What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

(Complete) 1200W seed SOG, 12/1, FMS Superskunk, Easy Sativa, WWxBB, KC Brains KC33(f

TLoft13

(Complete) 1200W seed SOG, 12/1 lighting, FMS Superskunk, Easy Sativa, WWxBB, KC Brains KC33(fem.)

Wanted to give you all a quick view of my first ever indoor run- i'm sure you'll have a good laugh. :biggrin:

picture.php

Equipment: Homebox XXL(2,4mx 1,2mx 2m),
2 600W Phillips magnetic ballasts, shitty secondhand reflectors, HPS
400cbm exhaust+ Filter, going to a silencer and then out the boxed cellar-window
Passive, filtered intake
Temperature/Humidity: 28°C/ 50-60% RH day,20°C/ 50% RH night
2x 45cbm circulation fans
4l pots (soil) Running wet- total dry cycles.
GHE Floranova onepart fertilizer
My water has a base EC of 0,5, i was running a combined EC of 1,0 to 1,6 during flower. Ph of 6,5.

I made many mistakes and had quite a bit of problems. Point for point:
1.) I was so enthusiastic to begin i didn't properly check for lightleaks, and didn't do a "dryrun". Had to reinstall equipment with plants in tent and equipment running, PITA. Some hermies. Lessons learned: Prepare properly, do a dryrun.
2.) Lighttimer died on me. Plants got 10 extra days of 24/0 veg. Lessons learned: Don't buy cheap, regularly controll equipment.
3.) 1 Ballast burned out. Without proper precautions the house may have burned. Lessons learned: Don't buy cheap, it might kill you.
4.) The used reflector has screws on the backside UNDER CURRENT! Stunned myself with 240V, painfull. Lessons learned: Don't buy cheap, it might kill you.
5.) The reflectors have a too small a footprint for 1,2mx1,2m. When i tried to even out the canopy in the usual way(small plants under the light, large ones in the periphery), the large ones stretched even more. Of course i needed some time until i realized this. Lessons learned: Don't buy cheap.
6.) Got smell leakage in flower. Took me 2 weeks of frantic searching and mental anguish to realize it's the -new- carbonfilter. Growshop was an total ass about it and didn't want to give me a refund. Lessons learned: Use another growshop.
7.) I once let the soil become too dry. All plants threw away alot of leaves. Lessons learned: The margin between "dry" and dried out is really small in such small containers. Controll often.
But in the end, i was more than happy.

picture.php

picture.php

Just short of 600g of really nice bud and icehash, putting me at 0,5g/W or 0,25g/W/month or 50% efficiency. Or a bit better, considering i used 12/1 and less energy.

Additional pictures in my album, if somebody is interested.

TLoft13

Woot man, from you that's a real compliment! Much appreciated!
One of the best parts is all the positive feedback- everybody who tried it sofar was very happy with it...including myself!

B

BredForMeds

wats this 12/1 .. 12 off 1 on? or 12 on 1 off? I haven't tried this.. but I honestly thought it could work.. but didn't know if its really worth it in the end..