What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

500+ out: High Desert guerilla growing Vol.2

Fast_Pine

Hello everyone...

Another year is well underway. I learned quite a bit from last year, and have changed things considerably..For all of you who followed last years grow, its great to have you back, and I can promise that this year will be alot of fun. Anyone who missed last years grow journal, I would advise giving it a quick read,,,it will give you a better understanding of what's been going on. Click the link in my signature for Vol.1...

Fall 2007.....

This year I put out roughly 700 seedlings, and 130 clones...I plan (if things go well) to loose close to half of the seedlings before sexing (weather, animals, insects,etc....)..Then the males, then calculate some more losses after that, an by mid Sept I will be happy with 100 out of the 700 to be standing.........The bulk of the seedlings are at two high altitude, alpine style plots(8000ft)... One getting watered by rain, the other, a diverted spring with soaker hose(details on that plot later)...

The clones are located much lower (6300ft). They comprise most of this years "High Matenance plot"..Rounds have been going out to that one since May, 20. With the bulk out by June 5...Mother plants, stragglers, and extra stock went out in waves up until last night..This years high matenance plot is quite a bit better than last years for many reasons.. It's at lower elevation, which allows me to run 2-4 weeks longer than last years plot's, it is getting heavily hand watered with the gas powered water pump from a fresh spring every four days, and it's a bit closer to home which saves me on gas. This plot is watered late at night(security reasons), I start around 11PM after a 2 hour drive to the mountain, work as quickly as possible, and get packed up round 2AM...Im using 5gal nursery pots with the bottoms cut out...Sunk em 6-8'' into the topsoil, back fill to ground level. It allows me to water heavy an deep with no runoff.. The pots act like a berm around the planting hole....It's working great in this dry, dusty environment. Been using a mix of chems and organ.....Fox Farms Grow Big in the hose end feeder, and a top derss of kelp meal and worm castings....I also added some Soil moist micoryzal water holding polymers at transplant(for the large ones)...I will start feeding completly organic at all plots during bloom, and do my best to flush early.

The strains have gotten out of hand...( still doing alot of testing to find the perfect strain's for my area). Had to really keep on it to keep stuff labeled..
Heres what I have outside right now:

Quick Mist-REZ
Sour Diesel IBL-REZ
Afgani# 1-Sensi seeds
Big Bud-Sensi
Guerillas Gusto-Sensi
Ruderallis Indica-Sensi
Mendocino Madness-THSeeds
SAGE-THseeds
Sensi star-Paradise seeds
Chrystal-Nirvana
Jamaican Pearl-Local cut, suposed sensi
NorthernLights x Trainwreck- Local cut
Trainwreck-local...Very likely to be from Cali.
Early durban-local
Afgani#1 x Sensi Star- Seeds, my winter seedrun for this summers stock.
Afgani#1 X NorthernLights x Trainwreck - Same as previous.
Webbed indica-Wally duck
Stuporsonic-SAG
Critical Mass-Mr Nice
BBxNL-Dr atomic(used in this years outdoor breeding project)
Legends Ultimate Indica-local
....................................................................................

Im very excited about this summer, and eagerly anticipating the fall...

Last edited:

hamstring

Veteran
Don’t usually like to use this language because it's not necessary but FUCK YEAH great to see you back in action. Man what a line up of strains. See you brought old dependable back into action. (Mendocino Madness-THSeeds).

I am interested in that Chrystal-Nirvana because you had some potent shit last year. If it pans out for you again this year I am hot on it. Was yield impressive also?

Again FP this will be a great thread because you always put a ton of work into your plots. No rippers this year bro I have my fingers crossed for ya.

Fast_Pine

Thanks a lot brotha...

Im having a hell of a time uploading all my new pictures:confused:..Never had any problems before..

Ive tried 20 times in the last two hours to upload my flicks but its not having it...Instead of asking me to label the photos after the upload, it just says "no more images found"....and wants to take me back to the main menu:confused:.....Somebody help..

Last edited:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Image upload is currently broken

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the season goes for you!

Last edited:

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
Whats going on man, this is some very awesome stuff. Can't wait to see it around... mmm I dunno... Late august :D

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
hopefully no more bear problems FP?

good to see another thread up! can't wait to see where this one goes.

G

gdawg

:lurk: sweet i got in on this one early. bout to go check out your vol. 1......be back soon!

Care Free 1

Veteran
All right Fast Pine, you rock :headbange

Cant wait to see what you got going on this year. Pease keep us updated if possible.

Care Free 1

G

Good luck Fast Pine with this year guerilla.
Tell me please, how long time together you spend last year with your grow? a week? 2 weeks? more? huh a lot of work you did. But if you do it again this year, the crop was worth it...
Stay safe bro :wave:

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
20897harvest2008_066.JPG

:D :muahaha:

Wow...I'll guard that for you if you like...

G

HEy Fast show#2 hehe!!

Pic probs are freaking me out???
Seems because our boards are different most sites..
The CannaCabana.com and Bbay are the same upload funtions.
Here our uploads were the best,but with the vBulletin UPGRADES,
they got some stuff to figure out in this place......SHIZZZZZNIT?

Heard if we change with the upgrades we can loose our gallery pics???
Yeeeeeeeikes hope not.....

Well go at it mountain man hard,and make it fun ill be round here!!
GOOD LUCK.....we all need it with pics?

Latest posts

Latest posts