What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hemp russet mite eggs?

Yep, I will most definitely be heat treating the room when I pull everything down. Tricky part is in our situations... It sounds to me like you are dealing with just a few plants? I'm working with a dense canopy of 75 sites. Makes it a lot more difficult to really get good coverage.
Translaminar pesticides help, as well as PFR-97 being a delayed action bioinsecticide where in theory mites would bring spores to the other mites.

I would suggest to anyone with russet's or broads. Go nuclear as quickly as possible, eliminate them before they become an issue and transition quickly to organic based once a strong knockdown of nuclear chem's have been used.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep, I will most definitely be heat treating the room when I pull everything down. Tricky part is in our situations... It sounds to me like you are dealing with just a few plants? I'm working with a dense canopy of 75 sites. Makes it a lot more difficult to really get good coverage.
Translaminar pesticides help, as well as PFR-97 being a delayed action bioinsecticide where in theory mites would bring spores to the other mites.

I would suggest to anyone with russet's or broads. Go nuclear as quickly as possible, eliminate them before they become an issue and transition quickly to organic based once a strong knockdown of nuclear chem's have been used.

Since it sounds like you’re running a commercial crop...
I hope your avid laced buds stay in your household!

The shit has not been tested for use on products that are being smoked!
As a matter of fact, the MSDS states that it ”may decompose at high temperature forming toxic gases.”

Keep that shit to yourself!

Let’s not forget too that another of the ingredients in Avid is classified as a carcinogen.

2011rex87

MJpassion is right on. No need to repeat my previous post... Been following this thread for a while now.. I truly wish you all good luck with your gardens and plants. Sorry this happened to you.. but don't make a bad situation worse by using dangerous and untested pesticides. As said, the studies have not been done, one way or another, to show that your plants can be safely consumed after being treated with Avid or Forbid. I understand how difficult this situation can be because of all the recommendations out there telling growers to treat with these chemicals. These situations are made even more complicated when you were highly dependent upon these plants finishing out....

Peace best of luck

2chains

2011rex87;
What protocol do you use for bug prevention in your grow?

I'm two weeks in my first indoor grow with my seedlings and looking at insect frass to keep the bugs away.

2011rex87;
What protocol do you use for bug prevention in your grow?

I'm two weeks in my first indoor grow with my seedlings and looking at insect frass to keep the bugs away.

Washing your hands and changing clothes if you've been in contact with outdoor plants that could harbor them would be a good idea. Small flies and moths can carry them so im sticking a uv fly trap above my door to catch any that make it in. Predatory mites can prevent a infestation and heat treatments can clear them up. Im leary of spraying pesticides or anything all the time so im going to heat treat my room, get some predators and hopefully never get them again.

H.Stoner

wondering

wondering

I can attest to this.
While a two spotted spider mite can be seen & identified with the naked eye, russets cannot be seen without magnification.
With the naked eye, Russet mites appear to me microscopic worms that can barely be seen moving.
I identified Russet mites with a cheap microscope set at 60X.

If you don’t remove those plants from your grow space immediately, you more than likely will be chopping down a failed grow in the future.

exactly which cheap scope did you use ? i can't find any that gets good reviews and it's annoying after looking at the same crap for 10 yrs. grrr

Latest posts

Latest posts