What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MMJ Card

dddaver

Veteran
I seriously never thought I'd do this, but I might apply to get a FL mmj card. I'll still continue to grow my own but at almost 64 it is just getting harder to mix soil, LST, move pots, carry water, etc. But I have some questions and would really appreciate anyone that has gotten a card here in FL to respond.

My regular doctor isn't on their list of qualified doctors. So I called his office and apparently they refer patients to this place called mjdocs. So I looked at their website. For $169 they do the recommendation, Then it's $75 to apply for a card. The department is linked to the driver's license department so they can automatically get your picture there. All that seems pretty straight forward.

My confusion is mostly with the doctor recommendation. Mjdocs recommendation is good for 7 months. Yet the card is good for a year. Am I supposed to go back to mjdocs after 7 months and pay $169 again? Logically, it would seem that any qualifying condition would still be in effect so you wouldn't need to go back but I'm just not sure.

I have heard that the stuff you can buy at these dispensaries is pretty much schwag. So I plan to still grow my own and just use the card in dry periods.

BTW, I have read seasonal residents can get a card too. You'd have to upload a photo to them though. And you need to send them 2 proofs of residence like utility bills. I have no clue what you'd do if you were staying at a "relatives" :dance013:and getting your card like that.

Badfishy1

I seriously never thought I'd do this, but I might apply to get a card. I'll still continue to grow my own but at almost 64 it is just getting harder to mix soil, LST, move pots, carry water, etc. But I have some questions and would really appreciate anyone that has gotten a card here in FL to respond.

My regular doctor isn't on their list of qualified doctors. So I called his office and apparently they refer patients to this place called mjdocs. So I looked at their website. For $169 they do the recommendation, Then it's $75 to apply for a card. The department is linked to the driver's license department so they can automatically get your picture there. All that seems pretty straight forward.

My confusion is mostly with the doctor recommendation. Mjdocs recommendation is good for 7 months. Yet the card is good for a year. Am I supposed to go back to mjdocs after 7 months and pay $169 again? Logically, it would seem that any qualifying condition would still be in effect so you wouldn't need to go back but I'm just not sure.

I have heard that the stuff you can buy at these dispensaries is pretty much schwag. So I plan to still grow my own and just use the card in dry periods.

BTW, I have read seasonal residents can get a card too. You'd have to upload a photo to them though. And you need to send them 2 proofs of residence like utility bills. I have no clue what you'd do if you were staying at a "relatives" :dance013:and getting your card like that.

Not really sure I’d personally classify it as Schwag... would even say it’s better than most ‘Cali/co’ ‘medical’ that makes its appearance in FL.
Inb4: Cali/ Co has the best medical in the country... granted the kids who buy packaging and purple punch love it, but those that smoke for quality walk away

dddaver

Veteran
I emailed the Office of Medical Marijuana Use (OMMU) asking about the doc rec. They responded with sending links to statutes and laws and a bunch if bureaucratic mumbo-jumbo. I replied by saying, "I think you said yes?" Their response was that you need to visit the doctor every 210 days and their card is good for a year.

How is a permanent disability all of a sudden get better?To me, just more political horseshit making rich guys richer and having two separate renewal dates for the same thing is just stupid.

Bottom line is I'm not so sure I wanna pay $169 every 210 days then $75 every year to renew the card. I really don't need more deadline dates to remember besides paying stupid fees. Shit like this is exactly why people badmouth Florida/ It seems so immoral that rich assholes are making money off sick people combined with the fact the government says it wants less crime while doing shit like this that forces people to use the black market'

I'm thinking I'd rather be dry, in pain, and have fucked up dreams than play their stupid monetized reindeer games.

dddaver

Veteran
I found this outfit called DoctorsRX Medical Center in Miramar Beach FL that only charges $89 per visit. They have offices all over FL. But surfing revealed 4 BBB complaints against them. Anyone have any experience with them?

dddaver

Veteran
The whole ordeal has me spooked. First, they get you're picture for your card from the driver's license bureau. So anytime a cop pulls you over or you have a fender bender he can see you're a mmj patient and assume you're under the influence of drugs? Even a blood test would show positive for a long time even if you hadn't smoked recently. So you are guilty.

Then that DoctorsRX says $89 on their website but the office quotes $189 every 7 months? Then they wanted my credit card number over the phone. When I said I wasn't comfortable doing that and can I come there, she said she wasn't equipped and I could only get an appointment giving that number over the phone.

The cheapest recommendations I've found is $169 every 7 months or they LET you pay $30 a month. What is this? Phone service? Screw this. Not for me.

DemonTrich

Veteran
Why would your MEDICAL card be linked to your drivers license?

I would refuse and and all info linked to my medical info to be available to anyone but myself or my doc.

dddaver

Veteran
Why would your MEDICAL card be linked to your drivers license?

I would refuse and and all info linked to my medical info to be available to anyone but myself or my doc.

Actually, I'm assuming it is. It is fact that they get your picture for your card from the drivers license photo. As far as the information available other way, I'm assuming that anytime the drivers license bureau gives up your picture that they know who to, I sure hope so anyway. So in this case to the Office of Medical Marijuana Use. So one and one is two. I think that is a huge violation of HIPPA and will be writing my congressman. Or this is a huge violation of privacy at the very least.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
The oil they peddle is rated either by ratio (9thc:1cbd) or percentage (78% thc).. I've had med users tell me about 79% thc in their oil.. I can not make them understand that they mean 79% of what they are selling you is derived from thc and the other 22% is cut material so it vape easily.. good hits... but most do not understand that just because it says 79% thc does not mean its' potency is 79%. I'd guess the thc % is more like 10% thc of that 79% that is in the mix. I feel like a dope addict when I try to explain it to them.

The picture, yes from DMV... dono if one gives up the MMJ card if ones license is updated to not MMJ. Anyone know what the actual law reads about dui and mmj? and does it imply by having the card immediately puts you in dui territory? Not supposition..

dddaver

Veteran
My girlfriend suggested getting the FL ID card and going that route to circumvent the driver's license stuff. I was thinking of doing it all by mail with 2 copies of utility bills for proof of residency and sending a 2" x 2" passport type photo with white background along with along with the check for $75. Not sure how to get a photo like that though. Might have to go to studio. Her idea might be better.

I did email the OMMU complaining about them violating HIPPA. Even if they answer back, I expect lies, misdirection, and bullshit. I totally don't trust those bureaucratic assholes.

dddaver

Veteran
This is a copy and paste of the answer from the OMMU to my question about violating HIPPA and law enforcement knowing. It makes my paranoid mind feel better about the whole thing. In fact I found a doctor that charges $175 for the initial visit then $115 for renewal. I'm thinking I'll go for it. Sorry if my paranoia frightened anyone.

RE: OCU Public Comment Form

Bane, Summer <Summer.Bane@flhealth.gov>

1:43 PM (35 minutes ago)

Good Afternoon Mr. XXXXX,

Information in the Medical Marijuana Use Registry is confidential pursuant to section 381.987, Florida Statutes.

Section 381.987(1), F.S., states “[FONT=&quot]The following information is confidential and exempt from s. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]119.07[/FONT][FONT=&quot](1) and s. 24(a), Art. I of the State Constitution: (a) A patient’s or caregiver’s personal identifying information held by the department in the medical marijuana use registry established under s. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]381.986[/FONT][FONT=&quot], including, but not limited to, the patient’s or caregiver’s name, address, date of birth, photograph, and telephone number.”[/FONT]

The Medical Marijuana Use Registry utilizes a photo service that will pull an applicant’s DMV photo from the database when there is a match to the individual’s social security number and date of birth; however, your status as a medical marijuana patient is not tied to your driver’s license.

Pursuant to s. 381.987, F.S., the department allows access to confidential and exempt information in the Medical Marijuana Use Registry to law enforcement agencies that are investigating a violation of law regarding marijuana in which the subject of the investigation claims an exception established under s. 381.986, F.S. A person who willfully and knowingly violates s. 381.987, F.S. commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or, s. 775.083, F.S.

Therefore, a law enforcement officer would only be able to know that you are a patient in Florida’s medical marijuana program if (1) you presented your Medical Marijuana Use Registry identification card, or (2) if law enforcement had a reason to search for you in the registry (in order to verify that you are a qualified patient, to confirm that any marijuana in your possession is for legal use under s. 381.986, F.S., etc.).

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you,

[FONT=&quot]Office of Medical Marijuana Use[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Florida Department of Health[/FONT]

dddaver

Veteran
Damn! Turns out that Dr wants $150 every 6 months for it. Just shows this is all about the money. It also reinforces the thing about don't believe anything you read on the internet. I think I'll just buy a bigger tent instead of my mini cab and get a good LED (quantum board) and that'll be cheaper than one year's of Dr fees and produce better weed. Girlfriend thinks it might take a few more years for prices to normalize. Typical crazy-ass Florida shit. The thing is. if they had just done what the people voted for in the first place, things might be normalizing by now anyway., instead of this stupid cash bonanza screwing sick people.

dddaver

Veteran
This whole money thing with the quacks really pisses me off. I grow excellent weed now in my ghetto mini-cab, flowering under a little 150W HPS after vegging under screw in LEDs. This all has me thinking I'll upgrade to a 2x2x4 tent with a little hlg 100 quantum led board. I already have a good inline fan. All for about the same price as one quack visit. All just to be THEIR idea of legal. I live in the sticks and security is job one here. I'm safe anyway. FUCK EM.

I know I really should upgrade my grow equipment. And experience and knowledge tell me to just buy that crap and shut-up. But dropping 2 bills? Even though I realize that equipment would pay for itself just after the first grow, I'm such a cheap-ass MOFO, I gotta talk myself into it and give myself a little boot in the ass. Sometimes I wonder how my GF puts up with my sorry ass.

lol

Oh well...

I’ve been getting decent quality stuff from the dispensaries.

Distillate, CO2 Oil, Shatter, Crumble, Rosin...

I’ve got some GDP distillate that is 92.8% THC.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
lol

Oh well...

I’ve been getting decent quality stuff from the dispensaries.

Distillate, CO2 Oil, Shatter, Crumble, Rosin...

I’ve got some GDP distillate that is 92.8% THC.
That 98% THC represents how much active THC is in the shit youre vaping not its potency. Out of 100% of the oil that is in the cartridge you are vaping, 98% is active THC, the other 2% represents the cut that is in the oil that youre vaping.

It isnt 98% active THC. If it were 98% active THC, one hit would do you for some time and I'd be onit like fleas on fido. I think best THC % I've read about is in the mid 30% range. The odds of 'them' manufacturing oil (for us) with that kind of affect is not reality, if it were, it would get me to stop growing it and pay.:tiphat:

Are you reading?!

92.8 is the % of THC in the GDP Distillate Oil.

I’m reading it off the label...

Not 98!!!

92.8 is on the higher side of what I’ve seen for distillate.

The ChemDawg and Banana Kush Distillate I have is more in the mid to upper 80s %...

You want the Distillate Syringes, those are what I get and have the highest potency and are supposed to be uncut.

The vaporizer cartridges that they sell are low potency (like 50% THC) and they all cut them with Coconut Oil.

grayeyes

Pop another seed if you think you are running out.

You are not missing anything worthwhile if FL dispensaries are like those here in CA.

Take paper bags from the store and smoke those. About the same.