What's new

Cannabis Cup Dream Team - Super Lemon Haze and ....

Taxman

Hey everyone!

My 2nd kick at the can here. My first grow is just in its last week or two. I've got some nice genetics to work with this time around and they've just popped so I'll likely only post a few updates during veg but this thing will really kick off once flowering starts.

I'll have Super Lemon Haze from Green House Seeds and Tangerine Dream *EDIT*. These are both from feminized stock.

I germed both of these seeds using a wet paper towel with tap water. My tap water seems pretty good -- it doesn't even register on my truncheon. I leave it to sit for a day or two though because it has a definite chlorine smell. I will use it throughout this grow.

After the seeds pop, they both go into rockwool cubes pH'd to 5.8. From here, once they poke out from the surface of the rockwool they will go into the smallest 1 litre (0.3 gallon) air-pots with 100% coco coir to veg for a few weeks under a 96W T5HO 2' fluorescent fixture.

A Botanicare nutrient regimen will start once the cotyledons start to go, otherwise it will just get a light watering with my pH'd tap water. I'll be using the Pure Blend Pro line for coco. As far as beneficials and supplements go I've got Cal-Mag+, AquaShield, Liquid Karma, and SuperThrive. Everything will be mixed as per manufacturer's instructions and schedules (generally!).

Soon after moving into the flowering tent, I'll transplant them into their final 5 litre (1.3 gallon) air-pots. I hope to SCROG these girls as well.

Here are some pics to start whetting appetites -- I will update again a week or two into veg. First we've got the SLH, then compare that to the Tangerine Dream, which I've read is very slow. It definitely seems that way.

Check it out!

Here the Super Lemon Haze 4 days after germination.
qvVTml.jpg

Here it is at 5 days after:
High-res
gmMJ5l.jpg

Here's the Tangerine Dream at 5 days (lol!):
j6Ckpl.jpg

It's hard to see in the above picture, but the shell is now broken and I expect it to pop up definitely today or early tomorrow. Take a look at the closeup of my next shot below and you can see it easier:

High-res
PuFUVl.jpg

That's it for now. Stay tuned!

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! Those are two of the strains I would pick if I had my pick of the litter :)

I am also using Botanicare, Pure Blend Pro Grow, Cal-Mag Plus, & Liquid Karma.
Plan on adding 'Sweet' during flowering, but I am a ways away from that step myself - I'm a few days a head of you - they're all working on their 2nd set of leaves, which on a couple are almost the size of the cotyledons (the 2nd set of true leaves that is); can't tell if they are going to be 3 fingered, but they should!

Good Luck! Can't wait to see it progress.
-SinSe

[edit] Just checked out your other thread, documenting your bagseed grow with the 250 MH/HPS - great job there and very nice thread. To anyone who hasn't read it, check it out, he got 3/4 males, but the female he got grows some 'spears!' [/edit]

Last edited:

Nitelife

:lurk:I'm in on this too.
Being a noob my 1st grow will be with tangerine Dream also.Just waiting to get a few things done to get started..
Best of luck and let the growing begin!

:lurk:I'm in on this too.
Being a noob my 1st grow will be with tangerine Dream also.Just waiting to get a few things done to get started..
Best of luck and let the growing begin!

Tangerine Dream - the first time I even heard of it was when I saw it won the most recent Cup - sounds awesome though. Especially with the recent trend, the Super Lemon Haze winning the in 08 & 09, the citrus-y strains obviously taking a strong hold in the Cup lately. So with that said, the Tangerine Dream makes my mouth water! Hopefully I will be able to sample some in the next couple years (never really know what a strain is unless you have real connects or grow it yourself)!

Are you planning on ordering the seeds yourself or do you have a hook up already?

-SinSe

PS, I already pulled up a chair, but I thought I'd mention it since everyone else does! :wave: Taxman has the touch to really make these turn out the way they should!

Taxman

PS, I already pulled up a chair, but I thought I'd mention it since everyone else does! :wave: Taxman has the touch to really make these turn out the way they should!
Whoa man, don't jinx me! :tiphat:

So far I am chalking up my success to beginner's luck and following the advice of the noob forums, FAQs, fellow members, and from reading countless grow diaries here (250W HPS club lemme hear ya!)

I just wanted to post a quick update with some pictures because the Tangerine Dream has finally surfaced! This is a full 8 days after germination. The Super Lemon Haze looks pretty much the same, so I didn't bother to take another picture of her.

Here is the Tangerine Dream at 8 days from seed:
2Pi71l.jpg

SpwvCl.jpg

I will post again when something noteworthy occurs. :D
Until next time...

Nitelife

Tangerine Dream - the first time I even heard of it was when I saw it won the most recent Cup - sounds awesome though. Especially with the recent trend, the Super Lemon Haze winning the in 08 & 09, the citrus-y strains obviously taking a strong hold in the Cup lately. So with that said, the Tangerine Dream makes my mouth water! Hopefully I will be able to sample some in the next couple years (never really know what a strain is unless you have real connects or grow it yourself)!

Are you planning on ordering the seeds yourself or do you have a hook up already?

-SinSe

I have the 10 pac home just trying to learn b4 i start

I have the 10 pac home just trying to learn b4 i start

Sweetness! That is awesome - great luck - and it is a weed so therefore a lot of the times, the less you do to it the better it responds and since it is a "weed," it grows crazy like one too - once the plant starts getting more leaves and more "green" on it, it seems like it starts to grow exponentally!

-SinSe

laprecaun

I just wanted to post a quick update with some pictures because the Tangerine Dream has finally surfaced! This is a full 8 days after germination. The Super Lemon Haze looks pretty much the same, so I didn't bother to take another picture of her.

What temp you got there? As that could make them surface slower.

Great photos ;)

Good Luck!

Nitelife

Good to see her raise her head,must put ya to ease a bit as them dyam seeds are expensive as hell!
Way ta go Taxman.
Nite

Taxman

What temp you got there? As that could make them surface slower.

Great photos ;)

Good Luck!
Thanks. I like to have decent pics to document things as I go. I keep a pretty detailed journal in there as well.

It's 80°F or 25°C on the veg side. Circulation is not as good as the flowering tent, but my inline fan is bringing a lot of fresh air into the closet, so it should be sufficient. I think I might have pegged it though -- why they've slowed... see below....

Nitelife - Thanks man. You're right it was a total relief. Funny actually, I woke up and opened the closet and all I could see was a tiny mound of coco in the center of the pot, like an anthill... so I gave it a little help and uncovered it before I took that picture.

Okay, so here's my half-baked theory on the slow progress so far:

This is the size of the airpot they're in now, it's a bit bigger than a party cup:
SNOrUl.jpg

And today I noticed that the Super Lemon Haze has been busy stretching her feet! (You might need to see the closeup, but there are four white root hairs that have poked out)
High-res
cBXall.jpg

I'm thinking that since it's in a fairly large container, that this might be the reason for the delay. If that's the case these things should explode in the next week or two. We'll see. My bagseed clones in these tiny airpots are rocking.

I've picked up some Sweet (Raw), Hydroplex and Silica Blast and I am going to start including those in my feed schedules as well... with the exception of maybe the Sweet... I dunno, does anyone here have experience with using Sweet?

I got the raw one but I still don't want anything to mess with the flavor of these two strains, so I will do some more reading and hopefully get some feedback from some people here before the nutrient cycle comes into effect.

Here's a final pic of the two until next time...:

tbDQ8l.jpg

6Bd33l.jpg

Thanks for reading everyone.

I've picked up some Sweet (Raw), Hydroplex and Silica Blast and I am going to start including those in my feed schedules as well... with the exception of maybe the Sweet... I dunno, does anyone here have experience with using Sweet?

I got the raw one but I still don't want anything to mess with the flavor of these two strains, so I will do some more reading and hopefully get some feedback from some people here before the nutrient cycle comes into effect.

Thanks for reading everyone.

hey buddy,

it's about time for an update, eh? *nudge* :groupwave: w/ pictures please! :)

anyways, i'm going to clean my reservoir tomorrow in the AM and then after i run just h2o for the day i'm going to add some nutrient brew to the res and bring the ppm up from 25 to 1,200. In my Botanicare mix will be: Pure Blend Pro Grow, Cal-Mag Plus, Liquid Karma & will be adding the Sweet (also Raw) for the first time.

I also was given some Hydroplex and def. plan on using that one along with the others, replacing PBPG with Pro Bloom during flowering.

Do you think the Berry, Citrus, Grape Sweet would mess with the end products flavor/smell/taste?? I have no hands on experience with them, after reading your post I am happy that the samplers I got are off the Raw (flavorless) variation!

Going to check out Botanicare's website and check out the other ones you mentioned; thought I'd let ya know I would be using the Sweet tomorrow for the first time, and that the plan currently is to continue to use the nutrients i mentioned above and add Hydroplex for flowering.

-SinSe

Happy growing, check out my most recent pics in my thread (below), I reck'on I'm a few days behind where yours should be @! (since when you first posted your babies they were 2 or 3 days further along then my own - interested to see my "aero" set-up is indeed "faster" than other methods)

Nitelife

Hey Taxman glad to see things going great!As far as filling the pot b4 blast off makes sence to me..Beside good root balls are key to good plants. :/
I have a little info story for ya if ya don't mind..
Ok,my grow room isn't ready yet but i figured what the hell i'll start the Moms and get something going right.2 TD and 1 north lights in the cups and boom 3 days they pop,all is lookin good till the bottom leaves start to go yellow.....So i look on here for hours tryin to figure things out.(BTW plants are 3 inch with 2 week grow and on 4 nodes short and bushy)...I come up with im useing the wrong soil...Go get the right soil and and cut the cups....Dirt feels real warm and lol dirt dry,great i had my lights too close and it was them frying the roots not the soil.By this time i have spilled the dirt and cat is rollin in it and trackin it all over the Kitchen,i shew the cat and dog comes running in after the cat(more dirt goes every where) Dammit....10 mins till wife gets home and she just did the floors today...So i got it togeather and chit looks good after 2 days....So i think your doing great my friend ,me on the other hand am wondering what i got myself into.
Keep up the good work!
Nite

Taxman

hey buddy,

it's about time for an update, eh? *nudge* :groupwave: w/ pictures please! :)
Here's the update! :D Pics'a'plenty below.

Do you think the Berry, Citrus, Grape Sweet would mess with the end products flavor/smell/taste?? I have no hands on experience with them, after reading your post I am happy that the samplers I got are off the Raw (flavorless) variation!
From what I've read, the flavoured Sweet will change all three attributes, so I'm happy to try the raw because I want to taste these award-winning strains as unadulterated as possible.

Hey Taxman glad to see things going great!As far as filling the pot b4 blast off makes sence to me..Beside good root balls are key to good plants. :/
Thanks man! Here's an interesting picture of a rootball from one of my sacrificial clones (I had one too many) -- this is from a 1.5 litre air-pot filled with coco... the smallest one they sell. I took it out and rinsed it off a bit before snapping this (shitty) pic:
3iPFhl.jpg

I have a little info story for ya if ya don't mind..
Ok,my grow room isn't ready yet but i figured what the hell i'll start the Moms and get something going right.2 TD and 1 north lights in the cups and boom 3 days they pop,all is lookin good till the bottom leaves start to go yellow.....So i look on here for hours tryin to figure things out.(BTW plants are 3 inch with 2 week grow and on 4 nodes short and bushy)...I come up with im useing the wrong soil...Go get the right soil and and cut the cups....Dirt feels real warm and lol dirt dry,great i had my lights too close and it was them frying the roots not the soil.By this time i have spilled the dirt and cat is rollin in it and trackin it all over the Kitchen,i shew the cat and dog comes running in after the cat(more dirt goes every where) Dammit....10 mins till wife gets home and she just did the floors today...So i got it togeather and chit looks good after 2 days....So i think your doing great my friend ,me on the other hand am wondering what i got myself into.
Keep up the good work!
Nite
I wasn't able to wait either, I don't blame ya! I started some seeds one day on a whim, and after they popped I realized I better get my ass in gear and start building something for them to grow up in! As for cleanliness, I keep the area spotless otherwise I have to answer to my wife too. ;)

Anyway, here's a few recent pictures of these two haute-chronique beauties. (You can start smiling at your awesome aero-setup now, Sinse!)

Tangerine Dream - Four days ago:
C7RHfl.jpg

Tangerine Dream - Today:
KnpXel.jpg

Super Lemon Haze - Four days ago:
XuAvRl.jpg

Mlytdl.jpg

Super Lemon Haze - Today:
UWD1cl.jpg

zXE1el.jpg

It's been about 28 days since the Super Lemon Haze surfaced and 24 days since the Tangerine Dream has surfaced.

Thanks for reading!

Benuw

Definitely want to follow the report as I just started my tangerine dreams, they are about 10" tall and just finished my pheno selection on the super lemon haze.

Benuw

What was your germ rate by the way on the tangerine dream? I had the poorest in a long time, if not ever, with only a 50% germ rate. Good thing I bought the 10 pack so I still have 5 to choose from.

Taxman

What was your germ rate by the way on the tangerine dream? I had the poorest in a long time, if not ever, with only a 50% germ rate. Good thing I bought the 10 pack so I still have 5 to choose from.
I did a pick'n'mix order with three SLH seeds and only one TD seed. I got lucky. :D