What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Zamaldelica

YukonKronic

I increased my germination rate by soaking the seeds for 12 hours like normal, but the one's that float, I take out and scarify with some fine sandpaper, then put them back into the water until they sink. I'm only gently sanding the side of the seed along the seem until there is a tiny pinhole to let water in.

I'm considering scarifying every seed, then just planting them in soil and skip the 12 hour soak. I'll try it on the next batch.

Peace, God bless

Old hippy trick: glue sandpaper (or fold it to right size) into a matchbox... throw seeds in and shake to scarify :tiphat:

I usually use a nail file on point of seed and rib down the side...
Edit: best results in the vintage Mexican germination thread were just worm castings... guy had like 40 year old seeds and some popped just leaving them in castings...

SolarLogos

Old hippy trick: glue sandpaper (or fold it to right size) into a matchbox... throw seeds in and shake to scarify :tiphat:

Edit: best results in the vintage Mexican germination thread were just worm castings... guy had like 40 year old seeds and some popped just leaving them in castings...
Great trick, surprised I hadn't heard of it. Thanks for sharing my friend!
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

I wanted to point out, I like Lester Beans method for washing old beans like that, several washing, some in a mild bleach solution to kill fungi and prevent damping off, which old seeds are prone to. And yes, I saw that thread (and an article online) about putting old seeds directly into ewc, seems to be the best method. If I have to start any old seeds, I think I would wash them, then put them into the ewc.
Peace, God bless

Bleiweis

Veteran
Hey there folks! Would you mind helping me out a bit? I have a dillema about 2 of my autozamal's at about 10 weeks from sprouting!

They're about 70 cm in height and i can't decide whether to chop them down or not? Currently it's hot and humid here and i'm about to leave for 2 weeks...don't want to see main collas all in mold when i come back!

Otherwise these are two of the small and fast phenos. One of them seemed as if she'll be the biggest of the bunch but then her sisters went mad! The biggest one is about 180cm in height...that's a lot for a AF! Especially if you consider that we had rainy weather all may! Any way...here they are! More about my experience with this strain later on when they'll be all finished. In the last pic you can see her big sister in the background! They mostly smell fruity and a bit like checmicals (i remember that smell from Panama x DeepChunk).

So...chop it or leave it for 2 weeks? Hot&humid! Let me know what you think!

picture.php

View image in gallery

picture.php

View image in gallery

picture.php

View image in gallery

picture.php

View image in gallery

picture.php

View image in gallery

Koondense

Veteran
Let them flower, still far from ripeness.
Check the bud on photo 4, there seems to be some brown stuff inside the bud.
I'd leave them for at least 3 more weeks.

Cheers

Amynamous

If you are concerned about watering, take a couple of clean/empty wine bottles, fill with water and stick them upside down into the ground near the roots.

Bleiweis

Veteran
Watering is not really a problem. I'm more concerned about buds getting fat and humidity (mold) ruining everything down the line :) As i said...very hot and very humid!

Theorganicguy

Looking quite zamaldelish, Bleiweis! I think you'll be happy with the results :)

My plant was damaged by a storm last week and lost all the upper log...At least I'll harvest something :woohoo:

I'm getting some flowery and fruity smells. Reminds me of the carroty aromas of last year's zmd x kc, a good sign!

first trichomes
attachment.php

whole bonsai
attachment.php

:tiphat:

Attachments

• IMG_5058.jpg
    IMG_5058.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_5059.jpg
    IMG_5059.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 46

HerbBert

Cool pics everyone I hope to have some ACE autos outside next year.

Sorry to hear of your PTSD Yukon hope you feel better soon i'm watching your grow with alot of enjoyment :)

YukonKronic

Finally a pic... Auto Zamaldelica just got her legs under her.. totally familiar look so obviously Zamaldelica was not “diluted” much by the Auto-flower conversion process.
No rain for over a week and one day in next ten forecast :biggrin:... temperatures outside are mid 20s inside green house I still lack a thermometer but its definitely in the mid 30s.

picture.php

Kijell

Good luck YukonKronic. I also got 2 Auto Zamaldelica.
Here is my Auto Zamaldelica with more Northern Lights influence I think. The other I posted in the Zamaldelica Thread.
Actually quite nice bug buds! Fantastic sweet smell. Awesome plant.

YukonKronic

I love her. She’s just.... beautiful. Structure reminds me of some of the better producing Zam phenotypes. Can’t wait to see buds.
picture.php
picture.php

Theorganicguy

Beautiful buds, Kijell! I think I might have a NL pheno as well: sweet, peachy smells which kinda reminds me of blueberry's crosses.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks everyone for your contributions on the testing of the new Auto Zamaldelica :thank you:

Here are a few finishing now outdoors in a sunny mediterranean terrace :) And a bud pic close to finish of a pheno i like.

Attachments

• Auto Zamaldelica finising outdoors in pots.jpg
    Auto Zamaldelica finising outdoors in pots.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 113
  • Auto Zamaldelica.jpg
    Auto Zamaldelica.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 65

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looking great Bleiweis ;)

Really nice Auto Zamaldelica pheno, similar to the one i have just posted. :yes: Not sure what you decided at the end, but based on your early July pics she still needed a couple of weeks more.

Please, keep us updated with your results. Best wishes!

Hey there folks! Would you mind helping me out a bit? I have a dillema about 2 of my autozamal's at about 10 weeks from sprouting!

They're about 70 cm in height and i can't decide whether to chop them down or not? Currently it's hot and humid here and i'm about to leave for 2 weeks...don't want to see main collas all in mold when i come back!

Otherwise these are two of the small and fast phenos. One of them seemed as if she'll be the biggest of the bunch but then her sisters went mad! The biggest one is about 180cm in height...that's a lot for a AF! Especially if you consider that we had rainy weather all may! Any way...here they are! More about my experience with this strain later on when they'll be all finished. In the last pic you can see her big sister in the background! They mostly smell fruity and a bit like checmicals (i remember that smell from Panama x DeepChunk).

So...chop it or leave it for 2 weeks? Hot&humid! Let me know what you think!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lovely Yukon friend ;)

She is growing very vigorously and showing recognizable traits more linked to Zamaldelica rather than auto traits. Should start to flower soon!

I love her. She’s just.... beautiful. Structure reminds me of some of the better producing Zam phenotypes. Can’t wait to see buds.
View Image View Image

Latest posts

Latest posts