What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

FIRST Grow -Seedling problems

Spacejeezy

Update. I see definite new growth which is better because they weren’t doing anything but the leaves are still very curly and the soil seems to be close to dry all the way down...

Attachments

• 24k6
    24k6
    62.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 8BA902C5-E818-4110-9DF5-D30A0247277B.jpg
    8BA902C5-E818-4110-9DF5-D30A0247277B.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 8E65EF08-9D0B-4BB6-AF95-3121E76A19B2.jpg
    8E65EF08-9D0B-4BB6-AF95-3121E76A19B2.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 24

Spacejeezy

I should add that my ph is around 6.5. No nutrients added with heavily filtered water and a Ppm around 450-500. Lights are LED full spectrum 600w at about 20 inch away from canopy and indirect fan blowing the air around. Definite cycle of air coming through tent. I know because I have my fogger on the outside of my tent blowing in for better saturation.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maybe time to transplant? How would you like stuffing your feet in a size 4 shoe when you are a size 9?

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Id probably just throw those out, do you got more seeds to start?? They kinda look burned, could you have accidentally used something in another water jug? I'm beening honest, do yourself a favor and start a few more plants. Sometimes seedlings that small will take forever to come back, if they ever do. Is your water good/RO ? Everybody's overwatered and things it's easy to do

Spacejeezy

Id probably just throw those out, do you got more seeds to start?? They kinda look burned, could you have accidentally used something in another water jug? I'm beening honest, do yourself a favor and start a few more plants. Sometimes seedlings that small will take forever to come back, if they ever do. Is your water good/RO ? Everybody's overwatered and things it's easy to do
I used filtered tap water. Only jugs I’ve used for watering are from the distilled water for my humidifier. I do have more seeds. Guess I’ll just restart these things and give it another shot.

Spacejeezy

A real bummer to scrap these. I will work on a better system then. Use only distilled water for my plants and work from there. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Spacejeezy

Ok so I will write that down to just use tap water. I wish I could save these. Might take all the suggestions and do some tests on these since I already screwed up. Just for learning purposes for next time.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
... and that is the easy way out :) IMHO he needs to learn from his mistakes and, once again IMHO tossing them and starting fresh doesn't teach diddly. He will be further ahead, figuring out where he went wrong and see them to fruition, regardless if he doesn't hit the proverbial 1g/W, which IMO is overrated. Any bud will be a victory for him. You can't buy confidence in a book. We all started at one point! :tiphat:

Spacejeezy

... and that is the easy way out :) IMHO he needs to learn from his mistakes and, once again IMHO tossing them and starting fresh doesn't teach diddly. He will be further ahead, figuring out where he went wrong and see them to fruition, regardless if he doesn't hit the proverbial 1g/W, which IMO is overrated. Any bud will be a victory for him. You can't buy confidence in a book. We all started at one point! :tiphat:
I better get to figuring out my issues than 😂

Spacejeezy

And to add... my soil is dry for all of the ladies now. I’m going to do tap water ph to 5.5-6.3 for a few, repot a few and give some cal/mag to a few. I have to dwindle down what the issue is.

R

Rab.C

i am not a soil grower but i wouldnt ph at ph5.5 in soil i would do ph6 to ph6.3
but i hope you get it sorted.also leave your tap water overnight put airstone in it
if you can All the best with your grow.

Spacejeezy

i am not a soil grower but i wouldnt ph at ph5.5 in soil i would do ph6 to ph6.3
but i hope you get it sorted.also leave your tap water overnight put airstone in it
if you can All the best with your grow.

It’s intimidating trying to figure out WHAT is wrong with them and HOW to fix it. I stopped watering and now the soil is dry. It’s now a question of figuring out if I water now, spritz only with a spray bottle, add cal/mag, fish/kelp it’s just a lot haha! I’m loving it and this is definitely my cup of tea but it’s very intimidating

R

Rab.C

Sorry if it was me and there dry i would water and leave them till pot feels light again
and they should perk up again.you might start seeing new growth again.hope it works out for you.sorry i cant help you more
i find writing down what ec i feed what ph how much water i give then if it goes bad i can check what i did

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
It’s intimidating trying to figure out WHAT is wrong with them and HOW to fix it. I stopped watering and now the soil is dry. It’s now a question of figuring out if I water now, spritz only with a spray bottle, add cal/mag, fish/kelp it’s just a lot haha! I’m loving it and this is definitely my cup of tea but it’s very intimidating
... probably would have been less intimidating if you would have read a book or two before popping beans. At a minimum it would have told you where your ph should lie with your setup.

Are they in 12oz beer cups at this moment? if so give 'em 3 ounces and go from there. What nutes do you have?

Spacejeezy

... probably would have been less intimidating if you would have read a book or two before popping beans. At a minimum it would have told you where your ph should lie with your setup.

Are they in 12oz beer cups at this moment? if so give 'em 3 ounces and go from there. What nutes do you have?
Actually I read a few books. Did a bunch of research and decided on my set up. I have the grow bible and a few others. I didn’t go in without any knowledge. I gave a range of ph due to the buffer the soil creates and my ppm are around 200-300 which is decent for seedlings. I’m not an idiot, I’m just requesting support from season vets. I have the fox farm line of bloom grow and booster as well as microbial brew. I also have liquid kelp , liquid fish fert made with no heat. And microbial powder for the rootst

'Boogieman'

This year I used a really loose mix and my seedling never got past their 3rd set of leaves then stalled. They were rootbound faster than I'm used too and transplanting into a larger pot got them going again.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
You'll do better starting over, get yourself a spray bottle and just use that the 1st couple wks until your seedlings get rooted good. Ive grew 25yrs and still overwater.....its easy to do. You'll eventually be able to feel the weight of your container and know if it's getting dry because your container will be light.