What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How To: BHO via Turkey Baster

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
I did apply heat you cant do it any other way as far as I know. All the Buddder I have seen is very dry powder not crusty it just stayed in oil form and I wiped it for 10 min. his handel on utube is hashbean420. I got tired of it so I just poured it all into some of my buds. If you have seen the video that Bubble man has on Utube he shows how to do it but I cant get it to look like his. He has a few that show what Budder looks like. As far as plastic s concered If you can show me some facts that the original honey bee is unhealthy to use for BHO I will change it. I have used it many times with no issues.

You have got to be talking about budderman and not Bubble man. Bubbleman is extremely against oil and I will eat my words the day I see Bubbleman making oil LOL.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran

LOL, the first video is hashbean. He was around the forums for awhile but I haven't seen him in a long time.

LOL yeah hashbean is hardcore........notice the lighter on a string roflmao

Anyway I would like to make a note on budder. I wish people who smoke "whipped" bho would stop calling it "budder". It is not exactly the same thing. It may be a similiar consitency but it's not exactly the same. Budderking uses a couple solvents and either isomerization or something else, only he knows. He doesn't just whip BHO. I've had budder from budderking and it had a consistency of earwax and tasted real chemmy. I didn't like it. So why not just call whipped bho "whip" or "whipped bho"

Sorry to sidetrack your thread oldschool

Wfw1

Thanks Chief! I wanted to say something like that, A friend of mine and me just had that type of trouble, he was referring to bubble as budder... haha I was all confused.

beesknees

Start packing the trim into the baster. I add a few teaspoonfulls, then slightly tamp it down with a wooden spoon.

Dude! You rule! I have researched this so much and for so long, and finally your post has shown me a clear way to do it with the pictures. Thank you!

I got the SS Baster from Bed Bath & Beyond.

None of the instructions on other forums say to take off the syringe and put it in backwards. I never would have thought of that. I was pissed cuz none of my adapters from my Colibri can seemed to fit in the hole when I removed the syringe.

Would it be okay to secure the syringe to the baster with duct tape? Or would the glue from the tape leach into the BHO?

Also... a few people in this thread have talked about "blowout." What exactly causes a blowout? I know one of the causes is packing the weed too tight, but what are there any other factors that could cause a blowout?

I want to avoid this at all costs, obviously.

Sleesak gave me a tip about the syringe. Go ahead and thread it in as it would normally be, then snap off the needle part with a pair of pliers. It works great, I've updated the first post in the thread.

Blowout is caused by a number of things... I don't know them all. I've experienced it once, and since then have used silkscreen on top of the coffee filter. Zero blowouts since then. I highly recommend it at least as a preventative measure.

~Cheers

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
blowouts are primarily caused by uneven packing, along with packing tightly. those two factors together are the main culprit. if you pack evenly you can pack very tightly and use only one coffee filter paper.

jimbob420

old pics

old pics

Sorry, haven't taken any new pics in a while. Don't grind your shit up so much and it will be better quality...just my experience.

Jimbob- completely agree (updated first post). Just curious, how much cannabis material was used to produce the 420 pic? Also, do you do anything else to get the creamy/brittle consistency?

beesknees

Sleesak gave me a tip about the syringe. Go ahead and thread it in as it would normally be, then snap off the needle part with a pair of pliers.

blowouts are primarily caused by uneven packing, along with packing tightly. those two factors together are the main culprit. if you pack evenly you can pack very tightly and use only one coffee filter paper.

Hey, thanks for the replies!

I clipped off the curved part of the needle, and the butane tip fit perfectly.

So I made some BHO yesterday. Not very good yield at all (like .1 gram from 7 grams of bud), but the color was good. Nice and golden brown.

The SS baster only held about 7g or so. I was careful not to pack it to tight as Hashmasta suggested.

One question... how do you guys work with this stuff? It is SO hard and sticky! How do you get it from the razor blade into a vial? I suppose I could use my torch lighter, but I'm afraid I'll burn it!

Wfw1

Regular lighter and a pin. Warm the oil a bit and scrape it off the blade and melt it into the vial. You only got .1 from 7g? Don't throw those buds out try taking it all out, letting it try and re loading it for a second run, I'd expect you should have gotten a better yield using bud then that.

beesknees

Regular lighter and a pin. Warm the oil a bit and scrape it off the blade and melt it into the vial. You only got .1 from 7g? Don't throw those buds out try taking it all out, letting it try and re loading it for a second run, I'd expect you should have gotten a better yield using bud then that.

Nice, that worked. Just used a regular bic lighter and put it under the bottom of the vial, then I was able to scoop it up.

It hardens fast though!

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
4th of July Oil prOn!

4th of July Oil prOn!

Just thought I'd drop some oil prOn on ya: Paradise Seeds Opium: The Totem phenotype.....uncrushed buds used:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Is it really important to have a silk screen on the end of the turkey baster? Would 2 coffee filters attached securely with the clamp be sufficient? Was the first blowout from the filter tearing, or did pressure push stuff out the top where butane was being pumped in?

maybe i am wayy too late to post on this. But hey, i've been using PVC and since butane turns brutally cold, I can't imagine their being negative effects from cold PVC, maybe hot. I've been using the PVC--not turkey baster--method with excellent results. I'll have to post sometime. But basically I use a 1ft pvc tube with one end covered with a pvc cap and a small drilled hole to inject butane (clean refined butane always spend the extra) and i just put 2 coffeefilters with tight rubber bands tired around the other (non-PVC capped end). And basically follow the same procedure for extraction. sorry to put my 2c in... I know i'm a "noob" but I have years off experience in grows. And will do my multi-strain 400wattt grow journal soon. I know I need to gain them props from this community

Latest posts

Latest posts