What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what is wrong?

WasntMe

what is wrong?

Well, to start ...your picture is pink and out of focus.
I suggest either adjusting your white balance to correct the color or put the plant in bright natural light before taking a picture. As far as the focus, lay off the 16cups of coffee or at least get a Tripod.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
You'll also get better replies if you answer the questions in the sticky at the top of this forum here... :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

massiwo

What STRAIN are you growing? Bubblelicious
What was the establishing technique? seeds
What is the age of your plants? 4-5 weeks
What PHASE are the plants in? VEG
What Technique are you using?
What substrate/medium are you using? RockWool
What is the Nutrient temperature?
What Nutrient's are you using? metrop
What is the TDS/EC/PPM you are using?
What is the pH of the "Tank"? 5.9
Are you sure your calibration is correct on your equiptment?
When was your last watering? 4 times /24 for 15 min
When was your last feeding change? (ie. grow-bloom-micro-additional)
What size bulb are you using? LED lamp 240w
What is the distance to the canopy? 40cm
What is your RH Factor?
What is the canopy temperature?
What is the Day/Night Temp? 25/20
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? no
Is your water HARD or SOFT?
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned off of or pinched? pruned 2 weeks ago
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so, What and When?
Are plant's infected with pest's

S

SeaMaiden

You have a mild magnesium deficiency possibly coupled with the beginning of a mild potassium deficiency.

You should include a lot more pictures with requests for help. We need to see both close-ups of the problem areas, as well as shots of the whole plant so we can see WHERE the problem is occurring. This is essential for good diagnosis.

S

SeaMaiden

I know nothing about the nutrients you say you're using, but I do believe (don't quote me and don't hold me to this, I've never done clay balls or rockwool grows) that the pH may need to not only be dropped, but allowed to range a bit more. It's really not that bad, what I see, but it's resembling a K deficiency, yet it's in the wrong place.

How come you have all those cups and the big thing with the towel in it? If you're trying to raise humidity you'll do better increasing the surface area of whatever you're using to hold the water; i.e. a cookie sheet vs a cup, may hold the same amount of water (volume) but has an exponentially greater surface area. Try hanging the towel and wetting it, for instance.

massiwo

http://www.metrop.nl/ - that't the product that I use.

I do not know other way than use clay balls and rockwool in Wilma systems.. what system do you have?

you right I want to increase humidity because it is 35-45

how can I fix nute issue? should I add more nute to the water?

S

SeaMaiden

Ok, those pix are still really difficult to see anything well from, but right now I'd say they're HUNGRY. They need nitrogen, calcium, potassium, and magnesium.

The overall color is too light a shade of green (indicative of N-).
Interveinal chlorosis of lower, mid, and upper leaves says N- with a Mg- to my eyes.
Leaf tips and margins dying back says K-.
Ca is immobile and so must be laid down sufficiently, and is required for proper interactions with other elements/nutrients.

I have grown in soil, pure perlite, and coco coir. My most extensive experience is in soil and coir growing methods.

I can't decipher that nutrient site until I can get a Dutch friend of mine online to help me with it.

massiwo

on the webpage on the top right you can select english. at the moment I use MR1, Amino Root and Calgreen.

I was worried that leaves are burned and I have to stop nute but if you think that they are hungry I will increase watering intervals from 4x15 min to 8x15 min p/24h and will see...

I will take photos tomorrow.

S

SeaMaiden

Thanks for that. So, which product(s) are you using? They have what I can only qualify as a "shit ton."

S

SeaMaiden

You have a potassium deficiency that is starting out by mimicking a magnesium deficiency. I don't like the ratio of the MR1, I think it needs a higher amount of potassium. However, since they have an overall hungry appearance to them, I suggest SLIGHTLY raising the amount of the MR1.

This illustrates why it can be difficult to follow a manufacturer's feeding schedule--all plants, all strains, are different, and they can be MARKEDLY different in their feeding needs and requirements.

I'd also throttle back on the Amino Root.

massiwo

ok so I will put extra nutes and increase watering time. I hope it is not to late..

Thanks!

btw I have never seen so hungry plants... :)

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Drop your ph to the range of 5.5 to 5.8. I ran rockwool for quite some time and they always preformed better for me in that range.
Be careful of salt and algae buildup on the rockwool. The tops need to be kept clean for air transference during the flush. Also keeps problems from developing in the cube. Flush 1 time a month with a clearx type product or a with a very low ppm nutrient solution.
How old are the plants?
What is the current ppm or EC of your nute mix?

massiwo

hi,

I do not know what is the ppm or EC because my meter has died, I have ordered a new one, hopefully I get it till Thursday..

Plants are in 5th week Veg

I still do not know is it because of over nutes or because they are hungry..

I left 24h dripping switched on, today I will change it to 15min/h

photos from today

WasntMe

Question for the rockwool guys, since I have never used the stuff..... Is all that algae a normal occurance? Seems like that would cause some issues, no?