What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New to organic hydro

Shulman

Hello i am a noob to organic hydro and am wondering a few things.What medium is normally the best to use for organic hydro coco or rockwool and hydroton?With coco can you use worm castings and bat guano in the coco and top feed like in soil, use microbial teas and use mycorrhizal?with rockwool must all the organic nutrients be supplied via the water and no top feeding as it will go in res?And when running a top feed drip system with rockwool do you just need a biofilter and to aerate the res nutrients and the correct nutrient combination?

Thanks a lot I know it is a lot of questions but those are the main things i am confused about

are you dead set on organic hydro? i mean you can achieve the same results with much less cost input and less problems by mixing up a coco or soil base mix. It gives you the advantage over rockwool of a biologically active terrestrial environment where many of the organisms that are symbiotic with cannabis thrive.

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is to much to include for just ONE point of view. I say trial and error and see what works best for you.

Rockwool I will say I don't like. There are far to many others out there that fit the bill much better.

S

Sat X RB

I believe Soil to be simpler in the long run ... if you know about soils and make them yrself.

but use the easiest way for you. make a start. any start! because the Learning is in the DOING!

cheers ...

coldcanna

Veteran
I wouldn't recommend hydro on your very first run... There's a lot of little details that you start to pick up on and you don't need the added headache of PPM's and PHing your hydro system everyday. 5 gallon buckets of promix, espoma garden tone and some compost manure, feed them once a week using the Lucas formula and your have a pretty easy and proven formula to start out with.

C

ct guy2

I would agree that soil is way easier. Just invest in a good soil and then it comes down to proper watering. No messing with pH, fertilizers, EC, etc....the microbes take care of it for you.

C

ct guy2

But organic nutes will regulate the pH, thats the reason why you'll never have to use a pH adjuster when you're growing organic.

It's actually the microbial community that regulates the pH, not the nutrients themselves.

Latest posts

Latest posts