What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Humboldt & Mendo in da house

relic1981

Veteran
show your love of the area...

anyone who is a member of this community (and icer) should get together to talk future, massive sesh! any one interested just pm me. i would like to have it in sohum so the mendo crew, lake county trinity county crews join in.

im thinking big hear and want too discussour future as growers not to mention the fine herb.. cn join in

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
I have found other growers in Mendo county coastal (north) not willing to stick their neck out. Or able to consider ideas, too concerned with their own scene. Maybe too much so. We used to say, even amongst 40 year resident growers/brokers, "Up Here, no good deed goes unpunished."

Sure, if 'in' the clique, it's a lot easier. Cause not being in it is pretty much 'persona non grata' status. And things can change quickly, in such a small place. Regardless of Karma accrued.

I had a few good ideas for us to try. In order to branch out and share our love for the land with others. No MJ involved. And other projects, canna related and not. People were simply not able to wrap their hippie heads around them, even though we all wanted ways to branch out.

Unfortunately, it 0ften seems as if it takes new blood to come up with and execute new ideas in Nor Cal.

Last edited:

jackel

i can only speak for a small handful of mendo farmers, but most of us wish things would go back to pre-96 times. the future to us only looks bleak and opportunity to make a living doing what we do not foreseeable. as regulations close the noose, prices drop. most farmers i know (old school) could survive the year on 10-20plants. now, you have to grow more just to get the same (or close to it) as before and we dont want to do that. we just want to pay our house bills and put food on the table. We don't take vacations, we dont buy new cars. typically we take anything left over from bills and add it back into the garden; fresh soil, new fencing, upgraded pots/beds.
I don't see the future lending positively to the livelihood of farmers.

panick503

I have found other growers in Mendo county coastal (north) not willing to stick their neck out. Or able to consider ideas, too concerned with their own scene. Maybe too much so. We used to say, even amongst 40 year resident growers/brokers, "Up Here, no good deed goes unpunished."

Sure, if 'in' the clique, it's a lot easier. Cause not being in it is pretty much 'persona non grata' status. And things can change quickly, in such a small place. Regardless of Karma accrued.

I had a few good ideas for us to try. In order to branch out and share our love for the land with others. No MJ involved. And other projects, canna related and not. People were simply not able to wrap their hippie heads around them, even though we all wanted ways to branch out.

Unfortunately, it 0ften seems as if it takes new blood to come up with and execute new ideas in Nor Cal.

2nd post, worst post?

Im in gville, SoHum. If any non sketch balls wanna blaze one id be happy to receive a PM at 50 posts hahah. Its lonely on the hill and where the fuck are all the white women at? jeezuz

jackel

the women dont show up until sept/oct. come on now u know that. lot of em have a lotta armpit hair tho. gotta get to em early in the year before the stink gets too bad LOL

bro...holy shit man living up here has created major trust issues with women hahaha see a cute chick (norcal cute) in the store. she reaches up to grab something off the shelf and she got a hedge thicker than my last sog grow in her pits...fucking aye man makes me wanna throw up...dont even get me started on the stink

But yeah the real troubled relationship is with the state. Not feeling the big changes coming. This state has become so predatory. They chase out the stubborn liberated folks and breed a docile and possibly overly complient type. Not sure about you but I think one thing is universal: The brooker you are the bigger you go and the harder you fall. Every body hates or distrusts new faces, but will turn a blind eye to old money......jury is still out....

Mary57

New hobby grower saying high. I'm not a fan of Prop 64 and am trying to learn how to grow my own medicine or at least consume ethically. Agribiz gets enough of my money at the poor people's grocery store.

I've grown vegetables, flowers, and houseplants my whole life, but there is just something so special about cannabis. I'd love to be able to grow extra for those who can't grow their own, but wouldn't everybody?

I'm up for trading clones and/or seeds safely (contactless delivery) if that is a thing. It worked well with philodendron cuttings on Reddit.

No special snowflake here, just wanting to be neighbourly. I can do grocery/pharmacy runs for those in need during these adjective times and have a great deal of respect for my elders and the cannabis community in general.