What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who's got the best HP?

cannabowl

Perplexing Magnum Opus
ICMag Donor
Looking for a Hashplant that lives up to it's name and doesn't let me down. Any ideas from you hash makers out there? TIA :joint: .

Canna

skar

Reeferman and Sensi's Hashplant comes to mind..i've grow the Sensi HP three years ago and it was a good experience..consistant line and some extra-powerfull and resinous plants.

For the Reeferman version..i have 'only' smoked it and in comparaison to the Sensi's HP i prefered the Reef version..the Hash taste was way more stronger and that's why i prefer this one..in therms of resin production..both versions are coated in resin with that fresh hash / spicy smell..but Reef win in the taste dept for me.

peace

bigbag

Veteran
Next Generations Gold Seal Collection has the "Lizard",which is Hashplant X Romulan maybe backcrossed to HP.this is hands down the strongest HP hybrid going.hard to stay awake after toking the lizard,great nightime smoke.good choice for medical grows.
i agree Reefermans new Supreme HP is a massive yielder and strong as hell,great choice.HP has been one of the most widely grown BC buds for over a decade,zillions of dollars have been made off it.

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
2 Big thumbs up for Sensi HP. The trim leaves off the buds are great for hash, but the buds them selves are -very- dense and hard. I think yud have a hard time extracting trics from em without destroyin them..... I had a male that had as many trics as the females! It was the best lookin male plant I've ever seen, a real breeders dream come true. I moved grow spots shortly after that and didn't have room for it. I should have made room! I've cracked a lota beans over the years, and so far that has been a once ina life time male plant. Still kickin myself over that one. Take care... BC

Tomacco

sensi's HP is an absolute classic around here, unmistakeable floral aroma, very sticky, very stinky. not the biggest yielder but has great bag appeal.

would not stop growing them if they werent so susceptible to spiderbots and mould :(

cannabowl

Perplexing Magnum Opus
ICMag Donor
Sorry guys, I forgot to mention I'd like to pick them up from SBoo. So the Supreme HP and Next Gen offering is out of the question, too bad :badday:. Many thanks for the replies, I've heard both good and bad about Sensi's HP in the past. It can't be all that bad at the price they ask for it and you folks seem pretty happy with it. I almost ordered it a few times, but could never get myself to drop the coin for it. I really want something that is reminiscent of times gone by. Looking for the best route to go.

Anyone familiar with Canna Biogen's Taskenti? This one caught my eye some time ago and just read it has been reworked a bit...Charles any info? Their Sandstorm sounds very promising also..Thank you everyone for all your help.

Canna

TheHashAssassin

are you looking for a strain that has that 'hashy' taste to it, or yields copious amounts of resin that is easily detachable; when you speak of hashplants?

cannabowl

Perplexing Magnum Opus
ICMag Donor
Thanks for stopping in guys
TheHashAssassin said:
are you looking for a strain that has that 'hashy' taste to it, or yields copious amounts of resin that is easily detachable; when you speak of hashplants?

Both would be ideal :chin:, but would take the hash taste over yield, as I want something more from the regions that would export.

Canna Biogen really sparks my interest and I have a few strains from SOL (OGxBS, Donk, and Blubonic.)
Running SBBx3, fj's freebies and Banana OG(all from seed) to see what I come up with. The SBBx3 I used to have was always a hash maker/smoker, it would be nice to find the same pheno.

Canna

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
Sensi' HP has a -very- heavy hashy-earthy taste, alot like the hash we used ta get here 20 years ago. I'm not tryin ta win ya over, but Sensi's HP sounds like what yer lookin for. Jus throwin it out there. Take care... BC

TheHashAssassin

just grow any afghani, or afghani dominant line, let them go til almost all amber trichs, then process that into your hash. the end result will give you a hash that people will keep saying tastes like the old gold seal. Keep in mind too, the reason for a more bland hashy taste in alot of the import hash from the middle east that made it to north america, would have lost alot of its turpenes and taste no where near what it originally did in its countrie of origin. When you make hash from alot of landrace variaties, I find that they are very flavourful, more then just a 'hashy' taste. just my 2 cents, if your wanting to recreate that old school hash...ramble ramble

TheHashAssassin

the sweet tooth is a very high yielder of resins. leave it til 9 weeks of bud, and you should be able to get a combined resin yield between dry sieving and oil making to turn out a between 20%-25% by weight return. oh, and the budder from the bho looks almost like crack :nono: :fsu:

Ras Pablo

Veteran
For me hashplant are pure indicas from the Kush.

IMO the best are those; Sandstorm from Cannabiogen is Purple paki x Moroccon..the paki is very dominat as I know. It's a very easy and strong plant, resist very nice the rain and warm temp. Also the taste is hashi and earthy...it's very special .

Selected male from Charlie

attachment.php

And taskenti it's a very heavy Uzbeki indica...see what this Uzbeki line can do making F'1 hybrids.

Tom Hill X-18 x Ubeki

In this thread you'll see more hybrids with this line..be careful :dueling:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=71248

Hope it Helps!!

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
hmm...

hmm...

Wouldn't hash made from pot that tasted like hash, taste like hash and not something else? I don't mean ta sound like a smartass, but it didn't get that name fer nothin. No need ta let the trics go amber ta get that flavor either, it's there with clear/milky trics.....I've grown Sweet tooth 3 & 4, I've also grown Ultimate indica. I agree they make a lot of trics ( esp ST #4 ) but imo they jus aren't that potent. Maybe if I would have found that ortega pheno in the UI I'd think different? They were kind of a let down after all the hype I seen about em... Anyway, the OP wanted ta know about HP, so I thought I'd post what lil I know. BC

cannabowl

Perplexing Magnum Opus
ICMag Donor
Ras Pablo said:
For me hashplant are pure indicas from the Kush.

Yeah, me too. I've had lots of hash, but only a few live up to the import I've had. Which is why Taskenti and Sandstorm interest me. That X-18 cross is killer. I've got dirty deeds for a special lady like that.

B.C., you run into any problems with sensi's hp? I just wish it wasn't so damn expensive. It really interests me along with the cannabiogens strains.

Hash assassin, Can you point me towards a good afghani line. Seems they are hit and miss. Which sweettooth do you refer too also(25-25% return, that's nothing to shake a stick at).

Skar, never had the LUI, but have heard a lot of rave about it and seen some of the FM pictures around here.

Keep bringing suggestions folks, I appreciate the info. Thanks much.

Canna

TheHashAssassin

any sweet tooth that is Sweet Pink Grapefruit dom will do it. the SPG is a crazy resin producer. for afghanish tasting hash I would say sensi Hashplant, jordan of the islands godbud (from dried trim not fresh), any afghani #1 should obviously make ghani tasting hash. one of the local bc cuts makes bubble that has that nice soft spearmint camphor smell of some of the better afghans, tho unfortunanately I dont know its name.as for hitting the 20%+ total resin weight mark, i find the keys are letting the plant fully mature, almost all amber trichs, grow organically (mostly) and advanced nutrients big bud :wink:

Last edited:
The Sensi HP I grew a few years ago would leave gobs of resin on my fingers after breaking it up. Rock hard buds with copious amounts of huge trichomes. One of my all-time favorites for medicinal use.

Latest posts

Latest posts