What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Carolina Reaper HOT Pepper

no I didn't read it. I am going to now though. and thanks for answering my question anyways even though the answer was already there for me to read

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
b huts were hot enough for me...couldn't imagine more heat...hell I only grew the b huts to shut up my neighbor who bragged Mexicans can eat any pepper and laugh.......he didn't laugh when he ate one...yeehaw...watching a Mexican turn red,sweat profusely and have tears running down their face= priceless

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Posturing Mexicans must be as annoying as the Thai and their ketchup-esque idea of "Thai-hot"

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And imagine...the Reaper can be 2x as hot as the Ghost...hehehe.

"weapons grade" peppers for sure...

dank.Frank

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
poke hole in egg... empty contents... insert dry reapers in powdered form... lol.... thats evil.

Space Toker

Veteran
well all I have now is scorpions in buckets, but I plan to try the Carolina Reaper, and of course I am going to eat them... geez Americans are wimps when it comes to heat! :D ;)
I am not able to "handle the heat" like I used to, but I will still try! I used to be able to eat a whole habanero bit by bit with one slice of bread, no sweat, well yes sweat but you know what I mean! Wasabi and horseradish? Used to inhale that stuff practically! Now, with heartburn meds and all, have to take it a lot slower/lighter than I used to! I intend to eat the scorpions and the reapers after that! Just hopefully in a recipe that will bring it down to habaneor level heat. In reference to my "Americans" comment, I am "russian" to most people, White or well, mom's ancestors from Belarus, father was Tartar and Russian...so yes belo or byelo or whatever... anyway, my mother's folks always used to say how "pahngyelskis" (english speakers, no real "y" sound maybe slightly but mainly put there to make you know that part is not pronounced like silica "gel") were so much weaker than us (spritually or not as brave), so yes don't consider myself a "real" American or I do but ancestry first, and think my grandparents were right at least as far as heat tolerance goes! I go to restaurants and order the spiciest version and it barely has any heat to me. So I am anxious to try this and surely someone must have some recipes on how to use it!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@space toker - an orange habenero = 385,000 scovile or if it is a red savina = 525,000

A Reaper = 1,560,000 - 2,200,000

You'd have to thin a Reaper down quite a bit to make it bearable by those standards...

dank.Frank

Space Toker

Veteran
yeah so like 10 to 1 or 1 to 10 (which is it? that always confused me).... 10 to 1 right? In other words 1 ounce of the reaper equal to 10 of the habanero.. so you'd have to make one huge pot of chile for that to work! :D

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
yeah so like 10 to 1 or 1 to 10 (which is it? that always confused me).... 10 to 1 right? In other words 1 ounce of the reaper equal to 10 of the habanero.. so you'd have to make one huge pot of chile for that to work! :D

heatunits.png

The reaper is a step below military pepper spray... probably shouldn't be cooked without using a respirator mask with eye protection and neoprene gloves LOL

The Revolution

Veteran
Id like to try growing these. Ive been growing a variety of habaneros, and really enjoy them. Where can I source these seeds?

Useful Idiot

Veteran
OK...I stumbled upon this thread...stoned and reading about these super hot peppers. I like to help out where I can. I'm old now and I have an ulcer and whatever...not supposed to eat spicy foods. Yeah....right!! The hottest I can go right now is the Red Savina. But it must be diluted...still get massive heat but it is diff with this recipe. I take jalapeno peppers fresh and cut em lengthwise. Take out only the seed. Heat a pot of water to boiling...throw em in for about 4-5 mins. Then place them in very cold water.Take a package of softened Philly cream cheese, add a partial handful of sharp cheddar cheese, add some bacon crumbles...Oscar or Hormel pre pack is fine. NO FAKE ASS BACON BITS!! Now, I take a couple Red Savinas and put them in my food proc. Then add that to the cream cheese mix. Stir well. Fill the jalapeno halves with this mixture...bake in the oven for about 15 mins at 375...or until cheese mixture is melted. Just an amazing taste with great heat. I hope one of you try this. It actually is delicious. And you can try this with any of your SUPER hot peppers.:biggrin:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hehehe I've been waiting all year for Morouga poppers :D

Id like to try growing these. Ive been growing a variety of habaneros, and really enjoy them. Where can I source these seeds?

dank.frank is on target. All I would mention, is avoid ebay, Amazon and PepperJoe, and you'll be fine.

Latest posts

Latest posts