What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

QWISO

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Shmike again.

Stay Safe

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Thanks Shmike, for me its more about the taste and the mental aspect when I can taste the iso I know thats not good for me. The Everclear method leaves virtually no alcohol taste to the final product. Taste wise its like night and day, once you taste the final product without the iso flavoring you wont want to go back.

Youre right about other booze containing sugars, flavorings, and other stuffs and correct that the 190 proof Everclear contains none of that. Thats what makes it so dangerous at parties, put in the right mix and you wouldnt taste it at all.

With that kind of risk there are many states in the US that dont sell the 190 proof Everclear [ mine included, I have to drive to Iowa to get it.] I usually get it in one of the larger supermarkets but its still pretty expensive compared to iso. They have 150 proof Everclear but I have not bothered to try it since I can get the 190 and the higher the proof the better it works for quick wash.

everclear.jpg

drmota

made my first batch of iso today, came out black and gooey. i think it was in wash to long as i did not realize how long the strain would be. used a bunch of leaf(about 1/4 lb or better) and some crystaly trim from my last harvest about 1/8 oz. used almost 3 pints of 90% alco. took aboust an hour and many filters to strain i used a large hot plate and a 9x13 baking dish stright on the hot plate no water.(i was pressed for time as kids were coming home) 2 questions should i have let it sit out for a day or so to fully dry after purge? and can i re heat it to try and get it dryer. (ihave it rolled into a big sticky ball) all things considered it is a better smoke by far than the beginig product im wondering should i just let it be and refine my skills for the next batch. p.s. i dont smoke i grow for my wife who is mmj for pain. son inlaw tried it with a little schwag and seeme coucloked for a few hours with very red eyes and he is no light weight.

Last edited:

drmota

thanks for your input. yes i will do it in small batches now. i gave some to a cancer patient friend of mine and she really liked it. she give me a 1/4 oz of some good bud to make her some with so tonight i will attempt to refine the process and get her some of that nice crackly glas ive seen in these threads. thanks again.

R00KIE

Hey Shmike, I've been looking for everclear for a long time....
I think there's only 2 provinces or sometrhing that sell it, but if you do happen to find it lemme know, I may get a bottle too... :D
If you can't find butane, pm me, I got a shop close I could pick some up and send er your way...
I think it's 30 sum bucks a case or 4.00 a bottle...

R00KIE

Yeah it's my local head shop thats selling it here too....
Hydro shop had it but they ran out so I had to find another source....
I wonder if were not in the same place??? :chin: :D
I can't remember where I saw everclear though...
I'll do a search and see if I can find out...
Edit: Did a search and I'm thinking you can't find it in canada... You used to be able to get it back east when I lived out there but from what I found they don't sell it anywhere in Canada... :(

Last edited:

R00KIE

I bet if you were to get some Bacardi 151, do your soak with that, boil it down and do a tincture it would work as well if not better than an oil hoot...
Hell if you manage to get all the alch out, you could probably take a hoot anyways...
151 makes one hell of a tincture.... I put about 70g's of some fluffy stuff i grew into a 26 oz bottle for almost 3 weeks.
Tasted like shit but i tell ya one oz shot does you good, sleepy time a couple hours later... hehehe
Thats without heating, just straight from bottle to shot glass....

R00KIE

It would work but because it's only 40% you have 60 percent water..
I think 151 is 75%, so you get a bit more...
If your heat reducing I don't think you'd have a prob makin an uber potent tincture....

nandro

Indophiliac said:
I agree BHO is tasty but I personally like the taste of ISO. Not to mention its simple and effective.

I made this ISO and usually I heat it back up and collect the sticky oil on a razor blade and save. But this time I decided to leave it and smoke it as it was. I call it the ISO kief because it has the same consistancy as kief (much more potent tho). I like it lots cause its much easier to handle and smoke.

Thanks again Schmike. Peace.

ahhh yes, crunchies. :D here's some bho crunchies. :D

G

this was my first try with ISO hash, I used about 1/4 of the 1oz of moldy buds that I have with some 91% alcohol that I had laying around the house.

Last edited:
G

I washed it for 30 seconds, and I think its dark because the buds where almost black in color.

G

the smoke is great has a nice smooth hash taste thats much better than kif, and when it cooled down it got fairly hard but is still sticky kinda like a slightly melted jolly rancher hard candy, overall I like it and plan to turn the remaining 3/4oz of bud into ISO.

drmota

ok second batch is done it came out great,all golden and crackly, got about 3/4 to 1 gram out of an 1/8 of power plant. is that about right? dont know how it smokes though cause i havent delivered it yet. coupla ?'s the 99.9 alcohol cost me $4 a pint how much is everclear? second and i know this is not the thread but can someone direct me to the resident cfl grower. i need to know how much soft white and how much cool white to use. thanks for the great qwiso info i will be brewin more in the weeks to come.

deekan

well im making a batch today since i have the day off and i have a question... i couldnt completely stop every bit of material from leaving the mixing jar and some bits of trim landed in the coffee filter while the ISO was draining...will this have a negative effect on the final product? i removed as much as i could with some tweezers but some bits still remain...

deekan

yeah it seems alright...this batch turned out better than my last, i used about a dub of leaf and some filtered out skuffy shit from my grinder. it looks dark in a ball but as a pancake it snaps like sugar and is transparent brown, much more delicious than the last batch too.

HolidayHawk

Hedonism Bot said:
the smoke is great has a nice smooth hash taste thats much better than kif, and when it cooled down it got fairly hard but is still sticky kinda like a slightly melted jolly rancher hard candy, overall I like it and plan to turn the remaining 3/4oz of bud into ISO.

yea i did a bho run with 30g of sess and it was just oily oil nothing like bho, and the run before i used 24g of seeded buds and got really nice rock hard "glass" very light amber in colour.

the third run was with shitty as shake and trim and turned out to be the black jolly rancher type thing it was very goey at room temp compared to the first run which was brittle and the sess which was complete liquid.

ON ANOTHER NOTE,

has anyone purchased colibri butane which comes with all the multicoloured filler pieces in the cap is this something new or have they always had this?

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Haha, made some qwiso of 4 grams total low grade moroccan "french paper", that thin shitty slab mostly plant I think, got around .5 grams of this from that 4 grams I started with, but it was good, I was gifted that piece of shit so I had to do it lol, heres how it looked.

Was damn tasty! :wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts