What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Signs that a collapse is under way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunt4genetics

Veteran
With a Humble heart I ask everyone's advice.

Please share, what you believe will be signs that an economic crash is under way.

I will start the list, please add.

Local police layed off.
Private security firms patrolling domestic areas.
Kidnapping for ransom on rise.
open air drug markets in suburban areas.

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
Riots in the streets, certainly no police layoffs(wishful thinking), if anything more police to keep the cockroaches in line.

I would say when your grocery bill starts doubling every month, hungry people protest and possibly riot when they can't afford the basics for survival. Then out come the militarized police brigades.

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
the world wont let us collapse. we will have a new landlord mr chang if anything. good to be prepared for worst tho

hunt4genetics

Veteran
Thanks for your imput Sam.

What are some of the more early signs?

Camden, New Jersey

will lay off half their force this year, if they haven't already.

Not sure if Black Water/Xe is on US soil yet, as they were during Katrina.

hunt4genetics

Veteran
List cont...

No Saturday mail
Nation wide 4 day school week.
Local Govt goes to 4 day work week.
Roaming black outs (starting in california 1st)
Local police only responding to violent crimes.
Code enforcement officers laid off (The people that give out fines for having lawns too high)
Lawns not being mowed due to high gas prices.
Animal control only showing up when bears or panthers show up in people's yards. They won't pick up strays anymore.
Communities of feral cats and dogs popping up.

hunt4genetics

Veteran
I assume when bullet proof vest are common fashion items...

In the US, I believe anyone can wear one except convicted felons.

When automotive garages are retrofitting cars with armor and bullet proof glass.

But I assume this will be right before the crash.

I think I just saw a giant Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. Does that count?
stay-puft-marshmallow-man.jpg

We are on the way. gas in Cali is over $4 a gallon. Most families cannot sustain to pay for gas much above this. As gas prices rise so does the cost of everything else. If gas stays above $4 a gallon and gets to $5, the shits gonna start hitting the fan.

rambone

We are on the way. gas in Cali is over $4 a gallon. Most families cannot sustain to pay for gas much above this. As gas prices rise so does the cost of everything else. If gas stays above $4 a gallon and gets to $5, the shits gonna start hitting the fan.

For real man, I had to let my girl go, she lives too far away that gas is killing me. I told her I needed a break until gas gets down below $2/gal again

Chem-trails. Fracking.
When will this collapse happen, 5 years, 10 years? less? more?
WHEN?!?
Should I move to Canada?
People think bad shit is just around the corner. I prefer to be an optimist, its easy to smile than to frown.

ijim

For real man, I had to let my girl go, she lives too far away that gas is killing me. I told her I needed a break until gas gets down below $2/gal again

When guys quit getting laid because of gas prices. Cant get any worse than that.

ijim

When government bails out corporations as to give them time to pick more peoples pockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.