What's new

Lemon cucumbers

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
Seems all my focus has been on cannabis and now that my lemon cucumber are flowering I don't know what to give em, anyone out there got any advice? Oh I have em under 24hrs of HO T5's in FFOF

green_thumb...

Veteran
Well here's one pic of both of them,they look decently green and are always growing but now they are starting to flower and the flowers last only a couple days then die off and no fruit WTF??

SU1HMDA0NTMuanBn.jpg

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those are probably the male flowers. The female flowers have a tiny cucumber below the flower.

If you want the female flowers to grow, then you need to manually pollinate them, else flowers (male & female) will just keep falling off.

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"If you want the female flowers to grow, then you need to manually pollinate them, else flowers (male & female) will just keep falling off" This is the right answer, unless you have bees in your grow room. If my memory serves me, male cuke flowers stand up on a stalk, while female ones have a little cuke forming below.

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
Yes. As has been said, you can use a paintbrush or just take the male flowers and rub them onto the female flowers, which have a little bulge or ball underneath the flower on the stalk.

JWP

Just pick the male flower off the plant and pull the petals off then use that to polinate. No need for a paintbrush :dunno:

You wouldnt have to wait long before the cucumber shiveled up n died

green_thumb...

Veteran
That's exactly what I did,I'm just gonna keep doing that as I see flowers pop up.so hopefully we get some friggin veggies,so anyone help with other indoor grow friendly fruits and veggies?

D

DMXAK47

are you growing these in pots? i wouldnt think a pot would be enough for vine of cucumbers.

Latest posts

Latest posts