What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Babba's Veggie Garden

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello everyone, we are spending alot of time in the yard these days. Have been trying to get things cleaned up and ready for summertime fun stuff!

We wont be planting any cannabis plants in the garden this year, a few reasons, the major one being our town has got some strange rules about growing cannabis outside.

We started 40 early girl tomato seeds a while back and they grew into beauties. We planted 33 of them and gave the rest to a friend. We would have done them all but ran out of cages.

Then we have green beans, cucumbers, and peppers. 3 different kinds of peppers, bell, jalapeno and anaheim. Then theres 3 different squash [ the seeds were a gift from our good friend Doc Leaf] zucchini, crookneck and peter pans.

At the far end theres more peppers and then rows of bush beans,lettuce, carrots, spinach.red and yellow onions and radishes.

Hopefully it will be a good spring and the plants grow good, we plan on making a ton of salsa and canning lots of tomatoes!

Have a groovy summer everyone and keep it green! :dance013:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Peace :D

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
count me in, i just finish my garden the HOL, now im looking to start one of my own real soon, i see some chillies, tomatoes :D:D:D ,,,, i can already see good harvest heading you ways.

go Babba's! :):)

cheers,

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:D

these pics are old, so they should be nice and big by now :):)
chillies, potatoes, squases , grapes and of course flowers

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool pics Red, nice little spot ya got there, I love the grapes, Babba and I have always wanted to grow some.

Heya Snap, etn, Trichy! Glad you all stopped by!:wave:

We just trimmed the Dime and she's ahangin! hehe

picture.php

peace :blowbubbles:

E

EasyMyohoDisco

I been a Babba's Outdoor groupie since the AK47 bush and have tasted each organic run

I been a Babba's Outdoor groupie since the AK47 bush and have tasted each organic run

Whoa Momma! :) We're doing the same thing over here! HAHAHA!

I just planted a couple days ago:

Beets
Sweet Potatoes
Carrots
Celery
Lettuce
Mixed Greens
Some other kind of lettuce
6 kinds of peppers (all sweet like red, orange, chocolate, etc.)
spinach
cantaloupe
pumpkins
basil
red onion
sweet peas
sugar snap peas
radishes (already popping out!)
one randomly sprouting tomato that is living in a pot where i grew red peppers last year... hmmm i'll keep you posted on this one!

another type of grape (we already had a white wine grape going)

Gonna get some more tomatos soon!

We planted three kinds of dahlias for the summer in the front too. The tulips and day lilys have been in full effect for about a month now. We have tons of onion grass in the front that is identical scallions and smells great. I'm also trying my best to get my backyard lawn weedfree and with nice thick grass. I started mowing at 4inches this year instead of my usual 2 1/2 or 3 inches.

We'll grow veggies together this year! We'll also chant together and be together very soon. WOOHOO!

itzaplant

i dont come here much...but... i will follow this thread with or without pot...
lots of learning to be done on that plot

Looking Good

Looking Good

In England we have something called "Allotments"(external link). That's where I grow most of my food. I would truly love the land you have, I'd consider it nirvana! Good luck with the season and hope mother nature is kind to you.

Love & respect

Heavy Discipline :whip:

picture.php

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry Ive been working the last few days, havent been around much.

Wow easy your gettin down with the veggies!! whoooo thats great!!

HD thats a nice bunch of veggies you have..its like a community garden of a sort? Thats great.

Hey there its! welcome to the garden :D

Hi tab..pull up a chair and smoke what ya got :)

Ill take some pics later today, when it gets a little warmer..still pretty chilly around here.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Had a about a week of cold rainy weather .... looks like the sun is about ready to come back out. This garden is going to take of it if ever gets some sunshine :)

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
yeah should get better babba...my girl has a bunch going....will get a proper thread....she's getting the green thumb.....bout time eh'?did you expand the garden?

supermanlives

Veteran
looking good. theres nothing like growing your own. weed or veggies . its so cool to just be able to go out back and pick what you want and know there aint no pesticides and such. i like baby carrots and tomatos most./ i just wipe dirt of baby carrot and much away. mmmm. i grow stuff year round in so cal. my snow peas just finished . i ate so many fresh off the plant none made it to the table. crookneck squash and greenbeans just popping their heads

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Subscribed. I'm teachin my 5yr old gran buddy.He is the best thing I'm cultivating this year. Well Best Male anyway ;)-

fukndenny

I am so jealous! I don't get a veggie garden this year :(

I guess I could put a few small potted veggies on my porch.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yo Mrs B :cathug: :wave:

Great to see your garden springing to life and shaping up again.. its that time of the year where we cant just help getting outside and getting our hands dirty by sowing some love back into the soil :yes:

Mr B told me you were busy on the squashes the other evening in chat,, cool stuff :friends: Please keep us updated with images,, i got this one tagged,, all the best for this season :D

As ever,,, One Love :tiphat:

E

EasyMyohoDisco

The lettuce, radishes, and carrots are taking off. Gonna be nice to eat our homegrown in the near future. Already picked off a basil leaf. Tasted mighty good. I miss yall! Much love to both of ya.