What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

60k budget: You Want The Highest Yielding/quickest Turning Setup. Whats your method?

joenuggry

Ok so heres the deal...A buddy of mine has a fair amount of money saved up and is looking to do a decent sized indoor grow with the budget he has (decent)...He has around 60k to work with...He's been looking around his area and believes he can secure a relatively smaller sized commercial space for about 40k..Why commercial? He has concerns about raising red flags running utilities too high in a residential scenario...as far as commercial goes, there is no standard amount of utility use, so you really cant raise much alarm as far as I know when its a zoned commercial space...Anyways that leaves him with about 20k to work with to get his grow setup...His goal is to be yielding as high quantity as possible as quickly as possible, which is a pretty common goal for a grower I believe...He is looking to clear anywhere from 10 to 20 lbs about every two months...(realize that gap is very large but wants 10 minimum to make it worth the efforts however would prefer around 20) The time frame is also not necessarily strict but that would be his goal if it was possible (Factor to consider: He has a good clone connect, so that should play a role with speeding up the time frame I believe, as opposed to starting from seeds)

Anyways if this was your goal, what would your method be in terms of setup, lights, and space necessary, and amount of plants...Any positive input/advice is much appreciated
If your only aim is to criticize without offering advice please don't bother responding
Thanks!

MedResearcher

Veteran
Should be doable, surely many have started with a lot less. Trying to go warehouse big, and at the same time having such a low budget going to take some serious budgeting. Is the 20k just for startup, or will it have to be used for operating expenses for the first 3+ months before you crop? Probably better to calculate 4 months to first crop, surely 2-3 is doable, but stuff takes time and better to budget on the safe side.

Hard to give much detailed advice without a little more detail. The climate is really important of course. So depending on the size of the warehouse, the outside ambient air, as well as leaking smell into the neighborhood, will change a lot.

One piece of advice, make 1000% sure, the clones are clean, and even once confirmed clean treat them like they are dirty as shit, then treat them again, before putting them into a brand new space. You get bugs bad at the start, the costs to treat a large room, and the decrease yield could be the nail in the coffin.

Budget seems to low to run sealed, the AC, Dehu, Co2 are pricey. Could frame a small room or two within the warehouse. Set it up as nice and cheap as possible, then as you successfully harvest build more and more rooms.

Gl, and let us know how it works out.

Mr^^

joenuggry

Any concern about fire marshel inspectors?

Generally you have a decent amount of notice for inspections like these, especially being the owner of the spot...Definitely enough notice to make the appropriate arrangements...I know this because ive rented warehouse space and have had the landlords tell us a week in advance...And thats just when they told us, no telling how long they knew...def more than a week heads up im guessing more like a month

Easy7

Veteran
I'd hate to put up and tear down a wharehouse grow once a year. Deffinetly keep in mind building it.

joenuggry

Should be doable, surely many have started with a lot less. Trying to go warehouse big, and at the same time having such a low budget going to take some serious budgeting. Is the 20k just for startup, or will it have to be used for operating expenses for the first 3+ months before you crop? Probably better to calculate 4 months to first crop, surely 2-3 is doable, but stuff takes time and better to budget on the safe side.

Hard to give much detailed advice without a little more detail. The climate is really important of course. So depending on the size of the warehouse, the outside ambient air, as well as leaking smell into the neighborhood, will change a lot.

One piece of advice, make 1000% sure, the clones are clean, and even once confirmed clean treat them like they are dirty as shit, then treat them again, before putting them into a brand new space. You get bugs bad at the start, the costs to treat a large room, and the decrease yield could be the nail in the coffin.

Budget seems to low to run sealed, the AC, Dehu, Co2 are pricey. Could frame a small room or two within the warehouse. Set it up as nice and cheap as possible, then as you successfully harvest build more and more rooms.

Gl, and let us know how it works out.

Mr^^
The first three months is 3 months wouldn't be a part of the startup, the budget is a little more flexible than that that is pretty much just the funds needed for the setup etc...I am mainly asking what the best setup advice would be for those yielding goals in that time frame...Definitely was gonna go the rooms inside of room route with tents inside the rooms inside of room...haha insure maximum odor control and minimize costs for temp control...

So primary questions would be how many plants and how many lights(wattage) would you recommend for the goal of around 20lbs every 2 months..and amount of necessary space for that..

The thought was that all could be done within 1000 square feet or so for sure using say 6 of the 10 by 10 grow tents...
2 10x10s for veg, 2 10x10s for flower, 2 10x10s for drying...
Thoughts and suggestions are appreciated!

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Maybe

Maybe

10x10 it’s tough to pull 10 pounds consistently. I would frame a veg room 12x24 with 8-10 315 cmh fixtures. Move air through veg with the air cooled flower lights. Frame 2 flower rooms 12x20 with 8 Acde fixtures in each. You will need 400 gals of reservoir for each flower room. Run 9 3 gallon pots of coco per light. Do 2 24k minisplits, co2 and a commercial dehuey also in each. You can dry it in a 10x10. Trimming and selling it should be the worries. Best bet would be to build an outbuilding in the country and supplement power with diesel generator.

joenuggry

Your friend would prob be better off putting that 60k in the stock market, or better yet, Bitcoin.

Someone that can't even scale up a couple lights wanted to run 20.... Good luck with that.... Guess everyone is doing it now.

Nobody said it couldn't be scaled up man, just looking to see what others would do given the same opportunity...Ya must have missed the section of the post asking that if you don't have a valid suggestion aside from blatant criticism to not bother contributing...

That being said MF Doom though though....Back to lab, try again!!

joenuggry

10x10 it’s tough to pull 10 pounds consistently. I would frame a veg room 12x24 with 8-10 315 cmh fixtures. Move air through veg with the air cooled flower lights. Frame 2 flower rooms 12x20 with 8 Acde fixtures in each. You will need 400 gals of reservoir for each flower room. Run 9 3 gallon pots of coco per light. Do 2 24k minisplits, co2 and a commercial dehuey also in each. You can dry it in a 10x10. Trimming and selling it should be the worries. Best bet would be to build an outbuilding in the country and supplement power with diesel generator.

Ive had the generator discussion multiple times, no one seems to think there's generators out there that support that kind of power use-age on a consistent basis a sizable grow like this..Are you aware of anyone who has done that successfully with a larger scale grow? If so what was their method? Thanks

2x4s framed to the ceiling.

2" RMAX panels for walls.

Spray foam every gap to seal it up well.

Buy everything else used and mix your own nutrients.

Throw a bunch of plants in 5Gal coco pots and water daily until runoff.

ronbo51

Veteran
the fire department comes unannounced to our warehouse. They look in every door, check hallways for clearance and obstructions. They check for flammables and chemicals. They are insane picky about emergency exit signs and lit exit signs above doors. You haven't said whether you are legal or not. If legal then you just need to follow the rules. Otherwise, the idea of keeping a warehouse under the radar would be unthinkable for me.
Also, 20K leaves nothing for operating capital, after equipment expenditures and leaves you vulnerable to unexpected costs. Everything is so expensive and adds up quick.

I would maybe allocate 10 or 12K and design a complete system around that, with the idea that nothing you buy becomes obsolete as you scale up. That probably means one complete veg space, one flower room, one mom and clone room, one storage and equipment room, one drying room, a processing area, and all the supporting tables, plumbing, lighting, fans and on and on.

Get your systems up and operating correctly before you start your first seed. Once you have your environment 100% under control then let it rip.

Commercial real estate can be a good investment. Check out rural areas where it is not so valuable. Lots of rural land has a barn, or a metal building that could be used as a grow with some modification. Electrical requirements can dictate events. Good luck.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
It’s an option

It’s an option

I wasn’t suggesting to run only on generator. Use a 30kw diesel generator to supplement so your power bill doesn’t make you uncomfortable. I do know of a couple families running everything off grid with 20k watts. It’s a little more than 1 gal. an hour. Not hard to have all the fuel on hand before you start. Use grid power to run all the essentials and enough lights to keep the schedule.

mouts

A shitload of shelves and a shitload of mother plants, a shitload of clones and a shitload of LEDS.

Rooted cutting to finished product in 10 weeks.

Dwc or flood and drain.

xet

$60k to immediately start a $4M/year op and he sent you to ask for him here?

Smells feddy.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
spend it on a few greenhouses indoor ain't worth it today unless ya add a few 000s to that budget.. even then that's a long term investment papered out.. but it'll still work . the risk vrs reward ain't there like it used to... and I would invest in anything else besides building a small indoor grow... but to answer the question though limited to 60k and a rented warehouse unlicensed. I'd go with large shipping containers well insulated rmax, not rooms so worst case u locked up and getting out... stretching the budget tight u probably get 3 10light containers built built proper...

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
$60k to immediately start a $4M/year op and he sent you to ask for him here?

Smells feddy.

Smells stupid.

Neither of ya'll have a clue. You're crowdsourcing opinions on a forum without even trying to learn.

You'll be broke before you flip to flower.

You don't want negative advice? Too bad. Stupid plans get stupid comments.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Smells stupid.

Neither of ya'll have a clue. You're crowdsourcing opinions on a forum without even trying to learn.

You'll be broke before you flip to flower.

You don't want negative advice? Too bad. Stupid plans get stupid comments.

Tried to be nice but agree it's a stupid move at least 5 years to late to pull off but if he does it my way at 1k a p 30 lights 1k a p it's still profitable, smart move hell no but should make a few $$$$ n not loose... been there done that yrs ago and it worked ... today I'd rather suck a bullet out a shotgun... only reason I still run anything indoors is cuz it's been built paid for 10x over n makes a little money nuthin like it did...
I bet the op ain't got much invested go play with someone else's money .. that's the way today's game is anyway...

Latest posts

Latest posts