What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Drying With Light.. Drying in the DARK

JointOperation

Would be interesting to take a look into the Eastern Countrys like Northern Africa. Often they dry their crop simply on the field. And it looks like it works.

also.. I think a lot of hash making countries that make those nasty soap bar bricks and shit.. like to dry there plants like that so that u cant differentiate the Plant matter.. from the resin?

seems like if u were to make hash with green material u can see the green. but if u do it with gold material. the plant material adds to the yield.. and its like a CUT .. lol

kinda like cutting other drugs.. like they use something white to cut coke.. and something brown or white to cut heroin depending..

maybe they use gold material to make hash for this reason only.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
also.. I think a lot of hash making countries that make those nasty soap bar bricks and shit.. like to dry there plants like that so that u cant differentiate the Plant matter.. from the resin?

seems like if u were to make hash with green material u can see the green. but if u do it with gold material. the plant material adds to the yield.. and its like a CUT .. lol

kinda like cutting other drugs.. like they use something white to cut coke.. and something brown or white to cut heroin depending..

maybe they use gold material to make hash for this reason only.
i used to get this light green colored very soft hash in the 70s. kick your ass good and taste was fantastic. (coulda been compressed kief?? who knew about kief in the 70s in NY?)
but i agree.. weight.

NEGT1

I think heat is the biggest catalyst in terpene degradation so I don't think light is going to degrade it to a point of concern if it's not in a 90 degree room with lights. Or 6 inches under a 1000w bulb. Light might break down the chlorophyll quicker so presuming the temps are in check I can see how it smokes better, quicker. That said I'm also pretty sure a cure is doing the exact same thing over a longer period of time, which is breaking down plant matter leaving behind pristine cannabinoids and terpenes. A curing buds color most definitely mellows out over time into a lighter color...Purple buds turn light purple...

There could be something false to the idea that buds have to cure in the dark...I'm sure it's influences degradation, but not nearly as much as heat.

JointOperation

ya i think the same thing.. that people didnt know any better back in the days.. but i dont think pure darkness is needed.. i dry in a room that usually has a small cfl on all the time.. and i see 0 yellowing faster.. but if i leave a branch in the flower room. within 5-7 days its straight up yellow or brownish bud.

lol.. i think we need to start researching things like this.. if i had access to a lab to test my gear.. i would test cured vs not.. flushed vs not.. 48 hours of darkness or not.. alot of side by sides need to be done with Lab results.