What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

QWISO

igby

Any way we could have this thead stickied? Its an enormous amount of info on a method not covered by a stickied thread yet (unless I missed it)

midwestwax33

Would the consistency of the end product vary depending on the tempature? I've seen photos on this thread with shatter, powder/kief, and sap/oil.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good point! Don't confuse rubbing alcohol and 99% Iso.

browntrout

Veteran
Just did two runs one short and one about 3-4 mins with 4L 99% iso and about 1/2 pound of trim. While making this and unintentionally inhaling some iso fumes I thought to myself what is it that keeps the THC from evaporating with the ISO? Is THC a solid? or does it bind with the plant matter (waxes,greases etc) that is left in the ISO after filtering?

I also found it odd that drying some iso liquid on a cigarette that it made it much sweeter and smooth than a regular cig, not something I have seen in iso before. Maybe it was the initial product.

BT

browntrout

Veteran
I boiled down the second long run of the batch and mixed it with the dry sift I made from the same bud/trim and yielded 16.7g unfortunately while boiling down the first wash of amber wax I sat the glass mixing bowl aside and about a minute later it shattered lost about 5-8g of perfect dab material. kinda shitty. yield would have been about 10% including the dry sift.

Latest posts

Latest posts