What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is your favorite strain at the moment (growing & smoking)

i love smoking 2.0, cookies, true og, blueberry haze, cherry pie, gmo. so many others, those are what Ive been puffin on lately.

I think glue is by far my favorite plant to grow, so strong and easy going, flowers quick and gives such nice nug even when I fuck up. cant say its my favorite smoke cause it gets me so damn stupid! but it lives up to its name and is a hell of a plant.

I really :laughing: agree with the comment about finding a resilient strain for growing. We have GG#4 beans but aren't able to grow at the moment because we are at our max for flower storage here in MA...

Just not enough friends and family to spread the wealth, perhaps. :dance013:

Also can we all agree that blueberry haze = blue dream??

Ojd’s strawberries and cream x chemhaze that I have now run out of... easy to grow and gorgeous bud, stinks like mad... filter needs a pre-filter or something.
If he releases a fem version I’ll be all over it

OJD is that a seed bank?

Strawberry and cream x Chemhaze does sound pretty awesome.

We have a ton of Stardawg crossed seeds. So hopefully they will winners.

Stardawg (chemdawg x tresdawg) crossed with:
x skywalker og
x Ghost train haze
x gg#4
x grape pie
x blue dream

Looking forward to these.

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
OJD is that a seed bank?

Strawberry and cream x Chemhaze does sound pretty awesome.

We have a ton of Stardawg crossed seeds. So hopefully they will winners.

Stardawg (chemdawg x tresdawg) crossed with:
x skywalker og
x Ghost train haze
x gg#4
x grape pie
x blue dream

Looking forward to these.

Hi mate
Ojd is the breeder for connoisseur genetics, some lovely strains there.

Stardawg x ghost train haze sounds like it should be fire!

b8man

Veteran
Current fave is Panama x Malawi from Ace. Grew it and consume it daily.

I was sick of the great looking hybrids and pretty much about to give up weed because the highs were so boring. I decided I'd attempt a pure sativa in my tent with a 600w and I was pleasantly surprised by the results. Lovely smooth sativa that makes you appreciate everything again and somehow also reduces my anxiety. Haven't touched the hybrids since I've had this one - glad i've got my sativa hat on again.

Ktaadn

I've also found the highs of many of these new polyhybrid "strains" to be boring. I get much more pleasurable effects from my own lines, and was also lucky enough to find a killer pheno of Ciskei this year that puts me in the right headspace and tastes amazing as well. I'd say at the moment it would have to be my favorite.

JohnnyChicago

Same for me. But I find that older polyhybrids don't have boring highs. My favourites at the moment are:

My own Panama Haze for 100% sativa
Atomic NL (sour pheno) as day time weed
NL1 x Black Domina for sleep
and Animal Mints for its look, taste and for thick clouds

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Yeah, most of the hybrids suck. I am growing and currently smoking Tommy Chong's L A Amnesia. It is good smoke. I just dropped my own beans of T.C. L A Amnesia x Top 44 They showed roots in 2 days. I also just dropped Acapulco Gold. Waiting on my Colombian Gold to show up. But for now, L A Amnesia is the best I have smoked in a long time.

robotwithdreams

Veteran
Acapulco Gold x Michoacan from Snow. Blissful effect. The Panama Red from Snow that I just smoked is pretty nice too.

I have to pay attention when u recommend a a strain. I believe we have similar preferences. I just looked up these strains , goood grief!!
400$, Pack of ten at seeds here now. They sell 5 packs for 200$. Did you find yours in a five pack?

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
420giveaway
Hate to say it but I miss Blue mystic from nirvana
The church from greenhouse
And Big Bang from greenhouse what we’re theses genes

I just grew out 2 plants indoors. Two very different plants. One was nice & bushy & one was typical Xmas tree that was 2 weeks behind for the whole grow - including harvest. I have only sampled rosin so far as the buds will be curing for a few months. Smelling very nice already.

tbd

Happy Times

One I puffed recently that I liked was Acapulco Gold from Telluride Bud Co. it had a grab-you and let you know you are baked as heck buzz, tangy slightly fruity taste, the nugs look like skunk #1 to me. Not sure what heritage of this one is, if it’s Barney’s Farm Acapulco Gold, someone else’s, or something renamed to stand out

Home-Grown

It is interesting to find these old variates like Acapulco Gold and Durbin Poison still holding high against the new strains. I remember Durbin Poison was a very popular bush weed decades ago.

It is interesting to find these old variates like Acapulco Gold and Durbin Poison still holding high against the new strains. I remember Durbin Poison was a very popular bush weed decades ago.

I mean most of the 'new' strains have these powerhouses in their lineage. So it shouldn't be too surprising people are going to the source.

I put in the top 3 (no order):

- Shiva skunk from Sensi : easy to grow and insane old school cheesy taste on my 2 pheno's
- Harybo from Rkiem huge producer and crazy terps from Zkittlez mom
- Blue cheese from barney's, mid/low producer but love the taste and effect.

As you see i prefers indica but the Lemon og candy (philosopher seeds) i just select will put out of this top one of these. Insane lemony haze candy taste and very large and dense buds.

Phished880

Love me some Sour D. Haven’t had her in the garden yet(happy to have your help finding a cut in MA:tiphat:)
Starting a run of some C99 and GG4 this winter which have always been a close runner up.

Love me some Sour D. Haven’t had her in the garden yet(happy to have your help finding a cut in MA:tiphat:)
Starting a run of some C99 and GG4 this winter which have always been a close runner up.

It is funny you mention C99. I met Mr. Soul from Brother's Grimm Seeds earlier this month. Who made that strain.

I think those are 2 pretty solid choices. GG4 being something closer to sour D.

In MA I just learned of a 501(c)3 NPO cannabis group that meets regularly and has a seedbank for sharing, Cannabis Growers Association. They have a website, might be able to help you with your hunt. :D

Doc D

I’ve been enjoying many varieties the last few weeks... some of my favorites have been...

Bandaid haze, purple unicorn, Congo/Kandahar, Chem D x Lemon Thai, Obama Kush, BSHW x Filipino, ASS (American Skunk Selection)...

I’m super excited to find more new varieties this next year!!

Latest posts

Latest posts