What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Treating Cancer with Cannabis - patient is 7 year old Boxer Dog

G

Guest 26753

What cannabis oil are you using? I've never had a dog or person 'vomit' from ingesting large amounts of cannabis oil. EVER. The size of my dog and their inability to process cannabis would put the size resin ball they ate at almost a racquet ball sized ball of resin for a person. No issues whatsoever and that's decarbed resin and ash.

Contaminated bud? Yeah, the dog puked in 10 minutes, after eating a joints worth of some bud I suspect had been sprayed with something. Crap gave me a headache after 2 hits and made me feel funny. Never clean cannabis or cannabis oil though.

So, no... I'd have to say "sick" is not appropriate in any way.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Many many people who are novices and have too much cannabis in one go can get sick. Literally sick - they get head spins, go grey and puke. In Australia we call it "greening out". It is the same kind of sick you get when you drink too much alcohol, especially if you are a novice. It is simply too profound. Because it is too profound the body literally ejects what it thinks is causing the problem.
I use 100% pure cannabis oil made from organic buds grown under the Australian sun. The solvent used in the extraction is perfume grade ethanol that I am able to access from the refinery. I recently sent some oil to an Aussie patient with leukemia - the oil was extracted from Nevil's Haze buds. Her regular dose on indica based oil was 1/2gm twice daily. When she got my oil, her first dose was 1/2gm and it was far too profound for her and she got sick, and puked it up. We split the dosing into 4 X 1/4gm doses daily and she was rocking and rolling immediately with NO PROBLEM. He very words to me were that she got sick because it was too strong initially.
I stand by the Vet using the term "sick". I think you are being naive to think that people and critters do not react well to heroic dosing.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Interesting indeed.

To date, I've only seen that when people are smoking oil. Good to know. lol

Guyute54

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Would hemp work to make this oil? In one of the video's I watched that's all they talked about using was hemp. There's tons of wild hemp that grows around here. I would imagine it would take away the side effects of getting sick?

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
Interesting indeed.

To date, I've only seen that when people are smoking oil. Good to know. lol

I had the same thing happen to me when I was a teenager and thought it would be smart to consume 5 grams of hash in my coffee.

Sick is the only way to describe it.

Also thought I was going to die. And then finally slept for about 16 hours.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I had the same thing happen to me when I was a teenager and thought it would be smart to consume 5 grams of hash in my coffee.

Sick is the only way to describe it.

Also thought I was going to die. And then finally slept for about 16 hours.

LOL... I still need to experience this one day. Just to know what it's like, in comparison to everything else I've experienced. :) Not saying I'm gonna like it, just saying it'll make me a more rounded individual on the subject. (Ok... so I'm not interested in trying this with a gunshot. LOL)

Thanks!

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In todays' daily mail:

Dogs should be given medical marijuana too says one veterinarian who ‘dosed’ his own pooch

Some pet owners legally give their dogs antidepressants and anti-anxiety medication.

Now that several states, including Colorado and Washington, have legalized marijuana use, one veterinarian says that dogs dealing with chronic pain and other debilitating conditions should be allowed to benefit from the medicinal effects of cannabis.

That doesn’t mean dog owners should blow pot smoke in their beloved pets’ faces, Dr. Doug Kramer said in an interview with Vice Magazine.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-marijuana-says-veterinarian-dosed-pooch.html

article-2305207-1924DB0D000005DC-227_634x432.jpg

article-2305207-1924DF93000005DC-305_634x907.jpg

blastfrompast

Veteran
I have a 8yr old German Shepherd whose back end is starting to give her issues...

If her hind legs are giving her issues due to too much exercise, I usually let her have a few hits off the vap....Using a bag I can just blow it in her nose. She will practically jump in my lap when the vap comes out now...

She acts like a puppy for a little bit then settles down for a good weed nap...turns a 3 day recovery into 2...

itisme

Veteran
Well to those that don't think you can make a dog sick on it......YOU CAN and I DID! I felt terrible too. It does help with pain for them.

sbromley

We have a boxer mix that has cancer in the mammary glands. We have been giving her the capsules, but they don't have THC . I am hoping this will help.
any thoughts?

cutant

As a pharmacist I am not aware of any effect of THC on the rapidly dividing cancer cells. But I see a great opportunity for use as an anti-emetic and antidepressant - 2 serious issues in cancer treatment.

ZZTops

Veteran
My 8 year old Beagle gets an up-set stomach and chews grass like crazy and then pukes it up...yek...! So the next time she was up-set I gave her 5 medium size fan leafs off a Veging Mother Plant, it did the trick for her and with out puking..."-)

My other dog cares less about the fresh leafs...

I also give them fresh cut carrots kept in the frig in a glass of cold water, these go over very well on a hot dry day...

G

Guest 26753

As a pharmacist I am not aware of any effect of THC on the rapidly dividing cancer cells. But I see a great opportunity for use as an anti-emetic and antidepressant - 2 serious issues in cancer treatment.
As a pharmacist I am gob smacked that you see THC as only being effective an anti-emetic and antidepressant.
There is a wealth of peer reviewed science that supports THC killing cancer.
Through many detailed experiments, handily summarised in this recent article in the journal Nature Reviews Cancer, scientists have discovered that various cannabinoids (both natural and synthetic) have a wide range of effects in the lab, including:

Triggering cell death, through a mechanism called apoptosis
Stopping cells from dividing
Preventing new blood vessels from growing into tumours
Reducing the chances of cancer cells spreading through the body, by stopping cells from moving or invading neighbouring tissue
Speeding up the cell’s internal ‘waste disposal machine’ – a process known as autophagy – which can lead to cell death

See here - http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk...ids-and-cancer-the-evidence-so-far/#can-treat

blastfrompast

Veteran
Well my German Shepherd has graduated from the Vap to the Bong in the Gazebo...

She has mebbe 1 yr left, so my wife says make her comfortable....

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
As a pharmacist I am gob smacked that you see THC as only being effective an anti-emetic and antidepressant.
There is a wealth of peer reviewed science that supports THC killing cancer.
Through many detailed experiments, handily summarised in this recent article in the journal Nature Reviews Cancer, scientists have discovered that various cannabinoids (both natural and synthetic) have a wide range of effects in the lab, including:

Triggering cell death, through a mechanism called apoptosis
Stopping cells from dividing
Preventing new blood vessels from growing into tumours
Reducing the chances of cancer cells spreading through the body, by stopping cells from moving or invading neighbouring tissue
Speeding up the cell’s internal ‘waste disposal machine’ – a process known as autophagy – which can lead to cell death

See here - http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk...ids-and-cancer-the-evidence-so-far/#can-treat

thanks for the article :thank you:

nolahepper

This is great - I have a 12 year old cat diagnosed with Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma - he had a biopsy 3 weeks ago and the tumor under his tongue is already growing back.

I have used Low Dose Naltrexone for 4 year for my own Hep C with great results - I am also giving it to my cat with limited effects. He is also getting a lot or holistic care.

I had read on another forum that someone had great success with the oil on his own cat the same condtion. I would like to try this on Magoo - I have seen the videos, etc., on how to make the oil - however, I don't really have the resources at hand - I could probably obtain them, but am afraid of screwing things up.

Is there anyway to do this an easier way? I live in New Orleans, La USA, not the most progressive place for this.

Thanks!

Nola Chris

GizBoo

My 5 pound pomeranian who is 11 was just diagnosed with a brain tumor. We were given prednisone and sent home. I have been reading a lot of conflicting information about using cannabis to treat him. I was wondering if anyone has had positive results treating a smaller dog with cannabis oil for a brain tumor. He is healthy besides the tumor and am desperate to help him. We have "Kind Caps" 15 mg (CBD Enriched Mini Caps)- 2.05 mg THC / 5.65 mg CBD /0.25 mg CBDA / 0.15 THCA. We also have "Pure Vegetable Glycerin Tincture" which says its CBD. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

bigdaddyc9

I have been treating a 20lb Jack Russell with cannabutter for some skin cancer and lymphoma.I was grinding 1/8th iof med quality cannabis and adding it to a stick of butter and decarbing it at 190 degrees.My Dad has come down with kidney cancer and this thursday I made RSO for the 1st time using 620$ worth of primo and using Everclear as extract.I gave my Jack a small drop of oil.I came home 3 hours later to a very stoned and almost incapacitated dog.I was never so upset.I didn't want to blow her away as that was not my intention.I am now only giving her the butter as the oil is way to strong even at miniscule amounts.She had chinese eyes and could barely lift her head to look through half open eyes.I knew she was stoned as soon as I saw h ere.Never again unless I can dial in a small enough dose but right now want her to recover 100% which really she did already.One more proff that OD from cannabis is harmless.

crash666

Hello all!
I know I'm a little late posting here, but I figured it's worth a try. I have an 8 year old German Shepherd that was recently diagnosed with oral squamous cell carcinoma. I have no children and he means the world to me. It's progressing quickly and his vet and oncologist think radiation and/or chemo is not a viable option at this point. I've been a believer in cannabis oil for several years now. I spoke with our vet today and he said to go ahead and treat our German Shepherd with the oil if we thought it would help. He warned of giving too high a dose but said at this point there's nothing to lose with trying it. He aslo said that even if it wasn't effective at treating the tumors, it should at least help with his comfort level and some of the other symptoms like appetite, etc... He mentioned that as it's against federal law, he couldn't recommend it to me, but that I was responsible for my dog's health and if that's what I wanted to try I should go for it. He was also curious to see the results over the next few months. I then checked PETA's postition on dog medical cannabis. PETA says they have no problem with alternitive medicines that are helping the animals well being, including cannabis. All this being said, I'm looking for any advice or suggestions from anyone who's treated a dog or cat for cancer with cannabis oil. I'm planning on starting with 1/16 gram of oil twice daily with his food as I don't want him extremely high. From what I can gather this is a safe starting dose for a 75 lb dog. I was also going to rub a small amount of oil on the tumors in his mouth daily. I've read through this thread and there's some great info here. Anything else anyone could add on the subject would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read this and have a good day!

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
That's a good vet!
Open minds are a rarity in the medical profession.

Because of a dog's higher body temperature and the wet surfaces, topical application may be quite a task.

Hmmm, perhaps you could melt a small dab of peanut butter, swirl in the oil, and pop it in the fridge.
That seems to stay on the gums for a while, and the dogs love it.

No worry 'bout O.D..
My small dog, (7 pounds), found my butter soaked buds in the trash and became a dog skin rug for about 20 hours.
Went completely limp. you could pour her like water.
Was really "rocky" when she woke up and for the next 48 hours.

Looked at everything like she'd never seen it before and walked all wobbly like a weeble. :D

Recovered totally of course, but, she is now a very picky eater.

Won't even take a biscuit unless daddy says it OK.

Starting with a 16th sounds about right.
But cancer remission does require heavy dosage, so you may want to increase it gradually as tolerance builds to a quarter gram b. i. d.

Please keep us posted.
And documenting the cure will help enormously with getting Cannabis accepted by the medical profession.

Aloha, from one dog lover to another

Weezard

crash666

Weezard, thank you for the quick and informative reply! I was planning on documenting and photographing the entire process until he's no longer with us. I was thinking if I started with a 16th gram, I could work up to a slightly higher dosage every week until I find the "sweet spot" so to speak. I really like your peanut butter idea and may give that a try also for the oral treatments. I have a whole arsenal of glycerine tinctures, extracts, butters and oils that I use personally, so I may test out some of those options as well.

About our vet, he's a very knowledgable older gentleman who's treated dogs, cats and horses for 40+ years. I've seen a few over the years and he's my favorite by a long shot. He's very well educated and genuinely cares for the animals he's helping. He saved my dog's life once already when his stomach flipped last summer. I'm very glad he's open minded about treating my dog with cannabis. I'm going to get started shortly and will try to pop in to this thread for an update periodically. Thanks again for the advice and stay happy and healthy!