What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

(2) 600w 4x4 Hydrohut Tents - 3x3e&f, 12bucketDWC,soil SOG

Hello Everybody. It is good to be a part of icmag. I’ve been a lurker since OG went down and now have started posting here. I used og for the ladder few years, even before trying to grow. Then the green thumb started itching…..

My first grow was with some bomb ass genetics. A friend gifted me 5 clones of AK-47 Cherry Pheno. I used a 600w bulb in a 2.5x2x6 rubbermaid storage cabinet. DWC in 20 gal Rubbermaid. The Buds where badly burnt because of the 3 week veg in junction with the massive stretch of the AK. Boy o’ boy did I learn how important ventilation is real quick. I Finally stabilized the temps at 78-84 by week 3 of flowering. Yield was just over 6oz. This stuff was great. Tasted great and got you really burnt… The 2 week flush saved that one…

"Ak47 about day 45 or so"
17530ak47-med.jpg

My second grow I upgraded the cabinet to a 6x2x7. The bigger space made it much easier to control the 600w and the heat it produced. Unfortunately I had a Supersun1 reflector and the vents are on the sides. This was horrible for airflow. Replaced that with a SuperSunII now. I filled this cabinet with a few DWC 2 gal buckets and a few soil pots as well. I grew 4 Bogbubble (3 DWC + 1 Soil), 1 AK99xWW (Soil from/seed), 1 NYCD (DWC), 1 Wonderberry (DWC), 1 NLxShiva (Soil SOG Style), and 1 Purplestar x Sensistar (cut early in fear of hermie,). I vegged too long again on the DWC bogbubbles and yields suffered. I pulled the SSxPS because the person who gave it to me said it was hermie. Overall medium yields. I knew it could be done better…

"Wonderberry" Day 36
17530wonder-med.jpg

"Bogbubble" Day 36
17530bbubble-med.jpg

That brings us here, the third attempt. I setup the first tent and got running with it right away, I am still getting the second one running. It should be filled up within the next few weeks. On to the goodies…

Flower Tent #1
600w w/SuperSun II Reflector
12 Bucket Recirculating DWC

Flower Tent #2
600w w/Cooltube Reflector
3x3 Botanicare Ebb + Flo Table (SOG 5 inch square pots)
SOG Soil 5 inch Square pots will fill the extra room around the table

Mother Tent
4x t8 Floros
DWC Bio Buckets for mothers currently cloning/starting
Soil for long term mothers
SOG Hydroton rubermaid for vegging seedlings.

Nutes (Any suggestions/help would be great)
Clonex or Rootech
Liquid Karma
Sensi Zym
Voodoo Juice
Piranha
Tarantula
Floranova Grow
Floralicious Grow
Floranova Bloom (I hate this stuff but it makes buds bigger)
Floralicious Bloom
Floralicious Plus (Is this the same as Fliciousbloom but with added stuff?)
Pure Blend Pro
Cal/mag
Blast Off (Not sure what to think about this yet)
Sweet
Purple Maxx (this stuff is cool, but I don’t think you should use it except on purple/blue strains. It does work, use only as directed)

Strains
Stable & Tested
Wonderberry (Sargamatha)
White Widow #2 (Greenhouse)
Buddha’s Sister (Soma)
Lifesaver (Bog, Sativa Pheno)
Ice (a friends personal cross of his Favorite WW male and Skunk #1 female from years ago)

Untested
Purple Gum (Purplestar x Sensistar crossed with original bubblegum from ’88, curious..)
Mango (6 out of 6 popped and vegging)
Strawberry Cough (5 out of 7 popped and vegging)
Granddaddy Purple (2 out of 3 popped and vegging. A friend made these seeds by stressing his GDP, only popped em to test the theory of seeds made using this method are not good. Hopefully that is incorrect.)

So Tent #1 is in flower. Pulled all 5 small Rene girls along with the NL x Grunk. The Rene was pulled at 48 days. This is a love/hate relationship. It tastes so good, and the high is great, but the plant doesn’t have a huge yield and can’t take too many nutes without burning. The NL x Grunk was pulled at 52 days but she was ready at 50. Next time I will wait till 55. There are still 3 plants inside. 1 Ice, 1 Wonderberry, and 1 White Widow. They should be finishing in about 7-10 days staggered.

Tent #2 is flowering as well. I put 12 plants in originally. 10 of them went straight from the EZcloner to soil and straight to 12/12. After 5 days I decided to pull these off and toss em. I cut my losses because I want it done correctly. That same day I came across a 3x3 Botanicare ebb + flo table. Sweet! I always wanted to try one of these. Although I wish I could have built my own. Oh Well. So now I have two plants flowering for the moment until the next batch of clones are used to fill the table. 1 Buddha’s Sister and 1 Lifesaver.

I am thinking what I want to put on the table. What should I fill it up with? I was thinking the widow. What about different strains. Can you mix different strains on a flood / drain table? Will it effect the taste. I once had a friend who let ak47 and bogbubble share the same res and they both tasted the exact same, neither tasted like the strains should have. They tasted more like Floranova. But he flushed for 1 week and used that cleanX stuff. I think he just didn’t know what he was doing, and ever since then I have been afraid to have different strains share the same RES. What is everyone’s opinion on this?

So to re list the question I have –

- Is floralicious plus the same as floralicious bloom but with extra stuff?
- Any General suggestions on nutes? I want to switch to AN.
- Any feedback on Blast Off?
- Is there anything wrong with multiple strains sharing a RES? (besides flushing issues)

Any questions for me?

I will post more current pics when I get the camera back…

-5minl8

:yoinks:

sorry for the long post ;)

Last edited:
G

one concern about growing two different strains in the same hydro system (sharing a res., etc) is that if for example, one is a light feeder and one is a heavy feeder, the heavy feeder will be underfed the entire time and possibly have nute deficiencies and the light feeder will be overfed the entire time and possibly have overdoses of nutes. this is assuming you show nute levels in between what the two needed/averaged out the nute levels.

Ice at day 48

Another Ice bud at 48

Nycd Soil at day 48

Wonderberry Day 48

White Widow Day 48

Here is some finished shots of the Rene (nute burned... )

Rene Day 48 Finished

Rene Day 48 Finished

;)

-5minl8

Last edited:

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
wow lotsa nice sounding strains your surly a busy person he he grow on duder

Maj.PotHead said:
wow lotsa nice sounding strains your surly a busy person he he grow on duder

Yeah.. lots of good strains.. soon to replace some with new ones. I have had the wonderberry for over a year. Its a good strain but the taste is more hashy than fruity. I would rather have sweeter/fruitier stuff...

and yes.. its a lot of work..
-5minl8

G

simple gh nutes...the lucas formula...no additives...i get amazing results...kiss

back when I moved I gifted all of my mothers to new homes for temporary safe keeping....

Yesterday I got back 4 strains...

Grunk (original from '84, boy is this a bitch to clone)
Silver Haze
BogBubble

I dont plan on keeping the grunk, only because of its difficulty to clone, but I will grow it out and possibly cross it with something else. I really liked the NLxGrunk cross my friend made. I only got the bogbubble back to grow out once more... It is my favorite BOG genetic but I want to try his others.. can't wait to see this lifesaver in full bloom...

The Silver Haze I dont plan on keeping long either, Its just not my cup of tea, I am waiting to try that Amnesia Haze and the all glorious Nevilles Haze....

I am trying to get my camera back so I can post a few newer pictures..

-5minl8

Last edited:
Here are some updates...

Harvested everything in the DWC tent and setup a RDWC system. After the setup was up and running transplanted the Mango, Strawberry Cough, and Purple Gum seedlings into the buckets... they are about 8 inches at insertion.. I was unable to snap many harvest pics but I will get them as soon as possible and show you guys...

Yesterday got the ebb & flow 3x3 table... 5 spots still left to be filled...
Here are some snaps...

Lifesaver Day 22

" " same

Buddahs Sister Day 23

Random Shots

GDP 1 & 2 Seedlings

this weekend I was gift 3 more flavors...

OG KUSH (yay finally got this back)
Hawaiian Sativa (Hawaiian x Island Sweet Skunk)
NL Widow Haze (NL x (White Widow x Silver Haze) Huge huge yeilder

p34c3

-5minl8

Last edited:
HideyourBud,

Each tent has its own 6 inch 265 cfm Fantech fan... These fans rock.. in fact I used a cabniet just like that the 2nd run.. those cabinets rock.. I had a 600w supersun II shield and it was cool enough to the touch using that fantech fan... oh .. and they are quiet too. ;)

Each tent pulls out through the fan and then blows down through the 6 inch cooltube reflectors and out the top of the tent. The bad thing is, I have to use 6<4 reducers because the precut holes in the tent are 4 inch. I didnt want to damage the tent in modding it, and besides... the light is cool to the touch and the temps are 70-78 and dont go over 82 with c02.... i have to say, those fans are awesome.

-5minl8

ps: sorry for the lack of updates recently. not much action really and who really wants to see all those veg pics anyway... you know you all love bud p0rn...

I will be back on later tonight with more pics and nice update..

Last edited:

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
fiveminuteslate said:
500/17530bbubble-med.jpg[/img]

Nutes (Any suggestions/help would be great)
Liquid Karma

Blast Off (Not sure what to think about this yet)

According to the 2006 Botanicare catalog FAQ

Q: What is the difference between Blast Off and Liquid Karma?
A: Liquid Karma contains all the ingredients in Blast Off, plus organic additives such as liquid compost, seaweed, humic acid adn fulvic acid.

ShroomDr said:
According to the 2006 Botanicare catalog FAQ

Q: What is the difference between Blast Off and Liquid Karma?
A: Liquid Karma contains all the ingredients in Blast Off, plus organic additives such as liquid compost, seaweed, humic acid adn fulvic acid.

thanks for the info Shroom Doc...

;)

TOG (tent of green)

TOG (tent of green)

hahah...

welcome ... c'mon in

So the tent has been going for about a month and a half. The first plants started where the Buddahs Sister and Lifesaver. Then the Soil bed (4ww, 2wb) followed by the Rene. Then I started the 3x3 ebb & flo. I replaced a few plants the 1st week in, and then added the last of the plants two weeks in. We are now 3 weeks in (e&f) with a few plants (in the center-ish) being a week or two behind. The first week of the E&f started with WW(18), Ice (6), Silver Haze (2), Grunk (4). Then a week later I put in a GDP. Then a week later I put in 3 AK-47 (different phenos, sexing for a friend). Then for extra measure I added another Lifesaver Soil in the back.

Remember I am doing the soil around the 3x3 e&f to take up extra room and get full efficiency. It also tastes super good as we all know.

On the left side....

.. we have A lifesaver in the left back corner. Then you will see the Soil bed on the left side in front of that. Then you will see the Buddahs Sister in front of that. The back left portion of the 3x3 table is WW. Then you will see a GDP. The four in the front left corner are Grunk. You can kinda see the AK47 small ones catching up in the middle. Also back beside the lifesaver in the corner of the tent is the other lifesaver that is furthest in.

on the right side......

... we have Ice on the far right side of the 3x3 table. The next row in is the rest of the WW. You can see the Silver haze in the front middle. You will see the Rene in the back right corner of the tent.

As you can see here I had to cut the bottom foliage off the plants to allow light to be directed to the major budsites. Next time I think I will use half the plants and do little trees instead of single cola style. (any thoughts on this?)

more to come...

mwhahahaa

:sasmokin:

-5minl8

Last edited:
And now the tour de strains...

In chronological order (I will try my best...)

Lifesaver

Buddahs Sister

Soil Bed (2 Wonderberry *shorter ones*, and 4 White Widow)

Wonderberry

White Widow

Rene

Here is a bud on Rene that I pollinated with some GDP pollen.

Thats all of the soil (except the last Lifesaver I put in. Nothing to see there. Not even 2 weeks in.

More to come...

:joint:

-5minl8

fiveminuteslate - you said "Here is a bud on Rene that I pollinated with some GDP pollen." Where the fuck are you getting GDP pollen from cause unless I'm mistaken, GDP is a clone only strain?

HIDEyourBUD said:
fiveminuteslate - you said "Here is a bud on Rene that I pollinated with some GDP pollen." Where the fuck are you getting GDP pollen from cause unless I'm mistaken, GDP is a clone only strain?

oh.. thats very easily explained...

How did I get this pollen you ask? I used pollen collected from a male banana on some GDP I purchased. The Rene is the only strain I have that isnt Stable, and thats because of who gave it to me and their carelessness to pay attention to small details. I love the strain and have 25 seeds that hopefully will one day give me a stable pheno when I have time to do it. I was hoping the GDP would help give me a stable mother of the RENE, along with improving it. Its just a personal experiment and I don't expect anything. That way I can be suprised.

:joint:

Anyway, I got male bananas on 2 of the buds in the bag. You know those little yellow things that pop out of buds when a plant gets stressed or whatnot. Those bananas contain pollen. That pollen if used to pollinate a female will produce all female seeds. This process is called Rodelization. Soma uses this method and teaches it as well. You can find lots of information about this here on IC. The bad thing is there are so many mixed opinions on if the offspring will be "hermie" or such. I can tell you this, I have personaly experienced mostly BAD offspring when planting seeds from a bud that is hermie. However planting seeds that are created from the Rodelization technique I have had good genetics from this. Maybe nothing over the top, but something for personal use and for fun.

Now with all this talk of that GDP, I think its time to pack up my last little nug and smoke it with you while I finish this post.

Here she is, not very purple, but its my last little piece.

I wouldnt dare gift a strain upon someone without having tested it first. That is why I am conducting this log of the GDP progress. Hopefully It will turn into something nice. Up to this point I have expected less than nothing from it, and have gotten a nice female going. Hopefully it will be purple, potent, and smelly.

;) :wave:

anyway. I hope this answers your question. I hope this covered everything but if you have anything else you want to point out feel free. Thanks for keeping an eye on things.

l8r yall

-5minl8

ps: on top of the pollen collected from that bud I obtained these seeds of the GDP strain a few months back. A friend grew the GDP clone only mother and "SELFed" it to make female seeds. He grew this outside last year and ended up with a fully pollinated mother. I cannot tell you what method he used to do this, IE: stressing, flowering too long, "3rd party market sprays" (haha).. but I can tell you I smoked the final product (deseeded of course) and it was deff GDP. I have had GDP several times (most of the time imported from CALI med clubs. I have also had Urkle 2 times.. still waiting on grape ape) and know its unique smell and taste, and of course the awesome narcotic high. It is very similar to the urkle, but it doesnt taste quite as good. Still fine genetics though..

Out of 25 seeds that I was gifted, I Popped 3 of these beans. 2 Germinated. 1 Died early on. 1 was male (I just found out last week) and the other one (GDP#1) was female. I currectly have a few of those on my ebb&flo.

I dont expect much out of it, although grow reports from a few other people who have gotten the seeds said out of 10 they found quite a few phenos. 1 person got a Maroon colored plant. 2 of them turned purple. The purple wasnt in the flowers themselves, but it the leaves mostly. If you ask me, def not the best pheno.

I really hope I am surprised later on.. or that way I can put all rumors to rest.

-5minl8

Last edited:
oh.. speaking of all this GDP..

here is a shot of the gdp mom. Its still kind of small but then again its only been vegging for like 6 weeks from seed.

"GDP.... Tasty as It can be... sweet and smel-ley... tasty as can be, for you and me... oh GDP!"
:violin:

but really.. I expect nothing so that I can be suprised by its results.

l8

-5minl8