What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How To: BHO via Turkey Baster

G

guest5703

dude your a king! Where were you two days ago man!?!?!? LMAO, my friend and I were going to home depots, glass shops, metal shops, yada yada, even got a plastic turkey baster from walmart and figured out we couldnt use plastic. We couldn't find any thing that would work properly except that extractor that cheifsmokingbud uses from that site.

Anyways, thank you bro, I am gonna go get one tonight if I can! PEACE

Che

Veteran
Hi, you can use a Gatorade or Powerade bottle for this. The one with the "Sport" nipple tip.

You need coffee filter, clean hepa filter or vacuum bag, a clean cigarette filter or cotton batton. Oven mitts or a tea towel to hold the bottle. And a soldering iron.

Bottle prep:
Drink the stuff, or dump it out.. wash the bottle thoroughly. Allow to dry completely.
Using a soldering iron or heating a pin with a lighter, burn a small hole in the center of the bottom of the bottle. this is where you'll be spraying butane. Try to get it right so the tip of the butane bottle will be depressed but spray only into the container. It's very easy, and usually your butane will come with a variety of different tips so just find one that works for you.

Cap Prep:
Remove the cap from the bottle and break off the lid part, it's not needed.
Place the cotton or cig filter inside the nipple. Cut a piece of vacuum bag the size of the bottle top, and place it over the inside of the lid. Fold your coffee filter over a couple times and then put it on top of the bottle and screw the lid on. Now it should take shape and you can remove it to put your plant matter in the bottle.

Hold it upside down, over your collection plate and start spraying! As it gets cold you'll want the tea towel or oven mitts to protect your fingers..

After that it is the same as any other BHO, just purge and enjoy!
This method have given me fantastic results, and a gatorade bottle is cheap and easy to find!!

Enjoy, -Che

**Che is not responsible for any personal injury you may incur attempting this or any other extraction method, so use your head.

G

guest5703

Are you saying to use a plastic bottle instead of the stainless steel? I hope not...

On another note, where can I get this martha stewart turkey baster?? Can't find it anywhere...

Che

Veteran
Are you saying to use a plastic bottle instead of the stainless steel? I hope not...

On another note, where can I get this martha stewart turkey baster?? Can't find it anywhere...

No, I'm not saying that Plastic is better. But, it's what I and many other people on a tight budget have found to be easy to find, very cheap, and very effective time and time again. Take what you want from it.

G

guest5703

I was just under the impression that plastic was harmful?? If it isn't I woulda been using plastic already...So is it toxic but not enough to care? Thanks

Che - thanks very much! I can definitely see the gatorade bottle technique coming in handy (might actually try it this summer while camping, just for kicks :)

Caligreen - All of Martha's stuff is sold at Kmart. Failing that, I'm sure any good cooking store will sell SS turkey basters (usually malls will have one shop dedicated to home cooking or something similar). Found the exact same one here: http://www.legourmetchef.com/Temp_Products.cfm?sku=03039768 for $9.99 :rasta:

I'm not 100% sure of the plastic issue, but from my limited experience with chemicles and plastic I opted for the SS. Definitely will try Che's method tho, as it would be pretty damn fun to be McGuyver at a party "I need a gatorade bottle, ciggarette, and two cans of butane stat!" Would be interesting to compare the results as well.

Last edited:

Sleestak

bed bath n beyond has the same baster in a different package. williams n sonoma has a bigger baster that's pretty pricey, around $25. As oldschool said, most good specialty cooking stores should carry stainless basters.

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
Alot of wrong info in this thread...and some great info(CHiefsmokingbud)

I'm sorry but that shit's grimey IMHO. If you really wanna make BHO at least invest in some nButane.

What do you think he used? BHO means Butane extraction, what do you think the can is?

Co2 would probably be even better.

Another useless lie, how the hell is that supposed to work?
However, I would suggest getting some bubblebags.

To make BHO? Dumb, dumb, dumb

It's easier than you would think, and the product just can't be touched by anything induced with solvents, again IMHO.

It is way more potent than any sifted hash, just a different product, bags are good for bubblehash, this is BHO, you know nothing, it's obvious..

Your 2 cents are wooden...

BHO is great and your yield looks fabulous, did you do 3 runs? That's alot of oil..

A couple suggestions,

1. Don't grind or blend the herb, pack it without crumbling it all, it will make BHO with less green material in it, better quality.

2. Let it sit in the bowl overnight, on hot pads, or on a T5 light, computer, whatever, let it sit until it;s dry to the touch. The end product will be smoother and tastier and way less harsh.

3. Purge it like 4 or 5 times in warm water for like 10-30 minutes ech time. Fill the sink with hot water, set the bowl in, let it bubble for 20 minutes, go back refill the sink with hot water, bubble again for 20 minutes, again, again, then let si overnight. The next day it will be dry and cristally, rewarm in the hot sink, then scrape while its semi-pliable, when it dries it will be hard again like rock candy - purging the oil alot makes it better...oh and use vector butane always with the term "triple refined" at least or "refined" etc..never use the cheap shit..It's worth the extra 3 dollars..believe me

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The original Honey bee extractor was made out of PVC/plastic not sure of the exact plastic material. I have one been used many times. I have both BHO and Bubble. To me there is no difference in the high I don't get any higher by smoking BHO or Bubble. I use Quality bud for both. I used 16oz of Bog LSD I got 55g back. For BHO I used 2 oz of LSD I got 4g. I do not cut up the bud at all. I keep it in the freezer so I can Handel it. When I make it mine is much clearer it's still golden in color but you can see through it. I think the filter you are using is not the right size in microns to filter out the plant material. You can get 20m silk screen at any Michaels it's cheep and can be reused. I just made a batch of bubble. I used 5oz Cannabiogen Destroyer. It's still drying but looks like I got about 10g. I could get more from my extractions but I only do it 1X. For me it's about Quality not quantity.

Another batch of turkey baster BHO. This batch wasn't ground up, but used the same filters/etc. This is the yield of one baster full of trim.

picture.php

Can't wait to harvest this fall, planning on using two plants worth of bud specifically for BHO :rasta:

G

guest5703

Moldy Dreads You are kind of being rude with your comments....Let me explain.

What do you think he used? BHO means Butane extraction, what do you think the can is?
He actually said nButane, see the N. There is a difference between N-Butane and isobutane as stated in Chiefsmokingbuds thread. So I wouldn't say funinthefullsun was wrong at all, he was telling the dude to use better butane, which you later stated to do as well.......

Another useless lie, how the hell is that supposed to work?
Useless lie? lol bro what are they lying about? The fact that you can use C02 to extract???? I don't know the method either, but stating he is a liar is just arrogant. Although I'm not sure if C02 would work in a BHO technique, it IS still a type of extractor.

To make BHO? Dumb, dumb, dumb
He had stated he likes bubble hash more than BHO, that is why he said to get some bubble bags because it is one of the best hash extracting methods. In no way what so ever did I think this man meant use bubble bags to create BHO. He just he liked bubble better, so get some bags. Now did you honestly think he was telling us to make BHO from bags? Cooome on.

Your 2 cents are wooden...
As are yours sir.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice stuff there.

Another batch of turkey baster BHO. This batch wasn't ground up, but used the same filters/etc. This is the yield of one baster full of trim.

picture.php

Can't wait to harvest this fall, planning on using two plants worth of bud specifically for BHO :rasta:

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
picture.php

There we go! Looks awesome now!

He actually said nButane, see the N. There is a difference between N-Butane and isobutane as stated in Chiefsmokingbuds thread. So I wouldn't say funinthefullsun was wrong at all, he was telling the dude to use better butane, which you later stated to do as well.......
You are both talking out your ass

A quick chemistry lesson may be helpful. Butane's chemical formula is C4H10, which means the butane molecule consists of four carbon atoms surrounded by ten hydrogen atoms to form a straight line. Imagine a four-segment carbon caterpillar with ten hydrogen legs to get a visual idea of a butane chain. This form of the colorless gas is technically called n-butane (the n stands for 'normal'). N-butane has a relative called isobutane, which is used primarily as a replacement for the refrigerant freon in refrigerator systems.

We report three cases of sudden death due to inhalation of portable cooking stove fuel (case 1), cigarette lighter fuel (case 2), and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) (case 3). Specimens of blood, urine, stomach contents, brain, heart, lung, liver, kidney, and fat were collected and analyzed for propylene, propane, isobutane, and n-butane by headspace gas chromatography. n-Butane was the major substance among the volatiles found in the tissues of cases 1 and 2
Useless lie? lol bro what are they lying about? The fact that you can use C02 to extract???? I don't know the method either, but stating he is a liar is just arrogant. Although I'm not sure if C02 would work in a BHO technique, it IS still a type of extractor.
Definitely a useless lie, CO2 extractors cost upwards of $50,000. He stated it was more practical, and in reality no one has ever done this practically. Where is the proof?Oh yeah, you have none..

He had stated he likes bubble hash more than BHO, that is why he said to get some bubble bags because it is one of the best hash extracting methods. In no way what so ever did I think this man meant use bubble bags to create BHO. He just he liked bubble better, so get some bags. Now did you honestly think he was telling us to make BHO from bags? Cooome on.
No he didn't, he said using bags was better, this is a BHO thread, and BHO is more potent than bag hash, I make both, I can prove it too, and yes you can make BHO from bubblehash..

As are yours sir.
Stop talking out yer ass......

G

guest5703

most of your comments are still just on the rude side bro. Seems like you've woke up on the wrong side of the bed too many times.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this is what it should look like when done. The longer you cook it the darker it will get. This is the right color. Golden translucent !!

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts