What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Preliminary TimeLapse Trial: Sour60, 1 gal Root Builders, Blumats & 205w LED

WasntMe

Hello and Welcome to anyone that ends up stopping by.:tiphat:

First off- Thanks to MDanzig,:thank you: I will be using Sour60 for this test shoot.

My Ultimate Goal - The Idea is to try to TimeLapse document a Seed to Seed grow/life cycle. So I am not necessarily focused on yield numbers, gpw, etc. I am more interested in getting used to this strain and putting together a healthy environment for the plant to grow so I can spend the additional time/energy needed to actually attempt to photograph the whole process properly. I will probably have to do a couple of attempts to get timing, camera angles, macro shots and focus issues all in worked out and in sync to pull this off the way I want to.

Sour60- Those of you that are familiar and worked with the strain are encouraged to give me any insight along the way that you can. This will only help move me along towards my goal quicker.

LEDs- a 205w model is being used. This is not a thread for HID vs LED vs CFL arguments....This thread has nothing to do with the pros and cons of any light source so I kindly request that you keep you opinions to yourself on this matter while in this thread. This thread is not the place for this LED debate. Enough said.

Autos - I put this thread in the Auto section for basically the same reason I made the statement about LEDs above.... a debate on the merits of Autos is not desired nor wanted in this thread.

Blumats - I use these or sub irrigation buckets with every plant, in every garden. Spider, tomato, pepper or mj .... I prefer to use either of these to help lower my time wasted by hand watering. The time saved using these affords me the time to have hobbies and go on vacations. You can feel free to ask me any questions or share insights concerning Blumats but please realize that there are a couple of dedicated Blumat threads already that are packed with amazing/detailed info on how these work and work very well.

Cameras - I will be using a combination of Canon(two A480 and one SD880) P&S cameras running CHDK firmware so I have the ability to use intervalometers, white balance adjustments (LED color correction) at times and better manual focus adjustments. If you have a Canon and are not familiar with CHDK then I encourage you to check out the CHDK wiki. Ask questions if you like. Any other CHDK users are encouraged to chime in. I'm always interested in hearing what scripts others are using or have written. I use CHDK for time-lapse, obviously, but also for motion capture shots and lightning. Various C-clamps, suction cups, tripods and external lenses will be used to get the angle placement and colors "correct".

Tent - 2 tents available but I'm trying to keep this in my DR60 if possible.... a DR90II is available if needed for extra camera room is needed.

Pots - Root Builders II 1 gal each

Soil - Fox Farm OF and LW blend amended with a little blood and bone meal and has been cooked for over a year.

Nutrients - Fox Farm liquid line available but will get into what I end up using a little later. I could use some input from Sour60 users on a feeding regiment.

Germination will be a direct soil planting. My "Visible Root Box", as seen and used in other projects will be used again to capture some root growth action. I'll take pics of the whole setup of the next couple of days as things progress. I hope to be able to post pics and small time lapse clips along the way.
Hopefully this will be fun for more then just me :)

Pics and more info to come later tonight..........

Thanks everyone
-WasntMe
:thank you::thank you::thank you::thank you:

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Excellent!

I've always wanted to do a timelapse of an AF cycle, but no skills in that dept.

Good luck with it.

Mitch

WasntMe

Hey guys,
Thanks for your interest.
I'am actually continuing to edit a couple different angles of the the first couple of weeks tonight. I'm going back and forth between different angles of a few different plants for now. I probably have some teaser pics and short vid up within the week. I have a few thousand photos to edit first though.
It might take a few runs to get the video the way I want it but it's coming along :)

Latest posts

Latest posts