What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Canadian Dispensarie Laws

stonerloner822

Sup, I was wondering if anybody from up North knows the method to start a legal dispensary like Tweed or the other companies. Now I live in the outskirts of SouthWest Nova Scotia out in the country, I'm currently saving up for the gear, and I only plan on having a small compassion club style business for a few script holders, any idea how to go along that method? I know a bit of the old laws for licensed growers but nothing bout this new shit lol. With the current plitical scene next year, given the liberals win the current upcoming federal election, pot's going to be legalized up here withing the next couple years if not sooner so I figured now would be the time to jump in, I ain't planning on starting right away, so if anybody knows any articles on this can ya post it here, I'm so busy lately I barely have time to check my email with this damned work schedule I figured I'd post this to get a hand.

S

sourpuss

Gotta apply under the new rules. Google. I found it easily. Health canada .... marijuana.... producer.. etc.

stonerloner822

Okay lol, when I googled it all that came up were links to the old laws, I'll take a look in a bit. Sorry been real busy after that c*** sucker Arthur came through, he destroyed a fair bit of property and my neighbors power's still out, gotta help 'em with the firewood and water atm, plus a thunder storm f***ed up ther house and she a few days ago, at least I ain't gotta babysit the brats anymore lol.

stonerloner822

Thanks, I found an article on CC telling how to do it.
What most people don't realize is if they research it, that these dipensaries all need their license fom somewhere, and tweed is f***ing retarted for its prices $13 a gram for OG kush, a friend of mine gets me it for several $ a g and it's higher quality I find. Another thing a lot don't know is until the upcoming court case is settled, you don't need a prescription with this, but it's best to have it. I'm going to post a thread on the legal situation for Canadian's who don't know their rights, it can be confusing as hell am.

blastfrompast

Veteran
Unless you have DEEP pockets you have no chance.....I stopped dreaming when I started to add up the costs to do it to the specs required....

stonerloner822

Yeah, I have a prescription atm and you can legally grow 5 lant, so I may grow 5 and sell to a few friends with scripts, I don't want to get rich, just help people out, it's more of a compassin club than a dispensary, I got confused in the terms, these damn companies I have to pay ridiculously stupid amounts because I smoke heavy, so I figure I can help a few friends out withot it being a problem.

blastfrompast

Veteran
stonerloner...
So you have a 1g/day licence under the old system is what your saying then.

You can't legally sell your excess product to anyone.

Want to start a Compassion Club...just copy any of the existing models and keep a lawyer on retainer...Register with one or 2 and you will quickly realize how they work...or at least how the mail-order/website only ones work.

Or just quietly help out your LEGAL friends....If your legal...and they are legal...who's to say who's meds they are..you might have a hope in hell of beating a PPT charge in that scenario...

now flopping to non-med patients...that is called trafficking....and the cops tend to REALLY frown on this.

stonerloner822

stonerloner...
So you have a 1g/day licence under the old system is what your saying then.

You can't legally sell your excess product to anyone.

Want to start a Compassion Club...just copy any of the existing models and keep a lawyer on retainer...Register with one or 2 and you will quickly realize how they work...or at least how the mail-order/website only ones work.

Or just quietly help out your LEGAL friends....If your legal...and they are legal...who's to say who's meds they are..you might have a hope in hell of beating a PPT charge in that scenario...

now flopping to non-med patients...that is called trafficking....and the cops tend to REALLY frown on this.

Actually with a thorough understanding of the compassion club system you would come to the understanding that with a doctor on call to validate prescriptions, a security system, a reduction of traffic to your house, location, and if you looked under current laws marijuana is a taxable product under the GST tax, and all this combined with a nonprofit organization certficate you'd be able to procure a license to distribute. Now I am currently working on a thread to introduce the actual facts including the tendencies of RCMP about personal use. And yes I agree it would be a good idea to have a lawyer on retainer, and yes I do have my prescription. Not to start a flaming war but I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't imply I am doing anything illegal because to be honest I litterally don't care about money, not that I have enormous amounts to spend I'm not an idiot, but I hate the entire concept of a murdered tree being destroyed all for a piece of paper with a few numbers on it which is KNOWN to be one of the main cause of corruption. As for trafficking I'm not implying I know more than you, but I have a fairly decent understanding of trafficking laws, which is my number one concern, I only intend to do this to help pay the bills. Now on that note I'm planning on 7 friends, each limited to an ounce a week at 20$ ounce. In the article I'll include a file I ran into along my readings, you see I signed several petitions and one in particular was very helpful as I contacted the organizer in regards to a copy of all medical reports, documentation, statistics and all other topics of medicinal marijuana and recieved it in full. Now this I'm not bragging about, just a little foreshadowing (or foreplaying), before I have the final copy complete, why not look into it and tell me what you think? I meant no insult in what I said above, infact just the opposite. You see, no offence, but it's that kind of advice that sends people down the wrong track and away from their goals, but you had some good points. Now I can see why you'd say "IF", but that can easily start off a flame war. Lol, in your ways you have your understandings on certain subjects but in all actuality this thread wasn't just intended to enform me, but the entire public and if you had an understanding of criminal cases you'd know any man or woman over the age of 18 can grow 5 flowering plants in a soil based medium ithout the worry of being busted on cultivation because to a judge that's a waste of time and money if you play your part, no SoG/SCRoG/Hydro (please correct if wrong, still looking into the SCRoG aspect with 5 plants and still havn't determined a definitive answer). Lol, now I have a question for you, if a young man came to you whom you knew very well and asked that same question would your answer have been the same? Because in the above quote, you shall notice a few of spelling mistakes, my keyboard sticks but it's fairly obviously stating exactly what you said, but for clarification I'll fix 'er up. Well the reason I'm asking is I'm only 19, and believe it or not people my age like me exist with a thirst for knowledge on subjects that interest them and because of basic stereotypes, (admit it, you could tell, that's why you said "IF" =-P), we tend to turn for help to an older more experienced crowd in that field of expertise, but, in this field younger new comers tend to be shunned upon in ways that depict us as untrustworthy, inhonest, stupid and to be completely honest it's views like these that turn younger generations away from growing because a lot of my friends are so skeptical about the legality of 5 personal plants, because let me tell you this if you look at the political future of Canada's next election you will notice that it's tending to be an upwards view for Justin Trudeau and the Liberals which has been consistant for the majority of the last year keeping them ahead by a signifigant margin, a site for those interested in that as ell, (don't mean to advertise), is www.threehundredeight.com because they don't poll, they do satistic analysis of the polls containing to specific ridings which would impact a large segment of the Federal election, thus allowing the average person like you and I can easily understand due to the reporters insight and ability to maintain an easily understood concept explaing it in simple terms, kind of like Ryan Riley the author of Growing Elite Marijuana, the bible I'm going by for my grows as a blueprint lol. Lol, sorry man you caught me on some good kush atm and you caught the topic of my insites which in time to come will be noticably more frequent as I get started because I intend to post a thread going into simplestic terms for the younger crowd because I'll be completely honest with you, when I started doing mine outdoors
`a while back I wouldn't have been able to get the knowledge for my girls had it not been for an older friend who guided me, and know there's a LOT of confused young guys out there, so I decided f*** it I'll start my journals from the beginning no matter how many f*** ups, I just want to help people that can't typically grow due to certain conditions. If anybody thinks I'm bullsh*tting no offense but f*** off I don't have time for hipocrites, not you brother but anybody after this post lol, this shoullda been my introduction but I made this account and got locked up for 3 days for growing pot, on house arrest no script and as I attended court a psychiatrist had my charges dropped and got me my script which is why I'm doing this, now if a 19 yearold with a legal aid can beat the crown on cultivation with intent to distribute because there were 6 plants of which 3 were females 2 were males and a hermie, any one can, just an example from my personal experiences. And by the way, just because they say 5 plants there's no actual height restriction so you can grow 5lbs given the conditions are met for those f***ers lol. I wouldn't try that right away but I'm the type I'm always pushing forward.

Yeah, I have a prescription atm and you can legally grow 5 plants, so I may grow 5 and sell to a few friends with scripts, I don't want to get rich, just help people out, it's more of a compassion club than a dispensary, I got confused in the terms, these damn companies I have to pay ridiculously stupid amounts because I smoke heavy, so I figure I can help a few friends out without it being a problem.

woolybear

Veteran
stonerloner

using paragraphs makes words readable and you come off less as a rambling crazy person

are you on a mobile device or something?

paragraphs please

Latest posts

Latest posts