What's new

can u crop anything thats worth the same or near to cannabis

R03

gamehaze said:
i heard that orchids are a nice money spinner

I heard that too, I have a friend who does the orchid thing, pretty large scale.
He dabbles in the mary jane game too, strictly personal though.

S

Space Ghost

growing gourmet herbs and fungus can be quite profitable if you can find the right restaurants to sell to.

nobody has figured out how to grow morels (other than make a big compost pile and wait for spring). If you could figure out how to grow a morel mushroom, you'd be rich

Aestivus

Flowers are probably a good way to go if you have small space... Saffron is not very profitable unless you have a lot of space and it's also labor intensive come time of harvest.

As far as flowers being worth near what the Cannabis is, well no not really gonna happen. but if you have a half acre or so you should be able to make maybe an extra 10g's or more per year...

When I say flowers I don't mean orchids and haven't done any research on them.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
I dont think anyones researched the time to maturity for most the mentioned items. In that light theres nothing that you can grow fast enough in decent supply that would rival weed.

G

The Chinese will pay a nice price for some premium Ginseng root. Of course it takes about 7 years for a ginseng root to fully mature but you can buy 3-4 yr old roots and plant them. And commercially grown roots will not bring nearly as much as roots grown naturally in wooded areas. But if you want an investment, then ginseng roots may be it. Because after 7 years youre looking at about $400 a pound.

B

Boxy Brown

if your like me and live in USDA zone 10 you can grow exotic fruit trees like soursop and jackfruit then sell the fruit online for a fairly good price, most fruit trees grow fairly fast and take only a year or two to produce fruit (unless its an air-layer), I currently have fourteen different fruit trees in my backyard and have thought about selling some of the very rare ones online but Im too lazy and would rather just eat them, also to add selling fruit you grow in your backyard won't support you like a good job but it will bring in some extra cash.

2006_zones.gif

Last edited:

Big Eggy

Veteran
To get anywhere with Orchids you will have to compette with the Indian Micro Prop businesses.

Phalaenopsis (Moth Orchid) are cheap as chips now compared to 10 years ago thanks to the developments in Micro Prop.

It can be done at home with the right equiptment but your only gonna make money out of rare species.

eggy