What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colombian Gold from 1972-78...? How was it "made"?

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Colombian

Colombian

There is a breeder named Zamalito that has always kept some pretty good landrace sativa(s). There was a Colombian Black that is a hybrid of various sativas that I would like to check into someway.

Landrace sativas, they are out there. The problem is finding the right one. Everyone says they want a landrace until they find that a landrace sativa is definitely not a cash crop. You grow his crazy plant indoor and let it flower for several months, get these wispy little buds that are all air, no skunk smell... They are not for everyone. And if you find a hybrid you are looking at a plant that s more profitable, but lacking the introspective high. You have to grow a pure sat for your own head or you will lose your butt. I never sell anything so that is not a problem for me, except having to wait so long and having to spend so much time trimming. A bit of a marijuana paradox.
Growing Sativas even here in Colombia takes a long time but the end result is worth it. I live near Bogota @ 9,000ft or 2,700mt and it's no desert but it is somewhat aried. I live in the perfect climate to grow sativa year round and I plan on doing just that again very soon. However I like indica as well and I grow them too as well as hybrids. Here is some more pics of recent Colombian grown Santa Marta Gold. The first two pics are of a "clump" of Gold that came from the Santa Marta region, it is not bricked and is fully seeded. The next two pics are bud that I grew just north of Bogota, sinsemilla of course. The buds are airy but super good with the best sativa effect. This is the real deal 100% Colombian grown Colombian Sativa!

Peace from Colombia!

Last edited:

Mr_Grimbo

Growing Sativas even here in Colombia takes a long time but the end result is worth it. I live near Bogota @ 9,000ft or 2,700mt and it's no desert but it is somewhat aried. I live in the perfect climate to grow sativa year round and I plan on doing just that again very soon. However I like indica as well and I grow them too as well as hybrids. Here is some more pics of recent Colombian grown Santa Marta Gold. The first two pics are of a "clump" of Gold that came from the Santa Marta region, it is not bricked and is fully seeded. The next two pics are bud that I grew just north of Bogota, sinsemilla of course. The buds are airy but super good with the best sativa effect. This is the real deal 100% Colombian grown Colombian Sativa!

Peace from Colombia!

That first pic looks very similar to the chunk of weed my bud brought up from Florida that smelled and smoked like the golds of old. The seeds from that produced a lot of variety, the best we called Grape and usually somewhere between 16-20 weeks I just pulled it as it seemed to never finish indoors here so far from the Equator.

Mr. Grimbo

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Mr. Grimbo, great thread btw. As you can tell I love Colombia and of course the great weed from here. I am not Colombian, I'm a gringo thats married into a big Colombian family. I have a great life here and my Colombian family has nothing to do with drugs or weed but they do accept my love for the plant. Colombia just like the rest of the world is changing and now it's much safer then it was even 10 years ago when I first came here. I grew the local strains at first then I started posting on overgrow and they got shut down and I found a home here on IC and started to become (yes I'm going to say it) a seed whore.... I wanted to see how the modern super strains grew out down here in this perfect growing climate. And I did just that, the result was all I dreamed for. Then I had to return to the USA and lost all my seed stock. After being in the US for four years we returned to Colombia and I'm ready to start growing again. I've collected some very good Punto Rojo seeds and alot of very nice hybrid seed to start with and I plan on buying some new seed stock online as soon as I get moved next year (I have no where to grow now). However I still havn't found any Gold bud for seeds and even finding the classic Colombian Sativa is not easy for me now. The first seeds I'm going to sow in January will be the Rojo as I know they take forever to finish. I will star grow logs with pics as I did in the past so all can see the fine Colombian of today & yesteryear!

Peace from Colombia!

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
Much respect Red Rider, que pena con usted, and good luck with your Colombiana lol. Some of those women are dangerous, but then I have had my fair share of problems with the chicas blancas.

I love Colombian weed and want to grow some. Just the trend has been going towards indicas and hybrids for 20 plus years now for the obvious reasons (money). Con gusto

Like fine wine sativas are worth the wait for me. I can only grow indoors so I have to do some creative things to make all the buds have light. Where there is a will there is a way.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you so much huligun and the same respect to you and all the wonderful people here. I love my wife she is very beautiful (even after having two ninos) but she is easy to piss off and she takes forever to get over anything. I know the gringas too but I have this thing for Colombian women. Really now I get along much better with my mother in law then my wife, my mother in law will burn with me sometimes and loves my plants. She's an old country girl and knows all about the weed. I've never grown anything indoors or in the USA so I'm always learning and your advice is much welcomed. Even after all the years I've lived here my Spanish is weak but I get by. Thanks for all and get ready for some killer Colombian!

Peace from Colombia!

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice hybrids DARC MIND I use to know zamalito very well back in 06 - 07. I crossed several Colombian Golds & Reds with afgani and grew them out down here under the tropical sun. The indica really changed the plant overall for me but I liked it!

Peace from Colombia!

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
Thank you so much huligun and the same respect to you and all the wonderful people here. I love my wife she is very beautiful (even after having two ninos) but she is easy to piss off and she takes forever to get over anything. I know the gringas too but I have this thing for Colombian women. Really now I get along much better with my mother in law then my wife, my mother in law will burn with me sometimes and loves my plants. She's an old country girl and knows all about the weed. I've never grown anything indoors or in the USA so I'm always learning and your advice is much welcomed. Even after all the years I've lived here my Spanish is weak but I get by. Thanks for all and get ready for some killer Colombian!

Peace from Colombia!
I grew up in Colombia. My father was white and my mother is light skinned Colombiana. My father died when I was pretty young and my brothers got with the wrong crowd. They died pretty young too, drug dealers thought they were cheating them. We fled the country while I was still in college. I come to the USA under terms similar to asylum after my brothers were murdered. I was connected to some important people from the USA through college and my art dealings. We were rushed out of there pretty fast. The DEA told my family that we were all possible targets. I come to the USA with nothing, but eventually got a house that I inherited from my brother. We had to prove the house was not paid for with drug money. They kept some sport cars of my brother's because we could not prove them (very expensive cars, one was a Ferrari). I got a baseball scholarship from USC. I majored in English with a minor in art. I never made it in baseball professionally. (I probably could have been a designated hitter in the American League) I failed a urine test in the Dodgers organization so I just gave up on that. I have been importing art from Central and South America since then. I am not so worried about being killed so much anymore, but you never know. I have avoided Colombia for the past 18 years. You would think all those people that wanted to kill me then are dead or in prison. Griselda Blanco was recently murdered, but then she has pissed off a lot of people. All I did was be a brother to two men that apparently cheated FARC. I did go to Panama a couple months ago and had a pretty good time. That is pretty close. I got kind of close to a Panamanian girl of Colombian descent. We email and chat kind of daily.

Anyway, nice reading about your experiences there. I miss some things there, but it is too rough for me. I am now spoiled American and date mostly Americans. I have a thing for blondes with a California accent.

Last edited:

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
if you are into the gold, you should read this

smoke%20screen%20robert%20sabbag%20allen%20long.jpg

more than likely this guy was responsible for anyone smoking Colombian Gold

a true story of a man trying to make a movie about smuggling pot, he loses his funding, so he starts smuggling pot

Bud_Man10

Veteran

Peace from Colombia!

Oh man, those two first pics bring back so many fond memories for me. I'd give what teeth I have left and half of the missus's to have a chunk of that to puff on. Thanks for posting these wonderful shots red rider. I'd be lyin' to say I wasn't a tad bit envious! ;)

Great thread 'Grim bro'
Peace
BM

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if you are into the gold, you should read this

View Image

more than likely this guy was responsible for anyone smoking Colombian Gold

a true story of a man trying to make a movie about smuggling pot, he loses his funding, so he starts smuggling pot

Sabbag mentions La Rubia (blonde) de la Costa in Snowblind,, and states that it´s the most powerful dynamite herb there is or something like that lol

IIRC also mentions the AG and how it was transported ...donkeys :D

410XHQB0P4L._AA240_1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUmIO_MG5IU :biggrin:

Edit: found this :D

http://books.google.es/books?id=b9t...lind rubia de la costa coastal blonde&f=false

Last edited:

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
Although I doubt people posting here don't know, just in case, check out the Revival Sativa thread on here under Strains and Hybrids. For my money it is the best thread on ICMag.

PS Where did Zamalito go..his writing was ace.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@ Tipz,

this is a very good thread IMHO you are not going to ruin it ...that´s for sure...

bigherb

Veteran
Darc Mind

HISTORY OF THE ORIGINAL HAZE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

greetings to all,

a while back i mentioned that i was one of the original haze growers back in
the 70's. and i promised the community that if i could hook up with the man
that created the name and strain who i've known for decades i would report back. I'm back!
The story is funny but i must begin by saying everything that Sam the Skunkman has ever reported about it is accurate. He may have left out
some fun details that i will share. The following comments are not conjecture, second hand rumor, they are the facts, from the mouth of the
guy who did it. Not is helper partner, sister brother or dog.

Haze - the name? Hendrix "purple haze is on my brain" thats where Haze
comes from.
Original - it was original so it fit.
Strain - an accident. Back then we all felt that Colombian Gold aka as Punto Roja was the best smoke. The haze comes from a Punta Roja seed
and was bred to itself for about 10 years after which the strain went
weak and became useless. It was never a stable strain and usually produced four varieties. Root Beer, deep purple, magenta, and light silver green.
There was never any Haze Brothers, that's urban legend. There were haze brothers that were large buyers and were brothers so we called them the haze brothers but there was three of them anyway.

Sam was a neighbor that got some of the seeds and in early 80's moved to amsterdam and the rest is history. if there is anyone that deserves respect for saving and back breeding the line into stronger more stable plants it would have been mr. skunk. who i do not know personally but might have bumped into back then among the circle.

any other persons claim to have bred "haze" is just co-opting a word that
was attributed to a paricular accident that produced some of the greatest
ever.

all the other stories are bull shit period end of story. Mr. Skunkman's report on this has been on the mark, and more importantly, it was his
vision and drive that brought the genetics to holland where he shared them and the rest is history.

hope you all enjoyed the real story.
peace/hh

I was goin too just quote what i highlighted in BOLD print ,BUt i thought its fitting to my mind track ATM .This fella HappyHi Id consider an OT an he was definetly around OT's soo it is interesting for the first time to hear this comparison or similar post in which Colombian gold an Punto rojo was referred to maybe or obviously by some , Could have been the same plant with more than one name

Many thought happyhi was off his bird caz of the history he shared (especially after the CG aka Punto Rojo line) Id like to think of him as an angel or saint sent to us

I believe the Haze came from punto Rojo Seed an i think this thread below shows some supporting evidence which coincides with the story i told

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=99112&highlight=punto+rojo

1luvbigherb

Last edited:

caligula

red rider - i was given some seeds from a friend in colombia of Mango Biche and Crippi (he pronounced and spelled it Creepy as well). A few other breeders have these right now, and since i'm only indoor I'm letting them figure out how they turn out. Cheers to Bushy and Bigherb.

Matthew

Latest posts

Latest posts