What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Orchid growers

Terroir

last ones.

Attachments

• SDC13737.jpg
    SDC13737.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 16
  • SDC13742.jpg
    SDC13742.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 15
  • SDC13741.jpg
    SDC13741.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 15
  • SDC13744.jpg
    SDC13744.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 17
  • SDC13743.jpg
    SDC13743.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 18

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
Terroir, nice story and pics mate.Bet your ole house is grand !!

I Bet your old collection lit up plenty of homes and faces too.

Thanks and respect.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All your orchids are so pretty, I tried to grow one a while back, killed in a few months,. I think they are so delicate and colorful, Im going to try again some day. Thanks for showing us the lovely orchids..

Whipit

All your orchids are so pretty, I tried to grow one a while back, killed in a few months,. I think they are so delicate and colorful, Im going to try again some day. Thanks for showing us the lovely orchids..

They are actually one of the easiest plants to grow. Just don't get one from a big box store. Start with an easy phal or cat from a grower. Water a little bit every two weeks. Feed a couple of times per year. If the roots sit in water, the plant will die. My problem is that they grow and need to be divided too often.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They are actually one of the easiest plants to grow. Just don't get one from a big box store. Start with an easy phal or cat from a grower. Water a little bit every two weeks. Feed a couple of times per year. If the roots sit in water, the plant will die. My problem is that they grow and need to be divided too often.

Yeah whip it, I got one for 5 a bucks at a farmers market,so it wasn't a big deal. I will find another one and try again.
Jiggly your pic is beautiful.

N

noyd666

:biggrin: hi, this might be handy for some .
how to grow orchids in semi hydro pots ehow.com. got orchids outside now ,no idea the name ,but they are pretty tough,pretty plants, fella at orchid nursury uses cheap heaters in winter, and 400 watters' over his to get double the growth in one season.:artist:

Fi_Di_Bot

Son Of Botany - Green Block Original Shrdana
Veteran
some of my wild sardinia's dwarf orchis. is illegal to take them from the countryside but i collect them in a private garden before they start to build an house there. i've them from 2 years and they bloom in march
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN0037.jpg
    DSCN0037.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCN0069.jpg
    DSCN0069.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN0068.jpg
    DSCN0068.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 15

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
from down under

from down under

This tiny native orchid is roughly the size of your little pinky fingernail

picture.php

Rock orchid aka King orchid - is lithophytic ie. grows on rocks.

picture.php

Terroir

Love the rock orchid smurf. Got heaps of them. On still days in flower they reek up my front porch.

I found a run down nursery out in the sticks and out the back he had heaps and heaps of massive ones cheap. Bought a ute full then told a friend of my mum with a big country house in the mountains and 4 acres of proper garden. She bought the bloody lot. No more rock orchids.

N

noyd666

ers' anotherie me arties,yo. dont know name ,forgot like always.

Last edited:

Fi_Di_Bot

Son Of Botany - Green Block Original Shrdana
Veteran
amazing plants...
my gf loves to make cookies and cakes so for x-mass i gift her with this vanillla planifolia orchid
attachment.php

she will flower once she got about 4/5 mt long... but no experience with her. have a nice time

Attachments

• DSCN0536.jpg
    DSCN0536.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 13

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
i bought a few not that long ago to trail up an inside wall.. thanks to clarence for his thread on his vanilla plant for making me think about it..

remember to foliar feed regularly and flush through with rain water or r/o water once a week or so to avoid any salt build up, they like to grow up something like a roll covered in moss or similar :tiphat: