What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Indoor Aquaponics mini farm

lovemaker

I've got big yield of cannabis in aquaponics. I added chelated iron into the system. Without it don't expect to see any buds.

Hmmmm, so I guess Dion removed all his pics are info. Is he gone or banned? Too bad I've been fooling around with aquaponics for about a year.. Yes it works wonderfully for vegetative growth and fast growing greens, I'm willing to bet that you can use aquaponics to grow cannabis all the way through vegetative growth without adding any other type of supplements or fertilizers and achieve fast lush growth without any deficiencies or very minor ones at most. Nitrite, nitrate and beneficial bacteria are the magical Ingredients as a by product of fish waste. I want to try it for weed just to see..

picture.php

picture.php

Ihad this going this winter. I've since then modified things but I want to start something bigger and badder, I want to start a thread on aquaponics and try it out for cannabis vegetative growth. I have a lot of other threads started and have to start my 2017 outside veggie garden soon and my little greenhouse project so it might take a few months before I get to it... But it's coming for sure.

picture.php

This is what it looks like now, haven't really had the time to do much.. It's an old corner bath tub that I kepts when I renovated my bathroom last year, it has about 13 goldfish, contains 55 gal of water and has a 300+ gph pump sucking water through a filter to hoses with 1/4" sprayers, right now just tomatoes in hydroton by I've also tried romaine lettuce and oak leaf lettuce and aragula with amazing succes, tastiest greens I've ever grown, you get a high quality finish product with great nutritional content and also a juicy finished product vs lettuce grown in dirt which get uneven waterings. Probably a much longer shelf life also. No wonder these aquaponic producers are getting top dollar for their crops.

Tomatoes we're clonesv taken from outside plants last year and had aphids on them.. I haven't taken much care of them in last few months and we're infested with pink and brown aphids, I cleaned everything and only kelt a few plants, and sprayed them with safers miticide but it's hard to spray when they are growing above the fish can't really spray bug spray on your fish..I have to add more fluorescent lighting and things should go back to normal soon.