What's new

How much would you pay for a clone?

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
i meet this guy at work, we bcome fast smokin partners, one thing leads to another and he finally starts to talk about growing, so no problem we start talking about growing, i tell him i have a couple under my belt but havent grown in years.

time passes and he comes back to me with "yo my boy has some BUBBA KUSH clones" i say cool.

he doesnt now what they should charge for them and he asks me for help. now remember this is NY, im fast realizing that people dont read. i read alot about what im into but im not a "for leisure" reader, but alot of people dont even read about the things they like outside of instructions for video games or for things theyve bought that need to be assembled.

we bbm back and forth about it, i go online and find out a place wants 12 bucks for a clone of the same strain, after some time he gets back to me and says that his boy was thinking about getting atleast 100bucks per clone. . . so of course i bust out laughing in the guys face and tell him that for that amount a person might as well go and buy some seeds.

now ive been outta the game for a while, havent really been on here too tuff or like i used to, but ive never really need to step outside of icmag in order to get what i need in the realm of information. most of my gear ive made myself, do all of my own construction, SSH seeds were gifted to me, i grew for seeds, im set on burn with an elite strain for good so no real need for me to have to buy seeds or clones

so as the title states, is there a standard fee or price for a clone these days? and what does a BUBBA KUSH clone go for. i know its up to him to set his price and thats that, but either way i think that 100 is pretty ridiculous especially if your trying to appeal to oter growers and you have no real network to speak of

it seems as though im coming into a small growing community of growers, learning about them slowly but surely. im sure i can network because these arent people that i came across in a seedy manor, theyre very smart/ hardworking/ passion for growing/keep tp themselves (or to other smokers) type people, and since im gonna be getting things started up soon i wanted to know should i bother with trying to sell clones and if i do whats a good going rate, i dont wanna scare ppl of with my prices if i can help it from the gate

***sorry about the long post, i like to give background information

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
A clone is worth as much as someone's willing to pay for it. I think it largely depends on where you live. I'd personally pay more than 100 for a clone of bubba, but there's no supply where I live. I was gifted a Green Crack clone, and it's solidly better than any other strain that I've grown out. If I had to pay for that, I'd pay up to $1000 for a clone of GC. I have dozens of grows under my belt.

Clone-only strains are usually better than anything you could grow out yourself. I'd call most clone only strains 1 out of 10,000 to find in a seed. Maybe even 1 out of 100,000.

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
YES...very much......indeed......if the clone truly comes from a RELIABLE breeder / source....and is a clone only one of a kind ....TRUE gem.......then she is priceless.......to those that want her......
beyond.......dollars and cent's.......thats why U can often make other arrangements......or just be lucky enuff.......to TRADE another elite......
thats the way it's meant to be.......

i think you'll many find many here who would personally pay 1000's for a clone...hell they are willing to spends 500.00 or more on a pack o beans...crazy i say..100.00 sounds fair, if it's real deal..
anyway, i got my sfv ogk for free and after growing and smokin' it i would'nt pay more than 200.00..i won't spend 200.00 on seeds again either...
having said that, i like my chocolope mom i've kept for yrs. better than the og imvho..she just makes me feel so good...80.00 for a pack was steal for me..
personally i'm finding some of these so called elites to be slightly over-rated..
just one man's opinion...

HighDesertJoe

COME ON PEOPLE NOW
Veteran
Like they've said "what every anyone well pay"
in So Calif you can get a Budda Kush clone for any where from $8-$20 bucks
Just be careful loose lips sink ships
Be Safe

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I look at a cutting differently from seeds.Yeah,i'll pay whatever for a pack of beans depending on the genetics/breeder,and if i really want them.However,when it comes to a cut of something special, that would only be shared with a VERY shortlist(friends).I would never charge for a cut,but thats just me.I'm not a clone dealer.

PistilPete

Enjoying the ride
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You're in New York state and using BBM to talk about the prices of Bubba clones with a guy you just met? I would worry more about how much my attorney was gonna cost if i were you.

Marshall

in a somewhat legal market like Cali, Colorado, etc,clones go for a few bucks.

In a market like FL, NY, clones go for much, much more. You have to look at the big picture. Starting from seed takes a long time. order seeds, start seeds, veg plants, clone, sex, etc. Then you do all that just to find a male or shitty plant. With a clone, you know exactly what you are getting, and you are ready to go. Maybe you have to veg a mom first

Look at the value a clone gives. I would easily pay 500 for a clone of a proven strain

genkisan

Cannabrex Formulator
Veteran
I know of people having paid up to $5000 for a proven clone of a desired and rare strain.

L

longearedfriend

You gotta really know the person, or see the end product or else you might be disappointed.

DevilWeed

I'm in a med state and fully compliant....and I'd pay quite a bit for a proven clone(I can see dropping $500 easy if it was worth it). Seeds are a PITA. Hell, if I had a willing and trusted participant, I'd rather buy seeds and give them to the person to grow out. All I'd want is one clone of the best girl...

D

draco

I know of people having paid up to $5000 for a proven clone of a desired and rare strain.

yeah... if someone doesn't care what they grow, $20 for a clone is reasonable. to some, pot is pot - what's the big deal?

to others who have had the good fortune to smoke elites for some time, the $20 clone never makes it into their gardens cause it is not worth smoking.

with few exceptions, in this life you get what you pay for. if you want to waste 3 months tending schwag plants... well, i say aim higher.

if my mother was growing, i would give her a clone. she would be the ONLY one and there WOULD be conditions...

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Clones and seeds you've got to look at as investments, But with the way weed prices are you only have to sell a few 8ths thesedays to make your money back on them, even if you had the worst grow ever you'd be hard pushed not to make your 100 bucks back.

Some times it's abit of a lottery, but if you trust the source, potentially you can make a hell of a return on your monies.

DaPurps

In my personal situation, non-med state, I would not pay for a clone because that would expose myself as a grower. If I were in a med state, I would probably pay a few hundred to get a proven mother going.

You're in New York state and using BBM to talk about the prices of Bubba clones with a guy you just met? I would worry more about how much my attorney was gonna cost if i were you.

don't get all sketch homie, its ok to talk about grass in NY and we belong to IC as well, hell we even got texans and florida playas here too...

i throw away hundreds of cuttings at a time, its called larf, why charge for trash?

be peacin

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
I like California

I like California

I "donated" LOL :ying: $15 for this DJ Short Blueberry cut :blowbubbles:

picture.php

Same for this Tangerine Haze cut :dance013:

picture.php

But most of the cuts I have were givin to me... Sharing is the only way to improve the overall quality in your area... And it feels good... :thank you:

picture.php

picture.php

Clones flow like water around here :ying:

picture.php

picture.php

:tiphat:

D

draco

i live in a land of cutthroats and charlatans. i trust nobody.

it ain't as it should be here. cali must be different (big understatement)

R

Rysam

Share the wealth is what I say.

I give freely of all my stock (to those I trust), Its just a plant to me.

Its all about the weed Karma.