What's new

Ventilation & Co2 advice on 10x10 flower room

@FarmerJoe

Someone has a 10x10x8 GGT flower tent split into two 5x10's. Each 5x10 side has (3) 1200 watt led lights with all 5w diodes & (5) 84 watt led side bars with all 3w diodes enclosing its 5x10 area. There is a UC6XL for the hydro system on each 5x10 side lined up with 2 plants per 1200 watt light. There is a 5x9 GGT veg tent with (3) 1200 watt led lights with all 5w diodes and another UC6XL working in conjunction with the flower tent to run a perpetual harvest of 6 plants every 30 days. These tents are inside of a 40x40 central heat and airconditioned room. My friend is looking for advice on how to setup ventilation equipment such as exhaust & intake fans and how to incorporate co2. The only thing is my friend does not want to have to cut holes in the ceiling to vent the heat out. The ventilation equipment currently had is an 8" hyper fan 710 cfm with 8" phresh carbon filter, (3) 6" hyper stealth fan 315 cfm with (3) 6" phresh scrubbers.There is also (4) 9" circulation fans one on each corner of the 10x10.The co2 equipment is a 50 lb co2 tank. What is the best way to setup the ventilation equipment as far as placement and if all of it is needed? Also what is the best co2 controller to get to integrate with or control the ventilation equipment and is it possible to maintain 1200ppm of co2 for both 5x10 spaces with just one co2 tank and one oscillating fan to disperse co2? Any other advice on how to improve this grow would be greatly appreciated.

Floridian

Veteran
I'm a little confused but I did read it twice to make sure I wasn't missing something.I run an 8 by 8 flower room with co2 enrichment also.I'm not sure why you're concerned with ventilation if you running a room with co2.I guess some folks do it that way just to get some fresh air in there.I put a fart fan in the ceiling to use during lights off but during lights on I have zero air exchange.Its always worked out good for me

Are temps running high? If not, theres no reason to exhaust while lights are on. Its a waste of co2.

Exhausting at night is to get rid of excess humidity.

Co2 controllers are expensive and from my experience they dont last.

Just get a regular timer and calculate your injection times with a co2 calculator online. Two smaller tanks would be better than one big one for both rooms. Im not sure how you could do that without manually switching but im sure there is a way.

Good luck.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
One does not ventilate CO2 rooms, as it would suck out all your CO2. You have to air condition that room and seal it up airtight. Use a a dehumidifier to help keep RH low during dark hours. See my sig for a good tutorial on cO2 rooms.

IsolateSystems

Make sure you connect with you local fire department and have "audio" and "visual" alarms with a fan that reaches 1cfm in your lab. Essentially a CO2 extractor is a fire extinguisher, so you really just want to make sure O2 is in the air.

Latest posts

Latest posts