What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"The Pure" 250W soilgrow from seed.

TheBEAK

Hi and welcome to my grow diary:)

The basics:

Breeder: The Flying Dutchmen

Strain: "The Pure" (http://www.drchronic.com/products.asp?recnumber=72).

Flowering time required: 8 weeks.

Medium: Soil(Pindstrup Potting Soil).

Light: 250W(MH for veg, HPS for flowering) using a Lumatek Digital Ballast.

Nutes: I plan to use the organic Biobizz(Grow, Bloom and Topmax).

I started all 10 seeds using the papertowel-method. 9 has come up, but I'm holdning out for number 10. I will probably LST them, as I have had succes with that technique in the past.
They'll get one month veg, all under a 250W MH.

They are streching a bit, but I have had some heat issues(above 90 degrees), so I had to move the MH further away. I plan to repot them a little deeper to compensate, and I'll fix that heat problem ASAP.

Now if only I could make time go faster, and zip foreward to 3 months from now;)

Last edited:
G

I'm going to pull up stool for this grow.

I'm planning on running a soil grow with 250watt and probably Sensi Star or The Pure pretty soon so this grow is right up my alley.

What size containers are you go to be using? What size grow area?

Thanks

TheBEAK

Hi SoylentGreen

I'm european, so I'll give my dimensions in meters/cm/Liters.

I'm growing in a closet, which is 0,55m X 1,15m X 1,45m.

I will soon repot the plants to some 2,2L pots, where they will stay for a few weeks. After that they will go in some 6L pots, and then flower in some 11L pots.

Last edited:
G

The more I think about it the more I want to try The Pure.

No problem on the metric, owning European cars all my life has taught me to convert :joint:

Is this your first run with the Lumatek 250? How do you like it?

Thanks

G

Can't wait to see how they do, hope you get a nice skunky keeper there. :D

TheBEAK

SoylentGreen said:
Is this your first run with the Lumatek 250? How do you like it?

Absolutely nothing that i can put my finger on.
It's lightweight, completely silent, and even looks pretty;)

I've just finished a Sadhu grow with it a few months ago. Worked like a charm.

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
:wave:Hello Beak, Ill be pullin up a chair over in the corner...like TML said, a fellow 250w grower!!!Keep it up, youre gonna have some good peeps hangin here.Peace

- Zeus

TheBEAK

Final germ rate was 9/10, so i can't complain:)

Here's a pic from today

Day 6 of veg.

Thanks for the interest guys.

Last edited:

TheBEAK

Here's some pics of my setup.
I use an active charcoal filter, which is hooked up to a 110 cfm PC fan.

I also have a fan blowing on the plants, and passive intake in the bottom.

I might aswell post some pics of the plants from today.
The one in the blue cup, is a Northern Lights im trying out(just 1).

Last edited:

blackone

Veteran
Good luck with that grow! Won't be long before you have to repot I think.
Got it tagged - det ser lovende ud:)

TheBEAK

MOVING DAY!

The babies have just been repotted, to their new homes, and are now relaxing in the closet.

I've previously stated, that I would repot them into 3,5L pots, but infact the pots are only 2,2L(I've edited my previous posts).

So here they are.

One or two of them have shown these dark areas, that went semi-necrotic, but I'm willing to write that off, as stress from the heat, and too small pots, that dried too quickly.(Correct me if I'm wrong)

In a few days time, I'll start some light LST'ing.

Thx for watching:)

Last edited:

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
lookin good bro'...do u have any perlite in that soil?? Its lookin kinda dense, IMHO, I would add perlite and or vermiculite to lighten the mix up...or is that coco??Anyhow, very nice..keep it up.

- Z

TheBEAK

ZeusOGrefugee said:
lookin good bro'...do u have any perlite in that soil?? Its lookin kinda dense, IMHO, I would add perlite and or vermiculite to lighten the mix up...or is that coco??Anyhow, very nice..keep it up.

- Z

I see what you mean.
The soil does have some sticks and other coarse material, and it's says on the bag, that it's quite airy. But I'm beginning to think you're right.
Next repot, I'll throw some in.

magoo

Overwatering

Overwatering

Careful about overwatering, they are young and do not need a lot of water. When you transplant again, be sure that the medium is very airy as cannabis does not like compacted soils.

Good luck-

Magoo

Latest posts

Latest posts