What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Babba's Veggie Garden

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Coool image Mrs. B..those colors pop! I thought it was a painting at first. I put in some garden, actually way to much, I'll get some pix up soon...keep it green..DD

Drift13

Your garden looks wonderful. Around me it's mostly sand so I do a lot of bucket gardening. Big Box stores love my advertising with all the 5 gallon buckets I have.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Buurrr Babbas..I heard temps in your area plummented? We had a 28 last week and only 38 this morning. Cold nights must be tough on your garden. Hope it is still with us..DD

Clarence

FUZZY WUZZY
Veteran
I have done some veg indoors as well as outdoors and greenhouse this year. I have been using autopot system with a gravity fed feed:

here are my tomatoes, aubergines, baby corn and cucumbers respectively:

I have sweet peppers also, no picture yet but they have started to fruit.

yummy

Last edited:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Havent updated in a while, garden is rocking, eating lettuce and carrots daily. Cant wait for the maters!! Plants are loaded with little green ones, another month and we will be swimming in tomatoes...yummm

Clarence, your veggies look great, your hand looks a little sunburned, might want to use some sun screen hehe, thanks for sharing bud

Thanks for coming by zilla DD and Drift!
Have a great summer ya'll

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got some siamese tomatoes:

View Image

heheh Clarence, did you preform delicate surgery on them???

View Image

Are those Tater's in those 4 wood 2x2 boxes?

Yea Al they are...hopefully there will be some potatoes in there somewhere.

We take some of the squash and baste them in butter and garlic and grill em on the bbq, they are so yummy that way, love them :D

Spend a wonderful day at the lake and getting dinner ready soon..till then its PUFFS hehe

G

guest8905

Nice garden babbas'

Been harvesting snap peas and lettuce and cilantro and squash so far this summer. And i have kale up the ying yang. Waiting for my peppers, corn and brussel sprouts to finish though. My broccolli is almost ready for it's first chop too.

Happy gardening and thanks for sharing!

Go A's btw

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds like your garden is doing good Sticky, its such a wonderful thing.
We did some harvesting this morning and made some bags of carrots,onions,green beans to give to friends, we have so much theres no way can eat it all!!

picture.php

picture.php

Keep it green
puffs :D

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Denny, Gemista, wish we could share em with you all, deff have more then we can eat....our friends are going to hate us soon!! lol

I know these arent garden pics but who wants to look at veggies all the time....went to the lake today, was hotter then hell!! car temp said 107 when we got in at the end of the day, but thats sitting in the parking lot, prob a balmy 105 on the lake!! haha

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

RC boat that hauled ass!!

peace and puffs :D

I love everyones spaces!! looking reallll nice

This is my yard, We just moved in 2 years ago and this yard was flat nothing-ness so over the next few years the garden will grow as will the rest of the landscaping.

I make the most of my space, planting nitrogen fixing legumes all throughout, companion planting i.e. peas up all of the corn as well as in the back along the fence "Support in trade for soil enrichment" flowers scattered trough out picked for specific beneficial's they attract. + The garden is on a 3 year rotation plan mixing soil builders, heavy feeders and light.

5 varieties of tomatoes
4 varieties of carrots
3 varieties of squash
3 varieties of beans
5 varieties of nasturtiums "best tasting flower besides the ganja flower"

Few diff types of lettuce, 2 potatoes, "58 day SS corn, sooooo nice" + few otheres.

As I go through and pic everything, I plant buckwheat for my green manure, as the garden does not get anything but de-chlorinated water and compost in spring.

Non of my friends ever want to listen to me talk about my garden so I had to talk a little about it here... Thanx for listing.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I love growing veg as much, if not more than MJ. It is one of my passions, soon to be career. Thank you so much for taking the time to look!

(for canning)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

what is the secret to growing garlic anyway? this was my most sucessful year and all I got was small bulbs that are suitable for replanting. The "leafs" yeillowed and the stems got fragile and fell over and looked like some white stuff on the stems and then they browned and died. such a promising start with being able to plant some stuff in late march when normally that does not happen to may, but little to show for it so far. Some beans, zukes, and plenty of greens but most other stuff has done mediocre so far.

fukndenny

looking great everyone.

mrs b that water looks amazing, great blue color to it!

man sirtokesalot.. i am jealous.. cant wait til i can have a veggie garden again.

i plan on doin it next year ! :D

what is a good use for zuke clubs? I harvested 6 that weighed over 15 pounds total, and cooked and ground them up intending to make juice out it. Instead, it became more soup worthy. It has a slight subtle flavor but needs a whole lot more as it is almost tasteless. But it shows promise too, just needs some herb or sweetness or something. Any suggestions?

Latest posts

Latest posts