What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Terpenation at Terpene Station

Obsidian

Veteran
15days later I finally finish reading this thread...damn...at least 20-30 pages of nonsense posts could be deleted without hurting the info.

bicboi

can tapper

can tapper

I am having trouble tapping cans into my terp using a can tapper. When I tap iinto mmk3 input valve #4 the butane doesn't go anywhere. Is this because of the stem valve?? If so how can I remove it??

Old Gold

What are you tapping into? An empty collection pot?

Looking at schematic on skunkpharm, Valve #4 is at the point of solvent injectio, which can be routed to the material column or the collection pot directly.
Chill the vessel that you want butane to go to to help draw it, as well as drop the pressure in your collection enough to allow you to inject an entire can (and several).

Obsidian

Veteran
I made a top stem adapter to load the butane. you will need a 1/4 flare, a end cap with a 1/4 fnpt and a valve to turn on and shut off the injection of butane.

Loading through valve 4 injection port leads to butane escaping, plus the awkward angle tires the wrist real fast.

picture.php

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you open the dump valve, you can inject through the butane injection port, which brings the butane in through the down tube, so as to keep the liquid away from the pump intake.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is this rapidly boiling butane because of not so cold (frozen) sight glass or it is low pressure inside?
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=43030&pictureid=1101775

and is it enought pressure inside, or sight glass is frozen so that butane doesn't boil rapidly?
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=43030&pictureid=1101774

Please post a picture of your overall system, so that I can see where your sight glass is located and how your system is plumbed. You shouldn't be boiling in your sight glass. You should be boiling in your recovery pot.

The lighter color when boiling is due to the Beers/Lambert effect, where significantly more light passes through the thinner films that thicker films.

Latest posts

Latest posts