What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~POST YOUR PIECE~ BONG-BUBBLER-VAPO

Status
Not open for further replies.

pack a bowl

looks like half is salmon and the other half is emerald green, but its not really dense dicro so its a little hard to tell.. i had to go check it out under the light b/c i didn't even know of the top of my head, hahaha. its a mr.grey stemless.

i got it for my 18th bday, went up with 600$ but of course since the only two shops around sucked back then (one got better, other got even worse) (aside from going to the city where prices are absurd) this was all i was able to find (after droppin some cash on the mr.grey piece)... and honestly, i bought both b/c i wanted to go home with something... not b/c they were pieces i "had to have". still, i grow more attachted to em each year.

leftsidena6.jpg

rightsidevc7.jpg

frontofcanzc0.jpg

sherly is by christopher saint btw.. i only know that b/c i found his work on the internet after someone pointed it out to me.. never heard of him otherwise but the sherly is as clean as it gets and the dichro was worked like butter. i do wish there wasn't fuckin red in the lock though, yellow would of made the piece 1000000x better instead of red... but the other two that were at the shop sucked so i went home with that one..

JohnnyATL

Veteran
I Finally got my extract slide in the mail. Looks pretty good, especially for 31.00 after shipping.

The illy ones with the glass rods are 80 at 42o so i just had this dude up in boone blow me one.

Works great, there is definity a trick in hitting it. I think its to move the rod up and down on the hash so it smokes more.

RooR HeaD

ATL whats 42s bearclaws looking like right now? im going up this summer to get a claw forsure im so excited i got lees and toros and roors but i need a bearclaw. he truely is my favorite blower would love to get one of his fuccilos excuse my spelling.

did u see any thing like this why uwere their.!
This pretty much is my ideal claw but they r to come by i hear now a days.
http://www.glasspipes.org/Img99957_switchacello_2004_Img99957_DSC.asp

http://www.glasspipes.org/Img99958_switchacello_2004_Img99958_DSC.asp
http://www.glasspipes.org/Img99954_fillacello_variation_2004_Img9.asp
Is that hard to do pack!

http://www.glasspipes.org/Img43655_2004_Img43655_DSC00279.jpg.asp

let me know atl about the claw invatory?

something a lil extra. this ghoast slide is off the hook and those teeth look so real! hes got made skills. how do u dod this shit pack?
http://www.glasspipes.org/Img216906__Img216906_t1.jpg.asp

swishaman

looks like half is salmon and the other half is emerald green, but its not really dense dicro so its a little hard to tell.. i had to go check it out under the light b/c i didn't even know of the top of my head, hahaha. its a mr.grey stemless.

i got it for my 18th bday, went up with 600$ but of course since the only two shops around sucked back then (one got better, other got even worse) (aside from going to the city where prices are absurd) this was all i was able to find (after droppin some cash on the mr.grey piece)... and honestly, i bought both b/c i wanted to go home with something... not b/c they were pieces i "had to have". still, i grow more attachted to em each year.

leftsidena6.jpg

rightsidevc7.jpg

frontofcanzc0.jpg

sherly is by christopher saint btw.. i only know that b/c i found his work on the internet after someone pointed it out to me.. never heard of him otherwise but the sherly is as clean as it gets and the dichro was worked like butter. i do wish there wasn't fuckin red in the lock though, yellow would of made the piece 1000000x better instead of red... but the other two that were at the shop sucked so i went home with that one..

I like both pieces. The red is a little... obnoxious? Seems like the right word in this situation... lol

I actually liked it, thought the light blue almost offset the xmas colors.. didn't really notice the xmas colors (for once!) until you said something about the red. usually i can't stand red and green together either, but it's not too bad on this piece. It would have been better though, if the light blue and red were switched...so the red isn't on top of the green..

or I would switch out the red completely for maybe a darker green+thin white detail and replace blue with periwinkle... or maybe dark green+thin white and replace the blue with butterscotch and the black with a darker butterscotch color... greens/brown would be nice on that type of piece... maybe some burnt orange dichro :0

pack a bowl

obnoxious is the perfect word, reminds me of a j-lee color combo.

i didn't notice it much till AFTER i bought it, you know how shitty the lighting can be in head shops... since this is a dark red, it didn't jump out as much as a bright red would of.

i love ghosts work RH. It is a little too "Dark" for my preference to be honest, but still the realistic features are great. he utilizes mixing mediums pretty perfectly also. He electroformed copper onto that piece, something i'd love to get into but i think its a few hundred i don't have to drop at the moment.

swishaman

obnoxious is the perfect word, reminds me of a j-lee color combo.

i didn't notice it much till AFTER i bought it, you know how shitty the lighting can be in head shops... since this is a dark red, it didn't jump out as much as a bright red would of.

i love ghosts work RH. It is a little too "Dark" for my preference to be honest, but still the realistic features are great. he utilizes mixing mediums pretty perfectly also. He electroformed copper onto that piece, something i'd love to get into but i think its a few hundred i don't have to drop at the moment.

You should find a source for gong male joints and start making prodo bowls.

I really think it's just about the most perfect piece for prodo work. Simple and they sell themselves.

p.s. what torch do you use?

pack a bowl

i've been meaning to get gongs but been broke as shit... sucks too b/c gongs would get me out of debt pretty easy, if i had the cash for em! when i had em too and was selling to a certain shop though, that guy didn't even want em!!! i couldn't believe how he would just ignore the gong slide market completely since they are in demand so much (he only had cheap-o clear gongs). i think it was b/c he knew he'd make less profit off em, fucker.

i've made a few and can't wait to order more... when i do i'll be doing GonG inlines also.
some past gongs:
14mm
firstgongslide.jpg

14mm
scaled.php

18mm
scaled.php

i use a Gtt Mirage, and i've finally grown into it after all these years... best investment, ever.

i've been trying to support my glass from glass, buy materials, and switch to liquid oxygen so its a tough point in my "career". Once i get liquid, oh god that will be a dream... oxygen is raping my funds, aside from overpriced headies.

swishaman

Yup yup... Is a rough life as an artist, in almost any medium. How much are gong joints?

Could you blow slides w/ matching diffusers?

Oh yeah, is that millennium moss?

pack a bowl

http://www.ustglass.com/content/groundjoint.aspx

if i was to buy them though i wanted to buy a bulk to get a nicer price... i got someone i could get em for in bulk but just haven't haven't got that cash.

diffies are pretty much just as easy as slides, could do those with no problem.

yep thats mill moss. I think got OG moss on a prodo spoon i grabbed from the kid who inspired me to start glass ealier and can't tell too much of a difference. i've never worked with OG moss and never understood what the fuss was about... maybe because it was the first "blingy" stable color so it was like when sliced bread came out in the color world, haha.

The OG moss (assuming it is) seems a little shinier though (on my prodo spoon from the kid)... but then again i had some moss that looked fucking beautiful... i got some tiny rods left but not enough for a tube pull.. The moss on that slide was the darker shade... then the "money green" shade i used on this piece.. wish i had more:

swr1.jpg

pack a bowl

moss comparison... not the best pic b/c it was with a flash but you can see slight differences... still not every batch of color will be exactly like the next so i dunno if it was even OG on that piece still.... but its def when the satins were around, i remeber when he pulled out the case and there was a piece that had a tiny of the "wood satin" in it and it just jumped at me... i went right to that piece first since i'd never seen any color like it in person and haven't since... damn i really wish they'd bring the satins back... i've been thinking of gutting the prodo spoon and using the rball section as a snapper slide for myself since itd get more use from it than keeping it as a spoon... but its a nice little piece to remind me that the kid really motivated me to start this all, wish i could thank him.

9ihix5.jpg

the bottom moss piece is just an rball section thats been sitting around, from the same tube pull as that gong i posted earlier.

swishaman

Yeah that lighter shade is really pretty... like a candy apple green

There's so many cool colors and I guess companies making color as well now... would be pretty hard to pick.

You should grab some of this when you get the cash... I think it would make some sick pieces... don't think I have seen a white like it before... but it looks sick..

NS-94.jpg

pack a bowl

yea i love white glass.. especialy solid white sections, always looks great... it'd be sick to blend off white shades with bright whites... i love subtle transitions in line work but i'll prob stick to aiming for contrast instead since it grabs people's attention more.

OldTroll

yea i love white glass.. especialy solid white sections, always looks great... it'd be sick to blend off white shades with bright whites... i love subtle transitions in line work but i'll prob stick to aiming for contrast instead since it grabs people's attention more.
Following your heart is likely to result in much more satisfying results. Good luck!
-OT

swishaman

PAB - Sell me that mushy slide :p Orrrrr ummmm I'll send u a diffy and slide and u can use the joints from them to make me a matching set. <3

pack a bowl

hahah. always need extra glass on glass joints to hold the thing your working on. (use a female to hold a male, vice versa)

that slide went to a TC member, although i really should make more b/c people love em when they see em. a batch of 15 would make a great pic too. hahah

joebean91

hang the sonofabitch anyways
ICMag Donor
packabowl - your work is definitely improving , stick with it . Do yourself a favor and switch to that liquid cylinder sooner than later , those compressed k tanks are only worth it as a backup . Plus the liquid dewars make you work more often so your not losing oxy from pressure build up venting off . It will pay for itself in a week or so .
We recently got some of that Egyptian White Sand in pre made tubing to test out , along with amber/purple and red crayon tubing , pretty nice stuff . there should be a few others available in tubing from Northstar soon . Not sure if I read correctly , but that spoon in post #3469 I'm pretty sure the solid section is NS-129 Steel Wool .

pack a bowl

you must have a close connect with abe? lucky bastard... i lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvve the amber purple tubing:

aptrip1.jpg

ap4k.jpg

i'd be all over liquid if i had the cash, but it takes money to make money! hopefully i'll have it by the summer though.

you seen the new color "ruby slippers"? i should be getting a sample soon to test / review, can't wait!

joebean91

hang the sonofabitch anyways
ICMag Donor
hehe ...yep , living in Portland has it's advantages . Ruby Slippers is nice , I used some for pinwheels backing a marble few months ago . Cool pipes ! .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts