What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Affordable DIY CO2 Extraction???

Docmartin

Oh wow big dumbass moment scratch everything I ever said... lol. Little embarrassed, should've remained a lurker... haha

Docmartin

Psyche! There's gotta be a way to engineer the interior of the vessel to keep product separate from plant material.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Psyche! There's gotta be a way to engineer the interior of the vessel to keep product separate from plant material.

No doubt, but is it an improvement?

Most commercial SCFE CO2 extractors use two separate collection vessels, because it is hard to catch it all the solute in the first.

Docmartin

Makes sense. I shouldn't have posted without thinking a bit more and being a bit more sober minded.

When I originally reached out about using a single vessel, my real question was in regards to the extent of the extraction. When comparing different methods are we comparing selectivity?

mendo420

Veteran
http://ocolabs.com

check this thing out!!!!! tabletop co2 extractor at an affordable price. watch the video on it in action

Its a toy, It can only hold like 1/2 oz

3200 affordable?
acttr
acttr

theJointedOne

Veteran
Overpriced yes, but still cool.

Seems like some heady tech folks on here might be able to use this product as a idea base and come up with something similar for less. Maybe even something similar for less that has a larger capacity, and could recycle.

anyone?

I like the look of it, to be honest, but yea the price for that size and no recycle is a bit steep

Gry

Wow, neat as can be ! I see the videos appear to have been put up 4 months ago, so i do not know if the mentioned invite for beta users is still open.

On expense :
When an Iso 2 first came out, if I recall correctly- it cost just about what the price of 2 pounds of cannabis cost in my area. Or about 320 bucks.
Today I can get a pound of decent cannabis for 1600. For the cost of 2 pounds today, one can can own a Super C.

I would like to know just how much control one has with the lower and mid range of pressure with this.
Really looking forward to hearing how someone who has had the opportunity to spend a bit of time with a unit feels about it.

vidaloca

Anyone know what happened to JY? Wanted to thank him for all his contributions to the sport of CO2 extractions.:tiphat:

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone know what happened to JY? Wanted to thank him for all his contributions to the sport of CO2 extractions.:tiphat:

He accepted a position with a company in CA land and no longer offers equipment on his own, as far as I know.

He does deserve kudos for his contribution.

chefap

supercritical C02 extraction

supercritical C02 extraction

Wolf, try crowdfunding to get the $ that you need to create and develop that affordable machine. Then post when it is available for us to purchase.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you look at the start date of this thread, you can see it was an early brain fart, and after actual experimentation, I determined that a passive system doesn't provide the solvent exchange rates needed, and it exposes the material to the full temperature, pressure curve, so lacks precision and selectivity.

CO2 is a relatively small molecule, so it takes a lot of it for full extraction, and not only is the exact pressure/temperature important for extraction, it is important for fractionating on the way down.

Johnyar came the closest I've seen to an "affordable" machine, using CAT pumps, but even that wasn't affordable to Moi, without cashing in an IRA, or mortgaging the lair.

I'm an old wolf and winding down, not up, so I try to limit the number of rabbits I chase, lest I catch none. I retired a decade ago, and look forward to doing it again, so am currently focused on finishing up what I've already taken a chaw out of.

Hee, hee, hee, aside from the gawd awful reams of paperwork I am currently buried in getting things certified and passing off responsibilities, some of the new stuff is pretty exciting, so you might stay tuned.

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not an advertisement or anything, I was just cruisin' and noticed this was just posted up at the BVV FB page,

Best Value Vacs
Page Liked · 6 hrs · Edited ·

Updated: This is a 1lb open blast co2 extractor easily expandable to 4lbs with an active recovery option coming soon. This will be butane and c02 compatible were just waiting to test with butane!
I will post more info and videos with explanations about running the system monday!

The price is gonna be 7,500$- $8,200 and will release at the end of January!

https://www.facebook.com/bestvaluev...6861899853805/456659814540678/?type=3&theater

Vote for Bernie!!! Happy New Year!

Twisted pleasur

Veteran
Look forward to seeing how this system does. Sky. I was looking on there site for equipment. And I would also like to thank you for that list. Very Helpful. Im surprised honestly.

And GW I want to thank you for all your efforts in this extraction field. I have spent the last 4 weeks or so reading and watching video's. I have really enjoyed all of your statements/opinions and I have learned allot thank you. On here and SkunkPharm even all of the after article posts. Much respect for what you did for your Mother. Being a family man myself and My mother living with me and My mother in Law in a home due to a stroke. I know what is to be in that position. I live for my family period. When our parents get old it is a full time deal to be there for them. Much respect you doing that for yours.

Still do not know what I want to do. I want to invest in a system and I would like to do Co2 but Im still not a 100% sold for the money and what is out there. There are so many facets to this and It sickens me to think the poor products that are out there being consumed. I refuse to be one of these people. One of the main reasons Ive not put the time into furthering myself in this direction. But I would like to. Anyway I know this is a sidetrack but I had to say it somewhere thank both of you.

Dont think I will put the time in to try to do a DIY CO2 system myself. To many factors, machined parts, and R&D for my time limits. Good luck to anyone how happens to do it.