd/files/downloads/cbdpatientsurvey_september2015_carebydesign.pdf

That research is deliberately flawed, I could shoot so many holes in it I don't know where to start.

The most important one is these "patients" are not talking from actual experience between strains but base their opinion on what they read on the internet.
To prevent cognitive dissonance they say they like their pick best and defend it, that's basic consumer behaviour.

If they really wanted to know what works best they should come to Alkmaar Netherlands where medical users
(not patients or cashcows as pharmaceutical companies like to call them)
have 4 decades of experience with literally hundreds of strains and types of hasj.

But then the outcome would be completely different so they rather ask inexperienced users brainwashed by the Charlotte doctrine.

They have an army of trolls especially in the “patients” forums to spread their lies and make sure you never get the information we have (they systematically derail and burry it).

CBD Crew is certainly good for anxiety.
They are the opposite of King Midas, everything they touch gets worse (according to real live tests).

Thanks to these pharmaceutical companies we got a new "growshoplaw" here and nobody even dares to grow medicinal cannabis anymore.
What is good for the pharmaceutical mafia is very bad for my 78 year old mom.

“Patented marijuana strains and medicines threaten the re-legalization movement, curb information sharing, set up a monopoly for certain breeders and medicine producers and limit users to a more expensive and inferior product.
Their economic value to the pharmaceutical houses which produce them will be directly proportional to the severity of the prohibition against the use of cannabis.”
Dr. Grinspoon.

That research is deliberately flawed, I could shoot so many holes in it I don't know where to start.

The most important one is these "patients" are not talking from actual experience between strains but base their opinion on what they read on the internet.
To prevent cognitive dissonance they say they like their pick best and defend it, that's basic consumer behaviour.

Hi BB,

Did you read the survey? These are patients. They are talking from actual experience. They are using different ratios of thc:cbd and reporting about why they take it and what effect it has. Some have results that are good, some bad. That's all.

I appreciate your responses bubbleblower, the info about electrical stress @ mns was interesting. You keep losing me though when you say this... "The only strain that has a real 1:1 ratio 9 out of 10 times is Mango Haze.
Not the CBD version, which has no CBD "

I'd love to take your responses seriously... please explain how the regular version has cbd and the cbd version does not?

-pH

These are patients.

We prefer the term medical users and MMJ is not a disease even if the American Psychiatric Association claims otherwise.

They are talking from actual experience.

With just the one strain they are evaluating, they don't have experience between these ratio's.
Many of them weren't even aware which ratio they used.
A good research in this field looks like this:

Cannabis species and cannabinoid concentration preference among
sleep-disturbed medicinal cannabis users

"It is important to note that the study merely examined the people's preferences, but it did not compare the objective effectiveness of the different types of marijuana for sleep-related problems."

You keep losing me though when you say this... "The only strain that has a real 1:1 ratio 9 out of 10 times is Mango Haze.
Not the CBD version, which has no CBD "

Because you can't imagine it's true, just look it up on 360 Analytical.
While the crew is trialling and erroring MNS had stable CBD strains all along.

The only reason the CBD wave started in Spain is because they had free tests at Spannabis.
Hash sold in Dutch coffeeshops has always had 7% CBD on average so high CBD has never been anything special (in Europe).
Get a hash strain and you'll get a high percentage CBD pheno's especially if you "enrich" them with CBDAS.

please explain how the regular version has cbd and the cbd version does not?

The crew should answer that, but I am tempted to say Mendel isn't the only one who gets overruled by Lewis.

The crew should answer that, but I am tempted to say Mendel isn't the only one who gets overruled by Lewis.
I don't think it's Lewis, I think it's wrong information. I think you are jumping to conclusions based on the omission of "cbd" from the sample's name.

http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/215894-post66.html
All of the mango haze you listed with cbd is coming from zen living cooperative... http://analytical360.com/access-points/listing/zen-living-cooperative

I would bet you a million pesos that it is mango haze cbd not regular mango haze. their shark shock has cbd, does that make it regular shark shock?

The one "outlier" is from a different care center and obviously regular mango haze. http://analytical360.com/m/archived/256572

I enjoy reading your posts but i think you may be passing on incorrect information to sick people and "medical users".

-pH

If Zen Livings information on 360 analytical is wrong please don't blame me for that.
I find it hard to believe they would make the same mistake 6 times, especially since they also have CBD Girl Scout Cookies on their menu.
The CBD Mango Haze with no CBD came from Green Orchard by the way. I still think that was Lewis :biggrin:

I am basing my information on 40 years of daily experience which I share with many medical users here.
Of course we tried everything on the menu and still do, we have no reason to fool ourselves or others.
Strains low in terpenes have very little medicinal value.

These were the ones highest in CBD a little while ago and most recently:

ACDC2
< 0.01% Linalool
< 0.01% Caryophyllene oxide
0.59% Myrcene
< 0.01% beta-Pinene
< 0.01% Limonene
< 0.01% Terpinolene
0.08% alpha-Pinene
< 0.01% Humulene
0.28% Caryophyllene
0.95% TERPENE-TOTAL

Sour Tsunami
< 0.01% Linalool
0.37% Myrcene
< 0.01% beta-Pinene
< 0.01% Limonene
0.30% Terpinolene
0.03% alpha-Pinene
0.35% Humulene
0.33% Caryophyllene
1.38% TERPENE-TOTAL

From MNS or CBD Crew;

Critical Mass 2 (regular according to the testrecords)
< 0.01% Linalool
0.27% Myrcene
< 0.01% beta-Pinene
< 0.01% Limonene
< 0.01% Terpinolene
0.08% alpha-Pinene
0.29% Humulene
0.18% Caryophyllene
0.82% TERPENE-TOTAL

Remedy
< 0.01% Linalool
0.20% Myrcene
< 0.01% beta-Pinene
< 0.01% Limonene
< 0.01% Terpinolene
< 0.01% alpha-Pinene
< 0.01% Humulene
< 0.01% Caryophyllene
0.20% TERPENE-TOTAL

Most recent:

CW
< 0.01% Linalool
0.67% Myrcene
< 0.01% beta-Pinene
< 0.01% Limonene
0.09% Terpinolene
0.08% alpha-Pinene
0.17% Humulene
0.26% Caryophyllene
1.27% TERPENE-TOTAL

AC/DC
0.198% Alpha Pinene
0.118% Beta Pinene
0.107% Myrcene
0.542% Limonene
0.006% Ocimene
0.149% Terpinolene
0.042% Linalool
0.459% Caryophyllene
0.004% Humulene
1.625% TERPENE-TOTAL

Tsunami Roku
< 0.01% Linalool
0.59% Myrcene
< 0.01% beta-Pinene
< 0.01% Limonene
< 0.01% Terpinolene
0.32% alpha-Pinene
0.32% Humulene
0.34% Caryophyllene
1.57% TERPENE-TOTAL

Sinarius
< 0.01% Linalool
< 0.01% Myrcene
< 0.01% beta-Pinene
< 0.01% Limonene
0.40% Terpinolene
< 0.01% alpha-Pinene
< 0.01% Humulene
< 0.01% Caryophyllene
0.40% TERPENE-TOTAL

From CBD Crew

Remedy
< 0.01% Linalool
0.35% Myrcene
< 0.01% beta-Pinene
< 0.01% Limonene
0.15% Terpinolene
0.20% alpha-Pinene
< 0.01% Humulene
0.23% Caryophyllene
0.93% TERPENE-TOTAL

Remedy again
< 0.01% Linalool
0.19% Myrcene
< 0.01% beta-Pinene
< 0.01% Limonene
< 0.01% Terpinolene
< 0.01% alpha-Pinene
< 0.01% Humulene
< 0.01% Caryophyllene
0.19% TERPENE-TOTAL

Etcetera, all of them very poor and usually high in myrcene (which Shanti warned us for).
The mango haze from Zen Living is usually rich in terpenes and linalool dominant, it's fingerprint is significantly different:

3.79% Linalool
0.19% Caryophyllene oxide
1.57% Myrcene
< 0.01% beta-Pinene
< 0.01% Limonene
< 0.01% Terpinolene
0.88% alpha-Pinene
0.17% Humulene
0.21% Caryophyllene
6.81% TERPENE-TOTAL

I am not bashing CBD strains, just the ones that are complete crap.
My personal favorite is this one with an appropriate name (not remedy):

0.62% CBG-A
0.10% CBG
0.72% CBG-TOTAL
4.69% ∆9-THC-A
0.34% ∆9-THC
< 0.01% ∆8-THC
< 0.01% CBN
5.03% THC-TOTAL
10.72% CBD-A
0.30% CBD
11.02% CBD-TOTAL
0.07% CBC
0.81% ACTIVATED-TOTAL

1.37% Linalool
0.09% Caryophyllene oxide
0.72% Myrcene
< 0.01% beta-Pinene
2.46% Limonene
0.22% Terpinolene
0.84% alpha-Pinene
0.45% Humulene
0.40% Caryophyllene
6.55% TERPENE-TOTAL

Shit fire. How long can this CBD confusion persist? I have been planning on growing it since that BBC documentary titled "Should I Smoke Dope?" many years ago. I think I will order CBD oil from a reputable source and take it an hour or so before smoking regular cannabis. I want to delay the onset of the high and lessen panicky feelings. Would the oil from the Charlotte's Web folks be as good as any? What dose would be good for these purposes?

Latest posts

Latest posts