What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Say Cheese Girls"

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just use fan's to supply Co2. House is fairly small, like you say an 8x8 is going to get up there from a few hours work.. I personally overload the fans.. Gas bottles really don't do much when I tried Andy. They didn't work for friends either. It just cost more.. We don't have the heat here to use it as a gas like you mate.. Heating the grow all week to use it is nonsense.. Might as well just give them air. If they need anything they can get it from gaseous exchange.. With all the nasty critters where you are i'd have the room shut!

Andyo

Veteran
heat humidity bugs

heat humidity bugs

with outside air sometimes 35 c and 90% humidity i cant remove the moisture ac then pointless too.
Sealed is only way.
Silent sealed running.A

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Will you dump air in the Evenings Andy? Like when the plants respire and need to sweat out.. What will you do to combat rise in Humidity? Heat the room or do you intend to dump the air?

It sounds like a sweat box... I'm sure you'll manage mate to cope.

Blackmans law is the limiting factor so I found out with this grow.. Mine was not enough available Calcium..

What you going to grow mate? Cheese x NL Fem's or the big bud thing?

Andyo

Veteran
veg cab same room

veg cab same room

Ac runs 24/7 the veg room is built out if aluminium angle and black corex mylared inside 2.4 mtrs high 1,2 metres square that vented into the room takes advantage of the co2 out put of the 12/12 lights in dark period ,co2 switches back on with the 12/12 lights so dehum set at what humidity i want which is 65%

I fine tuned the 6kw grow like this humidity and temperture fresher than you think ,the choice of normal dehum effect or dry cycle on the 20,000 btu mini split was excelent,chances are wont rall need the sepperat dehunidifier but itll be set on its humidistat nonethe less
Only ting is i cant be seen running 5 ft bottles of Co2 to n from the welding supplies they dont as far as i know have smaller ally bottles.
3 floor place i owned had big roller shutters ground floor and my workshop and a deliberate welding set up and work bench for curious eyes

one thing i want to do is measure Co2 concentration in the ac condensate ,i used all the condensate for tank top ups before and it was then i remembered the ph run off and tank ph balance in flowering room i didnt use it in veg room just rain water.
As we conversed upon before Co2 concentration in water is at atmospheric level so the room being at 1000 ppm itll be interesting to see in pot ph.
12/12 is also not in a tent sauna ,lol will be stainless box section frame bolt together 18 inch gap top an bottom of mylar on curtain wire whole room air movement atmosphere fluctuation at minimum .A

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I spent a hour today and pulled out all the dead stuff @ the back. Actually I used my hoover.. 'Henry' he's great. The tent is spotless and the dead stuff is no more.. Nothing to piss me off @ harvest

I'll get some pic's taken tomorrow, the plants start the 8th week today and look like they are ready but could still go longer.

I have fed them with a tablespoon of 'BlackLable' active molasses I diluted with some tepid water and added it to the watering can. They have been flushing for over 3 weeks so far..

I also raised the lamp as far as it will go about 1.5' from the tops, I have a length of string with a loop in it and it's marked in inches, this can be placed round the bulb and will mark out the centre point for lamp placement and manoeuvring as well as being used in the distancing of each top ;) Most of the leaf damage you see if from where the plants were most 'active' the calcium issue was in the leaves working hardest. It's not going to be a problem @ harvest but I will be trimming these plants wet.

I plan to dry the pots out now and not water again until The pots are light and I will water once more and turn the light off and allow them to die and I shall cut them from dark.

J man

Ch eeee is something I thought I grew before but it turned out to be kandy kush when I got to the btooto, of it

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So I have cut back watering to 1 litre per day per pot and the soil is almost constantly dry, humidity has dropped to below 35% and the temps are 19c lights off and 23c on..

The smell is really unique. I grew a tent of cheese on coco and it isn't this good or as fruity frosty or as pungent despite the problems with this grow.

I have decided to run them for 70 days :biggrin:

Not sure what day they are on now but it can only be a day or so before the end of the 8th week.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just sampling some of the lowers that I cleared out that were hanging into the pots.. They smoke so clean, the weeds luminous green almost, it's been hanging is a dedicated dry room set to 35% and 18c.. My friend says that it's the best weed i've grown and it's SHIT!!!! Fresh as a motherfucker.. It's basically sold itself now ;)

I'll report more later but this is smoking so so clean and it burns a dream so i am gonna Kick back for 40 winks ;)

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry folks I went away for a few days fishing. the 70th day is today.. I'll get a camera in there tomorrow not seen them in a week or more.. They will be chopped in a few days.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So I Have watered the back 2 plants tonight for the last time the front ones are coming out. I have already done one today and I'm having a break, there's a surprise inside the tent. I stuck an Amnesia inside the middle of the canopy to get it going for some seeds but the male failed to cut it so she's been left there. She's got the area to herself where the other plant was and I shall finish her under a clf perhaps.

She's all bud!!! :biggrin: Very tight internode space.. She's the #1 with the lemon drizzle 'Amyl acetate' fuel funk.. Knockout smoke done fast.. 8-9 out of 10... Done in 9

My cuttings are potted on and looking like they need to get into the big pots and thinks with the Cheese are looking up..

It's Purple... I'll add some pic's here later when I have cleaned up a bit.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I delayed trimming some more.. I have now got 1 plant to do. I know that the difference between the first massacre and the second has made a 2 ounce difference there abouts to the plants :biggrin: no mould what so ever. Basically it's perfect. Couldn't ask for more. The fuck up was 100% work it for the knowledge gained... (Even some of the stuff I have treated better, yellows out after this long and purpleness) I'll put some pic's up when I have clean hands. I have had to box some up to hang the rest ;)

:dance013: It's ream... If I gave it another few days it would make trimming difficult.. This isn't a hash crop...:)

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Harvest was no issues. Stag night was a problem ;) as was wedding weekend so I delayed ;) Been boxing it up. It's some Fire.. Still trimming other stuff.. Life's long ATM... :party:

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes HGO. I like a bit of Skeletor ..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_25V3vP15Y

I'm going to se LLP this weekend with a big bag of SKUNK, so we can do a communal smoke report. Check out what flowers the 'Collective' have got laying about ;)

I need to get myself a lens that shoots in F2 and a 35-50ml macro lens at some point. Manual focus with this big fucker is very tricky..