What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis for mother’s cervix cancer

Hi there, am extremely new to this and hoping that I am in the right place. Trying to reach out for advice/help.

My mother has been battling cancer for the better part of 2 years and we just recently felt like we got a grip on it. She got to the point of just being bed bound all the time and she did not want to go the traditional “western medicine” route and go through chemo, etc. She was recommended to get a gram of high potency cannabis extract in her system every day. She has been dabbing around a gram a day for the better part of a few months now (it took a while to get up to that point) as well as taking CBD drops (4000mg bottle) and eating cannabis butter with every meal. We are starting to notice a big difference. She still has her bad days as anyone else battling something like this would, but without the cannabis I don’t know where she would be. She’s actually herself again.

I am running out of options as to how I can get the quantity she needs as I only have 1 plant and am getting a 6:1 ratio when pressing my buds for oil. I have tried trimming and training better to get a better yield but and starting to think this might be a bit bigger than me. I’m an amateaur. If she decided to stay with her family in Vegas where she has access to legal meds (we are from the east coast) we can’t get what she needs from dispensaries for a few reasons: 1. She can’t get close to the quantity she needs without a medical card 2. In my opinion as well as hers, they do not care about the patient plain and simple. They will sell butane extracted products to someone with cancer and she was even PRESSURED INTO BUYING IT when I wasn’t there with her. Last reason is the most important, we would go broke with the ridiculous prices they charge plain and simple. I am hoping someone else out there has dealt with something similar and is able to offer suggestions. Thank you all for taking time to read this and have a blessed day.

soil margin

Veteran
I would would suggest focusing on trying to get a good gram of CBD and THC extract in her belly everyday. Also work on her diet. Try and get some organ meats into her diet, get her some raw milk/pastured raw cheese. Minimizing sugar and grain intake will also help in the fight against cancer. You want to be eating as few breads/pastries/flour-based foods as possible.

oldchuck

Veteran
You need to grow your own. You need to be in a place where you can grow fifteen or twenty ladies without paranoia.

Gry

Deal with cancer and understand well what you are saying.
Once your post count is up to fifty, you will have an ability
to send and receive personal messages.
Easy enough to do by perusing older threads, and adding honest and thoughtful responses,
one can get the count up rapidly.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I'm so sorry to hear that your mother is going through all that she is, but am glad she is finding some relief. I know if I had a sick family member and cannabis could save their life I wouldn't hesitate to start growing for them regardless of what the law thought. Sending out best wishes to you and your family.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You may find something in these pages that will help and as mentioned above, resurrecting a few old threads will up your post count so you can receive PMs.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=95659

Smoking cannabis does little to nothing for cancer but it does bring the spirits to a higher vibration.

She can eat as much as she can handle. From what I understand, the more she can consume the faster the healing.

thailer

theres also mushroom extract you can get at the health food stores that is supposed to help with cancer.

I like to take dry ice hash and make badkat canna caps. the way she makes them, knocks you off your feet and she explains everything really well.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
You may want to look into joining a collective/cooperative. Cultivation has a high learning ceiling but reading a gardening book and growing a few plants is reasonable for many.

A cooperative may help share resources balancing supply and demand. Recreational for profit cannabis entities are clearly not engaged publicly in this medical and human health, social welfare discussion.

Varying methods of consumption topical, edible oils, possibly vaporizing but not smoking can distribute and maintain thc/cbd levels throughout the body.

Edibles can be consumed as infrequently as once or twice per day with the most notable side effects being cannabis taste, positive vibes and at a higher dose sleep. Some may experience a sense of paranoia, it is possible. Cbd may reduce thc paranoia.

The effects of vaporizing may last 1-3 hours which provides a simple method for the consumer to modulate or fine tune a "spiritual/meditative" dose/time of day and clear/sober social/conversation level of thc/cbd.

May be described as:
Little/no thc - slight irritability or anxiety, behavioural desire for cannabis.
Low/medium thc - functional, clear, middle of mania and depression, reduced or little/no anxiety.
Medium/high thc - meditation, introspective thought, self-reflection, possible paranoia
meaning I suppose imagined thoughts which are later reviewed sometimes with humour.

Plant based foods with the highest nutrient content per gram of food and highest nutrient content per calorie (less than 2000 per day) likely provide the most human benefits and fewest drawbacks scientifically speaking. Sometimes less is more fasting may be appropriate however nutrient density/value becomes increasingly important. Public/popular opinion on diet has no shortage of viewpoints.

The China Study, Forks Over Knives are a couple of places to look for truthful observational (and interventional) studies on diet and health, heart disease, diabetes, obesity, cancer. In developed areas infections, transmissible diseases have gone down although autoimmune and other diseases/contributors to mortality have increased.

Working idea: vegetable oil applied to the skin for building blocks (this is nearly identical to greasing the wheel bearings or new tires, for a person) along with a plant based diet renews and detoxifies the body inside and out, thc/cbd together with healthy habits clears prevents or slows plaques and toxic buildup throughout the body.

Reducing or avoiding caffeine (and possibly all pharmaceuticals) will help dilate blood vessels restoring tissue nutrient and gas exchange. Physical therapy/exercise also provides physical and mental health benefits. When combined a holistic approach may treat the person in addition to the ailment.

Last edited:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes, juicing and dry material capsules. Try autos- faster finish, successive growing.
Best to your mom and those who care about her.

Plant based foods with the highest nutrient content per gram of food and highest nutrient content per calorie (less than 2000 per day) likely provide the most human benefits and fewest drawbacks scientifically speaking. Sometimes less is more fasting may be appropriate however nutrient density/value becomes increasingly important. Public/popular opinion on diet has no shortage of viewpoints.

I have heard many accounts of this being a sound diet choice. ive heard of cancer patients adopting a raw vegan diet as well as juicing. I myself personally partake in a plant based diet and I have noticed many health benefits since making that choice. not trying to preach here cause everyone makes their own choices. but I do feel there is validity to this which is worth meaningful consideration. I hope your mother is doing well.

How’s mom doing? My own mother is battling stage 4 breast cancer. I’m having terrible luck getting her to take the medicine I have supplied her. She will take her doctor prescribed meds but she hates the taste of canna oil. I’ve got her some cbd oil too (1500 mg) definitely going to get her a higher dosage of that.