What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Growing some Ganja

Anjey

Thanks Solar I'll get in there pretty soon, I think I'll have to trim the tops of OTH hopefully a final time. The buds are whisping along. Excited for all our outdoor seasons :)

Anjey

Zamaldelica x Kali China. Enchanting plants, amazing aromas.

Squatter pheno:
picture.php

picture.php

Two others more stretch; 1:
picture.php
2:
picture.php

Anjey

Harvested the Bangi x OTH. They were also very far from the light so I am very impressed with them. It is interesting to see how well the plants that are farther from the lights are doing as well in terms of size and resin production.
Here are some of the Bangis outside, nice to have them outdoors and get some pics outside, they have been through many nights in the 30's but now things are warming up heading into summer.
We are putting outside Bangi Haze, Erdpurt, Lebanese, ZKC, Red Sapphire, Snow Moon, and some first generation crosses like Leb x fastzamalboy, snowmoon x fastzamal and lebxsnowmoon. Curious to see how things do in this climate. Sun is also limited to around 7 hours a day direct sun.

picture.php

Wanted to get a better picture of the resin, very strong smell:
picture.php

Also have been enjoying this Snow Moon very much. Interesting phenos and aroma difference. Would be a great strain to do as a project of sorts people a class whatever starting with 12 seeds giving them a year and seeing where they go. I am liking our #12 the most which is green but has the fruity berry smell and taste and a nice smooth balanced high.

picture.php

Hope you are enjoying the updates and the pics don't take up too much space. I am curious about any thoughts generally open to discussion on all things.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Anjey,

I'm indeed enjoying a lot with your comments and pics :yummy:
Thanks a lot for your feedback on each of them ;)

Z #4 looks and sounds like a very desirable Zamaldelica parental plant to keep for upcoming grows, i really like the finished product and effect of these types of phenos.
Looking forward to know your opinion about her smoke after drying and curing process.

The other more compact GT in flowering is showing strong (New Killer) Malawi traits in flowering. Must be indeed very resinous at the end of flowering.

Glad to see you have the chance to experience different Zamaldelica x Kali China and Sapphire phenos and that you keep clones of them. Your first 2 Zamaldelica x Kali China
in your post # 42 are showing more Kali China influence in flowering, while the third one is the one showing more sativa traits from Zamaldelica.

Approx 3/4 of the Sapphires belong to the red pheno, the other quarter to the green pheno. Both are great and with quite different terpene profiles although the reddish phenos are the most remarkable in this hybrid in my opinion.

Happy to hear you are enjoying with the outcome of each Snow Moon, there is indeed a lovely variety of terpene profiles, colors and indica effects to choose from this hashplant hybrid.

Looking forward to see the offspring of your Bangi Haze. Excited to see your progresses this outdoor season too! :) Thanks again for all your feedback!

Anjey

Hi all,

The Zamaldelica is special, she stinks like sweet sticky sour honey. Sometimes more euphoria sometimes speedier. Very strong, is helping me to understand what a "stimulating sativa" can really be as this is my first. I have some beautiful buds in a jar to keep for some months before trying again. And the bed to run her again and two of her clones are ready to be started soon.

The ZKC were harvested, they were quite fast and the larger ones also gave quite a good yield to hope for 16oz+ per 4x4 bed in future. #1 smells a lot like Z4. #3 which will likely be our keeper was always a very vigorous grower, the most of all my plants at the time. Her leaves wave and curled in veg because she grew too fast and I didn't give her what she needed. Lime green nugs dense but not too much so very resinous amazing smell. Strong energetic but also can be relaxing mildly heavy in the head but relaxed in the body. Really all of the ZKC are outstanding in my opinion.

Here is a late shot of the more Kali China pheno:

The Red Sapphires are finishing up, these are our two favorites we will keep for now: 1 a more green one pinking up some small bit now, shes got some nice dense foxtail clusters around too a nice aroma and fast clone:

picture.php

The red she is a bit taller as well, subtle red wine dark cherry style aromas:

picture.php

Anjey

GT dubbed #10 New Killer Malawi influenced. I think she is very delicate nutrient wise. I didn't quite give her what she needs. I was thinking to run 6 of her clones in pots with a light soil in each I think she might be fine with the mild constriction and the canopy would be beautiful. These colas are something like 6-8inches. She is stinky and resinous and covered in clusters of relatively dense creamy caylxes.

picture.php

soil margin

Veteran
Sweet Anjey. Got some nice colors on those girls. Especially like the structure of the outdoor Bangi's you showed. Looking forward to some more super close ups of that dank resin on all the different strains.

Anjey

Thanks solar and thanks to you all, I enjoy sharing ganja enthusiasm with you all, and I think that I am currently growing exclusively Ace genetics is telling to how special I think they are. I did get some seeds from Verdant Green recently I am excited to try, particularly the Blue Digi Berry cross from him and Dank Frank.

Ace wise I did also just start a plant I am excited about from the R+D section, Juanita La Lagrimosa x Panama Goddess. I will post some photos when they are up. I think the medicinal properties of this strain could be quite special.

I also just got two fairly developed Z4 clones from earlier pages mentioned Z4 into their own bed with a scrog, my first attempt at using it, will see and learn how they manage to fill.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Anjey

The oldtimers have met their demise. Rough times for them, I changed the light cycle lights on during day to lights on during night. They did not like it and revegged, ever stretching to the light. We were likely to cull them soon but staying attached, and then a spider mite explosion! Just one main nest. So we cleared all of the hazes out. Good learning experience, makes me appreciate more the other more worked sativas a lot by Ace and others. We will try again with a better setup another time and do it right.
The room is cleared out for the summer other than the one Zamaldelica bed which is still in early flower. I sprayed with a foliar feed with worm compost and some leaves and seaweed that had sat and been mixed for some hours and added some neem and soap. I cleaned up the room got all the extraneous plants out of there and sprayed down the Zamaldelicas and the top of the soil and other plants in the other beds. I am thinking to spray again in around a week. I am hoping this will take care of them, I did see one or two die. They were very few except on this one nest that formed on a haze plant.
Zamaldelica:
picture.php

A cute mushroom appeared
picture.php

Have agood weekend all

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on the harvest Anjey :)

You have done a great job with all the different strains in the same indoor cycle, which is not always easy considering their different sizes, behaviour, nutrients needs, flowering times, etc ....

Glad you are also already trying Zamaldelica for the first time and enjoying her ;)
I think you are going to have an interesting cannabic summer time with such variety of flowers in the jars :D Well deserved!

Looking forward to follow the progresses of your outdoor plants and indoor Oldtimer's Haze.

Anjey

The old timers are dead! I couldn't bring them to fruition. The light change, reveg, too much heat, stretch, iike you said in the same room was a problem with them because I lowered their light to about 10/14 but they got light from the other lights at 11.5/12.5. I was saying above Dubi that they have really made me appreciate the more worked Sativas, felt like growing an old almost wild maize ancestor as opposed to developed genetics.

Definitely been greatly enjoying these strains. My one ZKC3 pheno who I have a clone of should make a comeback soon. We ended up with 4 oz's of her from less than a 1/4 of a bed, large resinous oily nugs with a strong sweet sour scent. She is my favorite along with Z4.

The Panama Goddess x Juanita La Lagrimosa are vegging along nicely too, will flower them indoors starting in around a month. Have you any thoughts on this strain Dubi?

Thank you for all your work and kindness!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
You are welcome Anjey,

Sorry to hear about the loss of the Oldtimer's Haze. She really needs a dedicated indoor space and a regime of photoperiods specifically designed for the most extreme tropical sativas, otherwise she will spend the flowering stage in the indoor room growing and growing without producing much flower.

Glad you rate Zamaldelica and her hybrid with Kali China among the best from your previous grow ;)

Juanita La Lagrimosa is a clone (and a strain) from Reggae Seeds.
Some people say Cannatonic from Resin Seeds and Juanita are the same, or at least very highly related, and i concur, as both are Diesel/Super Skunk CBD rich lines with very refined aromas of ripe mandarine and tropical fruits, and both deliver a lovely, clear, happy and low anxious non electric-non thought provoking sativa effect.

Both Cannatonic and Juanita original clones are an unstable polyhybrid with a 1:1 balanced THC:CBD chemotype. I'm sure of this because both have been analyzed at the lab for cannabinoid content (both showing almost same results) and we are also finishing with the stabilization of the CBD rich phenotype of Cannatonic and the line splitted in different chemotypes in the first 2 breeding steps, which is typical of non stablized polyhybrids.

A cross between original Juanita clone and a THC rich strain like Panama will produce a variety of chemotypes, therefore there will be an interesting variabity to explore in the Juanita x Panama hybrid, producing good yielding and indoor friendly sativa dom hybrid plants of great resin content, refined fruity lemony incensey terpenes and a nice variety of effects to choose from. This hybrid is also interesting because it has the potential to produce rich THC+CBD+CBG individuals.

Hope it helps :) I'm going to enjoy a lot following your progresses with this new cross.
Good luck with them.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Golden Tiger coming in, this ones got very slender leaves. If anyone can give any comments on phenotype leaning of any of these strains I would appreciate it.
Hi Anjey,

I have a Zamaldelica that looks like Malawi Gold from another seed company. It never had wide leaves at all even from the get go. Dubi just commented that my Zamaldelica looks very much Malawi and Thai. He posted a link to your Golden Tiger plant saying that it looks like yours. I'm subbed to see how yours works for you. Looks like you are killing it on this thread. Nice work.

ThaiBliss

Anjey

Hey TB, that GT he is referring to I loved the way it looked in veg and early flower but it ended up towards the chunky sativa bud style (like the very squat but huge nugged Zamaldelica from earlier in thread.) I don't like this squat fat sativa nug style so much so far. My Zamaldelica pheno I kept has a much nicer bud structure in my opinion I'll post a shot of it at some point. Also the GT pheno dubi referred to as the killer Malawi pheno produced the same nuggage just tighter with a higher potency compaction as the other chunkier nugged phenos such as the one he referred to. But hopefully you find better enjoyment out of your nug structure, the veg only telling part of the story! Gl on your grows and thanks.

Anjey

I've been loving these mushrooms coming up as the soil matures, they are abound since I harvested the GT bed, which was the second round in the soil.

picture.php

This rose geranium in the Zamaldelica bed with little yellow mushrooms on the sides.

picture.php

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Anjey - I'm glad you found a good pheno. Can't wait to see what the buds will look like. Hopefully you don't mind, here is the Zamaldelica I have growing:
picture.php

Glad you are continuing this thread, I was afraid I was too late subbing.

ThaiBliss