What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Will the real Purple Kush stand up?

Just recently I've been getting a bunch of medical "Purple Kush" that doesn't remind me at all of what I think of as Purple Kush.

This recent "Kush" I've been getting reminds me of good ol Purple Erkle, very grapey/fruity ( fruity pebble aroma ) with very light purple hues and semi-sative structure. Almost no kush aroma detected whatsoever.

The class Purple Kush I used to get was a lot like Og Kush and Bubba. Darker purple than this new imposter, with an unmistakable Kush aroma/taste. Denser nugs with fatter indica leaves and structure.

I got a clone of the new Purple Kush and plan to grow it out...either way it is going to be good stuff.

Anyone know what old Purple Kush I'm talking about? Shame that everything now just gets a label thrown on it. "WOW ITS PURPLE AND SMELLS FRUITY..MUST BE PURPLE KUSH!" lol.

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
no fair RR............yep that's the only one in my book............

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Ogstradamus-That's definitely it, or close to it.
She may not be the original, no way of knowing, but she has all the traits you mentioned in your first post. Plus a medicinally, mentholy type thing going on in the mouth upon exhale too. She can leave you feeling high, stoned, or fucked the hell up depending on how hard you hit her. hehe

MOneYMiKe said:
no fair RR............yep that's the only one in my book............

Hiya MM. Thought you'd recognize that girl. lol

Billygoat

A lot of the so call clones from the clubs aren't what they should be. It's a same too. Very nice plant and picture resinryder. Nice see you also. This strain sounds like a nice plant.
Take care,
BG

resinryder

Veteran
What up AZ!! Great to see ya bro.

Billygoat-How goes it brother? Great to see ya man.

As far as dried buds of it, here's a few of em-

Last edited:

bigherb

Veteran
resinryder
big up

rite now it looks like no one is better than you no one ,i dont think ive seen a cut of purple kush like that b4 i hope you hav it forever n its spread

this purple kush i smoked from nyc was one of my all time fav strains ,i could smoke only this strain for the rest of my life

purple kush top 3 of my all time fav .smell= was exotic type, slight pine, fruity, stank.

taste= exotic ,slight grapey ,kushy,earthy notes,a bit fruity.smooth but thick n heavy wit expansion in lungs

high/stone =mo fire, head n body ,narcotic ,dreamy,sleepy,stuck type,this was bangers , long lasting, som of the most potent shit i eva smoked.

1luvbigherb

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

if thats the same pk i smoked..its defetly a keeper...i can only hope that it falls a lil more south for us down here brother....i have the sr71pk in flower...but from my understanding its purple urkle re-named.....which from going over how urkle flowers i could really see this as a possibilty.....the sr71pk grows just like urkle...peace az

I got my clone from Harborside in SF. Anyone else have that clone?

I also got Purps, Sour Diesel and Hindu Skunk, pretty stoked...hope they are real.

This is a description of the new Purple Kush that is going around ( I beleive it's erkle or a related plant ).

bigherb

Veteran
original purple kush

a staple in garberville till 84 ,also in panther gap area of southern humbolt in 80's
is supposedly brought by a veteran outside of petrolia

id lov for anyone to add ,this elite cut needs be to shared to the community she cant become another lost one

how come its so hard the find the true cut no breeders seem to hold it work wit it crazyness

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe said:
if thats the same pk i smoked..its defetly a keeper...i can only hope that it falls a lil more south for us down here brother....i have the sr71pk in flower...but from my understanding its purple urkle re-named.....which from going over how urkle flowers i could really see this as a possibilty.....the sr71pk grows just like urkle...peace az

EXACTLY!

I feel like the real Purple Kush started in so cal and some noob nor cal heads got a hold of a some dank urkle and just spread it as Purple Kush.

Such a shame. Not to say the SR-71 PK isn't amazing in itself, but I am let down...wanted the real PK.

resinryder

Veteran
Same one AZ. That urkle can really throw on some growth can't she!

bigherb-She's been spread around but you don't really see her poppin her buds up that often.

bigherb

Veteran
ryder
ikno last time i seen her was 04 to long ,too much ogs n diesel feens cant complain tho we just got som really nice cali outdoor but i will anyway

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
yeah we smoked this pk allong w/a bubba doob....pk by far..............sorry to all tha bubba head's........verry numbing effect.....truley shocked to say the least....

G

Greyskull

heres some purple kush I ran...
definatley not the SR71 purple erkel/kush

Was my first and only run with her (have passed her to a friend who's in love with her)... nowhere near RR's nice looking purple kush.

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

no doubt that pk killed the pre-98 in the side by side.....what a great time..thanks for the memories..hopefully we can do it again....peace az

Latest posts

Latest posts