What's new

HONEY OIL !DENATURED STYLE

kilacaLIbud

thank you humbolt high.!! :wave: this truly is the only way to make oil the first wash is the greatest ...the seconed green wash seems to wake u up out of ur high and get u up and ready to drink some beer... :woohoo: ...and just when i thought ppl did read this thread...thanks humbolt..

Last edited:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Doesn't denatured mean that they add a chemical to ethanol that means you can't drink it? I wonder if the shit that makes you puke ends up in the oil :confused:

G

Wow lots of great info in this thread.. I will have to give this a try.. :wink:

kilacaLIbud

for lazy pppl like mustard

for lazy pppl like mustard

for lazy ppl like mustard who dont wanna read my thread here is what denatured means TRUKEMIST orijanially posted this
For those of you, who are unfamiliar with this term:
Denatured:
adj : changed in nature or natural quality; for example, "denatured alcohol"
The chemical bonds within the alcohol have been weakend and this increases it's affinity for polar molecules, which attracts more delta-9-THC while decreasing it's boiling point.
Fact is that hexane and butane make better solvents, but both are not readily available to consumers for purchase, while denatured alcohol's can be found at hardware stores and pharmacies. I look forward to your tutorial kilacaLI! peace, tRu

kilacaLIbud

mean mr.mustard said:
Doesn't denatured mean that they add a chemical to ethanol that means you can't drink it? I wonder if the shit that makes you puke ends up in the oil :confused:

oviously it doesnt if it has been around for around 10 years ...in norcal med clubs :moon: :bat:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
PS the shit that they put in ethanol to make it "denatured" is methanol (wood alcohol ) and isopropyl alcohol ( rubbing alcohol ). That would explain the fact that denatured means not drinkable :D I have no doubt that these adulterants evaporate cleanly. We are both right. And you have the oil, so calm down.

J

James-Bong

What Can your Trim Consist of? All leaves and stems or Just ones with Trichs on em?

Wrecked

Hey james everytime i have made oil i just use the budleaves with trichs on them and everything else goes to Bubblebags PeAcE

J

James-Bong

Right on... I might have to give this a Whirl Sometime this Winter when i get bored.

kilacaLIbud

methonol??? that is racing fuel....i have methanol injection on my car.. for my turbo...
try the recipie...and if u dont like it ...try my other recipie...cause i am the one who founded the hexane recipie also...

mean mr.mustard said:
PS the shit that they put in ethanol to make it "denatured" is methanol (wood alcohol ) and isopropyl alcohol ( rubbing alcohol ). That would explain the fact that denatured means not drinkable :D I have no doubt that these adulterants evaporate cleanly. We are both right. And you have the oil, so calm down.

Wrecked

When making bubblehash doesnt the mold float to the top? I was told to do this if i ever had moldy buds.

I may have to try denatured oil or use grain alcohol method sometime soon.
PeAcE

kilacaLIbud

Babbabud said:
Never really know what they are going to tell you at a med club. A well known med club in the bay area who profess to be "experts" told hillbillieonpcp and I that bubblehash was no good because it would just be full of mold .... Just for the record ... there are no controls on med clubs in the bay area. Anyone can open one up and say they are an expert. If your oil is good ... then its good .... but using a med club as a "expert reference" ??... most of us that have been around the med club scene know that there opinion in most cases arent all that "expert"
Just my .02 worth

as the wise man dave chappelle has said ....."u have smoked urself retarted" lol :bat: jk what does this have to do with what? ask hillbillyonpc ..he will tell u how he got the hexane idea...AND if u have a degree in chemestry ..i think ur considered a expert..

kilacaLIbud

Wrecked said:
When making bubblehash doesnt the mold float to the top? I was told to do this if i ever had moldy buds.

I may have to try denatured oil or use grain alcohol method sometime soon.
PeAcE

do ur research...and experiment carefully... be safe...dont :yoinks: blow urself up

kilacaLIbud

OOO sorry babba bud .... i thought u were talkin bout something else...im stoned ASss fuck and i was trippin like what are u talkin bout..but i got what ur saying now ....im sorry i wasnt callin u retarted i was just stoned and i just happened to be watchin half baked .....my bad ... didint mean to offend u ..but i see what ur saying...if ur oil gets u stoned ..then ur good..but thats still a stoner ramble... and i never been to a med club ... i just know ppl who own them and the chemist they rely on to make there oil...but i do u know u have to be a expert to know how to extract oil and extract it the safest and easyest way..i also see what ur saying about how ppl can tell u WRONG STUFF ALL Day long and think there right........i showed this kid a pic of a dank ass nug...and he told me to take some tweezers and pick all the hairs off and pack a bowl with them..and apperently i will be stoned A** F **...... :chin:...i respect u tottally babbabud!! no hard feelings.. :wave: :joint:

Last edited:
G

babba very nice post....thanks for the info...and for the record...it was Kila who introduced me to the Hexane Wash

Just read the label

Just read the label

The S-L-X Denatured Alcohol that was shown and recommended at the start of this thread is ethanol denatured with methanol, Marine stove grade (i'm looking at the label right now) and that is good, it both burns and evaps clean which is why it is used in marine stoves. Burning stuff in a tiny sealed cabin can be risky.

Most denatured you find in hardware paint dept.'s and such is this type but read the label as has been pointed out, there are other less pure and more toxic kinds. Pure methanol is toxic to drink but evaps clean. Ethanol (drinking alcohol) is also toxic if you outpace your bodies ability to break it down, the difference with methanol is your liver can't break it down. Beyond that it's contaminants you have to worry about with industrial products.

Most industrial grade solvents do not need to meet very high purity standards and can be contamanated with any number of unknown off-label chems. Denatured labeled for marine stoves is only ethanol/methanol (usually 90%/10%) and has to meet purity standards based on human exposure.

Great thread I don't know if iso or denatured is better for this particular use but in general denatured is a better solvent. I do know that iso makes my house smell like a hospital and denatured like a bar.

PMZ

kilacaLIbud

very good info..but... i dont see any place where it talks about using it as a solvent...just to extract a compound. such as THC or other compounds ...also ur compairing using rubbing on skin to using dentaured on the skin as a rubbing alcohol.for disinfecting or drinking..... no where u talk about TOXIC RESIDUES left behind FROM EVAPORATION ..thats what i think u should research ... cause as long as u evaporate all the alcohol u shouldnt be consuming any trace of denatured alcohol..because there is non it in ....IT EVAPORATED.
also...I DONT Think ISO MAKES DELTA9 THC which is a diff kind of high...then the other delta property

thats just my 2 cents about the whole process

Last edited: