What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

low flying chopper?

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
so am sitting chillin bong in hand (5 min ago)...low flying chopper flys over the area where am staying..went over my place and kept going for a few miles, started hovering then turned back, flew back towards me (not over my place thought), went a few miles in the other direction and started hovering again b4 going out of sight miles away?????????????

now this has me thinking,,,,flying pigs yall ??...........my lights are off at the moment, am i right in thinking no flying pigs could tell anything was up there as there are not lights on? (heat).... my plant numbers are not high (6 in flower/ 10 in veg), so if things did go tits up am pritty sure i will be fine...(i grow for me & wife).......more worried about loseing my job/my kids dad been know as the ganja grower ect ect lol

what do you think should i chop ore should i chill?....

keep it green
highlander

C

Cookie monster

I'd say relax for the time being bro,

Went through the same crap last summer when the police chopper was hovering over the house.
Damm thing was 3-400 feet above the plants in my garden, flew off and returned a few times.

Made a few calls and it turned out it was looking for some guys who had held up the post office.
Only reason i did'nt chop them straight away was that i've never known the police over here to use helicopters to search for grows, might be a bit different over there tho.

desant

Veteran
Depends where u are, like the dude said, in UK popo is notorious for using choppers to find grows

I have a police helicopter fly over my house a couple times a day, worried me at first but they cant see shit, unless you are running a couple thousand watts, i figure if they are looking into a house then you probably wont know it, they arent going to fly low and go past your house, they we go slow so they can check it out, i wouldn't worry.

desant

Veteran
I had the same chopper problem in 2003 - when this helicopter would circle aropund my grow room... scared the shit out of me

Gdood9

Choppers fly over my 8k all the time...no problems here, been here a while. It does help to be in a mmj state.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had a squadron of Army Blackhawk helicopters fly across my house the other day. I was standing outside with my mom and we both had a laugh.

"Oh shit, here they come to get me!" :hide:

Last edited:

schizobot

even here in england there r choppers flying all over the fucking place all the time bro ,, as long as you dont have many plants you shud be ok... i live in a high rise building aswell i ca see choppers flying over the city everyday

C

cyberwax

The only way a chopper would get you is if they had a flir camera, and since you didnt even have lights on how could they spot you? Dont worrie man, you'll be fine! In any case i would plant more since they now have been in your area anyway :p

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
well i aint running silly lights 1k...so hoping all will be cool,,,i will keep my eyes open for the next few days.......i do know of a few so called bigger grows in my area,, you never know thay cold be checking these out,,i dont realy know...
its just you see chopper and think copper.....i hate be treated like a fucking criminal for growing a plant....man i need to get out of this shit hole.....anyway there not coming down :groupwave:...cops can suck my :moon:

thanks alot guys
keep it green
highlander

C

Cookie monster

well i aint running silly lights 1k...so hoping all will be cool,,,i will keep my eyes open for the next few days.......i do know of a few so called bigger grows in my area,, you never know thay cold be checking these out,,i dont realy know...
its just you see chopper and think copper.....i hate be treated like a fucking criminal for growing a plant....man i need to get out of this shit hole.....anyway there not coming down :groupwave:...cops can suck my :moon:

thanks alot guys
keep it green
highlander

Might be no harm to keep the eyes peeled over the next few days Highlander.
On the plus side it's these little scares that stops us becoming too complacent.

antimatter

Veteran
fearless_FBI_700.jpg

fbi_logo_weed.JPG

T

tokinafaty420

To infrared a 1k lamp could be almost anything. Could be a furnace or a smokeless fireplace. or the damn thing might not even spot it at all depending on the location.