What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

starting seeds under 12/12 with intention to veg

sgapetti

Veteran
Wsup eol, i am about to sex my new batch of seedlings started on 12/12 from seed the coming week, 14 c99bx1 ( IX1 ) will post here the results 2 weeks after sexing by preflower , however this is the third batch of seedling sexed by this method and works just fine

Eol

awesome! I'll definitely be trying this out on my next seed run - it'll likely be Mosca's C99 so even better ;)

Thanks a lot dude :thank you:

sgapetti

Veteran
i have sexed 7 c99bx1 @ 12/12 from seed, those at transplant, just sexed
picture.php

i added 1 more next day

10 days later
picture.php

20 days from sexing and transplant , before flip
picture.php

Thank you all for the useful info
Peace S

slshemup

yes 12 on/12 off from seed is great for sexing regular strains switching them back to 18 on/6 off or 24 on after sexing saves alot of stuffing around.

sgapetti

Veteran
sexed @ 12/12 some new crosses to try, 1 week +- between pictures, back to 18/6 as soon as i spotted females preflowers,

picture.php

day 0 , 2/3 days after preflowers
picture.php

1 week later
picture.php

2 weeks later

Naut.s.33

So to be clear (i hope people will even look here hope the bump works) you guys just start the germination right in the flower room.

Soak seeds in water. Pop them in soil or whatever and cover (two solo cup style.) Sprout pops and uncover? Wait till sign of sex then veg. Just to confirm. I guess it might sound dumb but I like confirmation. So I know I understand right.

Manastasis

The left one is a male and males tend to be very difficult to bring back into veg after they show themselfs. Judging from the photo it looks like he was goin goin goin while that lovely lady came back to veg just fine. Are you trying to keep your males for breeding or just selecting for females? I have found that while this technique indeed works it dramaticly slows things up (reduces/stalls growth for about 3 weeks) and can hormonally confuse the plants, even causing herms in less stable genetics. Have you tried sexing under a blue specrum florescent light with a 14 or 16 hr day? They will stay in veg but show preflowers sooner than if using a red spectrum with the blue. Once sexed switch to your veg light and 18/6. Most plants will show themselfs naturally anyways under a 16 on 8 off cycle no matter what once they shift from their juvenile seedling stage to mature vegative growth (usually between 5th to 10th node. Nice looking plants btw!